Do You Think McNabb is a top 5 QB in the League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Mr. (not Jerry) Jones said:
wait, are all the eagles trolls 18? this could explain an awful lot...
I'm not a troll and I'm not 18. So no it doesn't explain anything.

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I'm not a troll and I'm not 18. So no it doesn't explain anything.

You're a homer, not a troll, you weren't included in that statement

AJM1613

Reaction score
You're a homer, not a troll, you weren't included in that statement
I'm not a homer, I just tell it like it is and it upsetts you because it doesn't have the birds crashing for the 4th time this year.

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I'm not a homer, I just tell it like it is and it upsetts you because it doesn't have the birds crashing for the 4th time this year.

No, not quite, I think the Eagles are the best team in the NFC East untill proven otherwise. That being said, I do however think that they have a big hole a CB, their linebackers are subpar, they lost their only power back, and McNabb is over-rated and inaccurate.

All things said and done, I think the Eagles fall from grace this year will not be a result of them getting worse (since I think the additions of TO and Kearse, who were both injured last year, keep them at least as good), but from everyone else getting better, particularly the Cowboys improving on the D last year (which was ranked #1 overall, and #2 in scoring), improvement along the Oline, RB, and WR possitions. Last year the Cowboys and Eagles were a closer match then you give them credit for being; they did split the games 1-1, both got knocked out of the playoffs by Carolina, and going into week 17 Cowboys were still in the race for the division. The Eagles won the division last year, but they didn't dominate it like they had previously.

Your continued assertions that everything is sunshide, daydreams, and domination in Philly is what makes you a homer.

AJM1613

Reaction score
No, not quite, I think the Eagles are the best team in the NFC East untill proven otherwise. That being said, I do however think that they have a big hole a CB, their linebackers are subpar, they lost their only power back, and McNabb is over-rated and inaccurate.

All things said and done, I think the Eagles fall from grace this year will not be a result of them getting worse (since I think the additions of TO and Kearse, who were both injured last year, keep them at least as good), but from everyone else getting better, particularly the Cowboys improving on the D last year (which was ranked #1 overall, and #2 in scoring), improvement along the Oline, RB, and WR possitions. Last year the Cowboys and Eagles were a closer match then you give them credit for being; they did split the games 1-1, both got knocked out of the playoffs by Carolina, and going into week 17 Cowboys were still in the race for the division. The Eagles won the division last year, but they didn't dominate it like they had previously.

Your continued assertions that everything is sunshide, daydreams, and domination in Philly is what makes you a homer.
Our two starting CBs (Lito Sheppard, Sheldon Brown) played very well last year. They were 2-0 when playing together and held their oposition to a 72.29 QB rating. They also went 7-3 with one of them starting and held their oposition to a 80.84 QB rating. From watching the games from last season, I can tell that Sheppard will turn out to be a very good #1 CB, and Brown should turn out to be a decent #2. I think that Brown is a little bit of a question mark, but Sheppard will turn out fine as the #1. If we do get McKenzie, truthfully I think that there will be a little competition between Sheppard and McKenzie for the #1 CB spot, and McKenzie is a very good CB. If we don't improve on this position in FA I think that Ware will take over the starting CB spot in 2005 from Brown. Ware has shown in college that he is extremely similar to Bobby Taylor (who I believe was a product of the system) and I think that he will turn out to be just as good.

Our line backers are average, I agree, but I don't think that they are any worse than they were in 2003. Our MLB (Mark Simoneau) is good and our WLB (Nate Wayne) is a very good LB, he just never learned the system last year and he looked confused. Our new SLB (Dhani Jones) should be fine, he is quicker and more athletic than Emmons but he lacks the cover skills Emmons had on the TEs. If we lost anything at this position it wasn't much and the healthy defensive line should make them look better.

Duce Staley was our third HB last year and wasn't a powerback. Buckhalter is just as good as him at power running and Westbrook is a better receiver. Duce very rarely ran the ball much last year. I don't think that we will lose anything here. I don't know if you have been following NFLE but our 3rd/4th HB lead the league in all purpose and rushing yards. I watched him play last week and he really looked good. He should be fine to get a couple carries a game. Our grind it our HB this year is FB/HB Thomas Tapeh, our 5th round pick. I don't know how good he will do this year but he looks good on film.

McNabb is not overrated, and may be inaccurate but he still brought us to 3 straight NFC Division Championships and 4 straight play off seasons.

Philadelphia will dominate this division again. Our offense did well against you when McNabb was healthy. 19-35 248 yards and 3 TD. Also Buckhalter had 115 yards on 13 attempts. That is a 8.8 ypa.

