Do you prefer a Rested Rams or a Green Bay Matchup?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
thinking about it, I prefer the Packers. First time in playoff for Love, playing on the road. no big time WRs or RBs, just a lot of depth. Rams have a couple of big time WRs.

Starrlord

Reaction score
I did say last 6 games.
But even then, last 7...no doubt how they have played is that span is far more important than early season.
Hey, even Full Season QBR.....Safford is 6th, Love is 9th.

I won't look deeper, but I notice in those 7 games both Love and Stafford had 16 TD passes...... haven't calculated their passer ratings or QBR in last 6 games. I assume its very similar
I know Love is playing great

My point was the playoffs and who I would rather take.

You would prefer Love
I would prefer Stafford
For the Playoffs

no big deal

Love has a higher passer rating, more TD passes, more total TDs, and less INTs on the season, and over the last 7 games. They are both on good streaks of play, but Love has been better, with 16 TD passes, 2 TD runs, only 1 INT and the highest passer rating in the league over the last 7 games.

I understand valuing playoff experience, but remember, Stafford did nothing in the playoffs his whole career prior to his run with the Rams. Love has been playing better then Stafford, he is the one i would take, but i understand your position.

Starrlord

Reaction score
thinking about it, I prefer the Packers. First time in playoff for Love, playing on the road. no big time WRs or RBs, just a lot of depth. Rams have a couple of big time WRs.
Aaron Jones is absolutely a big time RB, I wouldnt take RB in the league over Aaron Jones. Packers have our best rookie WR in team history with Reed and will likely have Watson back by then too.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Aaron Jones is absolutely a big time RB, I wouldnt take RB in the league over Aaron Jones. Packers have our best rookie WR in team history with Reed and will likely have Watson back by then too.
jones is averaging around 54 ypg, over a 10 game span. started hot, but cooled off as of late. they have two RBs, including Dillon who has rushed for around 600. over all they are decent rushing, but don't have a real work horse. there is about 15 other RBs I would take over Jones.

their best WR is averaging less than 50 yards per game. again they have a couple of players that are about the same, but no dominant. their best WR is about 600 total yards, 50th in the league.

so why I say they don't have dominant ala Nacua, Kupp, or Kyren Williams.

we tend to do better against those type of teams as opposed to those who have a couple of dominant high end players.

Starrlord

Reaction score
jones is averaging around 54 ypg, over a 10 game span. started hot, but cooled off as of late. they have two RBs, including Dillon who has rushed for around 600. over all they are decent rushing, but don't have a real work horse. there is about 15 other RBs I would take over Jones.

their best WR is averaging less than 50 yards per game. again they have a couple of players that are about the same, but no dominant. their best WR is about 600 total yards, 50th in the league.

so why I say they don't have dominant ala Nacua, Kupp, or Kyren Williams.

we tend to do better against those type of teams as opposed to those who have a couple of dominant high end players.

Aaron Jones is statistically one of the most efficient runners ever but whatever. He has been injured for most of this season, which is why he doesnt have much volume to his numbers. Same with our WRs.

The Packers O has been the best in the league over the last 7 weeks, despite playing most of it without our top RB, top WR, and top TE and a great deal of other injuries to our O line and WR core. The reason is because Love is playing fantastic and spreading the ball around evenly.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Aaron Jones is statistically one of the most efficient runners ever but whatever. He has been injured for most of this season, which is why he doesnt have much volume to his numbers. Same with our WRs.

The Packers O has been the best in the league over the last 7 weeks, despite playing most of it without our top RB, top WR, and top TE and a great deal of other injuries to our O line and WR core. The reason is because Love is playing fantastic and spreading the ball around evenly.
Oh, I get it. You are a packer fan.

Jones is an average RB. End of story.
Injured. Even worse.

I still prefer to play against a QB first time in playoffs on the road with a.bunchnof average WRs.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's not likely, but there's a slim chance it could be the 8-9 Vikings as the 7th seed. They need a win and a lot of help, but there is a path for them.

(Vikings win AND Bears win AND Cardinals win, plus a Falcons OR Panthers win)

Give me Nick Mullens throwing picks in AT&T.

Last edited:

JBS

Reaction score
Here we go with the “idc about our opponent!”

For most sb runs, the stars have to align. Give me the weaker team (GB, with the QB making his playoffs debut
Why is this so hard for people to understand haha

Starrlord

Reaction score
Oh, I get it. You are a packer fan.

Jones is an average RB. End of story.
Injured. Even worse.

I still prefer to play against a QB first time in playoffs on the road with a.bunchnof average WRs.

No he isn't, noone on Earth thinks Jones is average lol. He is commonly accepted to be a top 3 back, top 5 at the least. You realize he has one of the best YPC averages in history?

Watson is well beyond average, he had just been injured. Reed is having one the best rookie seasons a WR has ever had, the absolute best a Packers rookie WR ever had.

Flamma

Reaction score
Love has a higher passer rating, more TD passes, more total TDs, and less INTs on the season, and over the last 7 games. They are both on good streaks of play, but Love has been better, with 16 TD passes, 2 TD runs, only 1 INT and the highest passer rating in the league over the last 7 games.

I understand valuing playoff experience, but remember, Stafford did nothing in the playoffs his whole career prior to his run with the Rams. Love has been playing better then Stafford, he is the one i would take, but i understand your position.
Love has probably been playing better than Mahomes over the last 7 games. I would take Stafford over Love, not because of what he's done recently, but because of what I think he's capable of. His lack of previous playoff success is because he was on the Lions. But he was a very good QB and I don't think that winning the SB with the Rams surprised too many people.

That said, I think we're either playing the Seahawks or Packers. Not Rams. And I'd rather play the Packers.

Starrlord

Reaction score
Love has probably been playing better than Mahomes over the last 7 games. I would take Stafford over Love, not because of what he's done recently, but because of what I think he's capable of. His lack of previous playoff success is because he was on the Lions. But he was a very good QB and I don't think that winning the SB with the Rams surprised too many people.

That said, I think we're either playing the Seahawks or Packers. Not Rams. And I'd rather play the Packers.
Love has outplayed Mahomes overall on the season pretty easily.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No he isn't, noone on Earth thinks Jones is average lol. He is commonly accepted to be a top 3 back, top 5 at the least. You realize he has one of the best YPC averages in history?

Watson is well beyond average, he had just been injured. Reed is having one the best rookie seasons a WR has ever had, the absolute best a Packers rookie WR ever had.
no one? really? seriously? there are 10 other RBs I would easily take over Jones right now. at his best as you say he was 10th in rushing last year.

yeah, he is average RB. doesn't mean he is not good. but he is not special. not top 3. no way. no how. top 5, your dreams maybe.

so what that he has best YPC in history. I can name quite a few more.

and Reed is having one of the best rookie seasons a WR ever had!!! thats laughable. Nacua says hello. Lamb says hello, Hill says hello, brown says hello, Aiyuk says hello, Moore says hello, Cooper says hello. I can go on, but there is not enough room on this page to list all who have had better Rookie season. again average. average doesn't mean bad. its good, but its average.

sorry dude, you are spinning stories that just doesn't hold water. YPC as a means to justify a RB being top 3. seriously. you must be a high school kid.

done

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Rams appear to be worse case scenario as they are hottest team and most seasoned playoff experience only 2 years removed from Super Bowl.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Obviously, you'd rather face an inexperienced Jordan Love instead of the Wiley Veteran Matt Stafford.. But at this point it doesn't really matter who you play. If the Cowboys can keep the penalties to a minimum and run the ball well enough to keep the opposing defense honest, as well as hold up against the run defensively, this team can beat anybody.

Flamma

Reaction score
Obviously, you'd rather face an inexperienced Jordan Love instead of the Wiley Veteran Matt Stafford.. But at this point it doesn't really matter who you play. If the Cowboys can keep the penalties to a minimum and run the ball well enough to keep the opposing defense honest, as well as hold up against the run defensively, this team can beat anybody.
I know you're not referring to me, but I'd take the Packers over either Seattle or Rams in the first round. I just don't think the Packers as a whole are that threatening. Too many really good players on Seattle and the Rams. Green Bay has what? Is that cheesy team coming to Dallas and ending the streak?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No he is not lol. Love has outplayed Stafford by a wide mile this season. Love has had the best QB season statistically, aside from Dak, Lamar, and maybe Purdy.
maybe Purdy!!! LOL. wow. seriously dude.

and how about Tua? Stafford? Goff?

by a wide mile. you are so funny. but I get your passion for your team.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
The path matters. The 95 Cowboys would not have won a title had the Packers not beaten the 49ers in the divisional round. At that point those 3 teams were rock, paper, scissors with how they matched up with the other two.
I'm confused, are you saying that the 95' Cowboys would not have beaten the 49ers if they matched up in the playoffs that year?? If so, I couldn't disagree more.. Those Cowboys teams in the 90's were mentally tough, well disciplined, well coached and PROVEN WINNERS. I find it disrespectful to the memory of those great teams, that any real Cowboys fan would think that way..

Starrlord

Reaction score
maybe Purdy!!! LOL. wow. seriously dude.

and how about Tua? Stafford? Goff?

by a wide mile. you are so funny. but I get your passion for your team.

This season, Love has more TD passes and total TDs than Purdy, while also having less INTs.

This season, Love has more TD passes and total TDs than Tua, Stafford, and Goff, while also having less INTs and a higher passer rating.

Over the last 8 games Love leads the league in TD passes, total TDs, and passer rating.

Looks like you never actually looked at the numbers. Yes, Love had a better season than every QB in the league aside from maybe Dak and Lamar. Statistics don't lie.