I just don't seeing you catching up this year, if we (meaning McNabb) are healthy. Just look at the games where he was healthy and the games he wasn't, now imagine that for a season (64% completion rate, 5 int in 10 games and a 97.2 QB rating). If he can play like that for a season, then yes we will dominate the division again.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Our two starting CBs (Lito Sheppard, Sheldon Brown) played very well last year. They were 2-0 when playing together and held their oposition to a 72.29 QB rating. They also went 7-3 with one of them starting and held their oposition to a 80.84 QB rating. From watching the games from last season, I can tell that Sheppard will turn out to be a very good #1 CB, and Brown should turn out to be a decent #2. I think that Brown is a little bit of a question mark, but Sheppard will turn out fine as the #1. If we do get McKenzie, truthfully I think that there will be a little competition between Sheppard and McKenzie for the #1 CB spot, and McKenzie is a very good CB. If we don't improve on this position in FA I think that Ware will take over the starting CB spot in 2005 from Brown. Ware has shown in college that he is extremely similar to Bobby Taylor (who I believe was a product of the system) and I think that he will turn out to be just as good.

Our line backers are average, I agree, but I don't think that they are any worse than they were in 2003. Our MLB (Mark Simoneau) is good and our WLB (Nate Wayne) is a very good LB, he just never learned the system last year and he looked confused. Our new SLB (Dhani Jones) should be fine, he is quicker and more athletic than Emmons but he lacks the cover skills Emmons had on the TEs. If we lost anything at this position it wasn't much and the healthy defensive line should make them look better.

Duce Staley was our third HB last year and wasn't a powerback. Buckhalter is just as good as him at power running and Westbrook is a better receiver. Duce very rarely ran the ball much last year. I don't think that we will lose anything here. I don't know if you have been following NFLE but our 3rd/4th HB lead the league in all purpose and rushing yards. I watched him play last week and he really looked good. He should be fine to get a couple carries a game. Our grind it our HB this year is FB/HB Thomas Tapeh, our 5th round pick. I don't know how good he will do this year but he looks good on film.

McNabb is not overrated, and may be inaccurate but he still brought us to 3 straight NFC Division Championships and 4 straight play off seasons.

Philadelphia will dominate this division again. Our offense did well against you when McNabb was healthy. 19-35 248 yards and 3 TD. Also Buckhalter had 115 yards on 13 attempts. That is a 8.8 ypa.

I just don't seeing you catching up this year, if we (meaning McNabb) are healthy. Just look at the games where he was healthy and the games he wasn't, now imagine that for a season (64% completion rate, 5 int in 10 games and a 97.2 QB rating). If he can play like that for a season, then yes we will dominate the division again.

Very BIG if. You keep forgetting the Owens factor. McNabb's overall rating will go down with Owens.

Philly has been throwing to their backs and TEs a lot, that keeps comp% up and INTs down. Even throwing short a lot McNabb still has a sub par comp %.

With Owens demanding the ball, McNabb will be forced to throw the ball outside and deeper than normal. The results with McNabb's accuracy problems a lower comp% and more INTs.

My prediction for McNabb:

54%, 7.01 YPA, 19 TDs and 14 INTs.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
I guess you don't grasp the meaning of PRIVATE. Maybe I should rephrase that, you being a fan of brotherly love and all, that sounds too much like grasping privates.

I do not know how I missed this earlier.

I guess maybe because most of this thread has been boring :D

However He will no longer worry about posting what was PMed to him from a mod.

He just doesn't get it and I will not put up with trolls for very long....and that goes double for eagle trolls.

He has been banned.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
nananana nananana hey, hey, hey...goodbye....

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Very BIG if. You keep forgetting the Owens factor. McNabb's overall rating will go down with Owens.

Philly has been throwing to their backs and TEs a lot, that keeps comp% up and INTs down. Even throwing short a lot McNabb still has a sub par comp %.

With Owens demanding the ball, McNabb will be forced to throw the ball outside and deeper than normal. The results with McNabb's accuracy problems a lower comp% and more INTs.

My prediction for McNabb:

54%, 7.01 YPA, 19 TDs and 14 INTs.
Personally I think that it will be the exact opposite. I think that because of having a good reciever, McNabb's ratings will go up. Owens is a west coast offense type of reciever, he doesn't go long too often (Pinkston had more long catches than him last year), Pinkston does. I don't know if you have watched every Eagle game last season from Week 7+, but Thrash and Pinkston couldn't get open, causing McNabb to throw it in the dirt more than he would if he had decent reciever. Actually, almost all of McNabb's "dirt balls" were before he got his cast off his thumb or when he was obviously throwing it away.

McNabb's five primary recievers last year were Thrash (49), Westbrook (37), Staley (36), Pinkston (36), Mitchell (35), and our TEs had a combined 50 catches (Smith (27) and Lewis (23)).

He did spread the ball around a lot, it wasn't like he kept on throwing to his HBs, they were just his two best recievers, so those high lights were the ones you saw on SC.

Last year McNabb only had 11 interceptions, 6 in the first 6 games and 5 in the last 11. I can remember all five of those interceptions:

1 ball that he threw away, bouched off of his own player's foot (Smith) and into Aaron Beasley's hands.

1 was a ball that hit Ritchie in the hands, bounced off of Ritchie's hands, and landed in Mike Rucker's hands.

The other three were his fault. 1 by Zach Thomas (great catch) and 2 by Tony Parrish.

McNabb has stated repeatedly that he wouldn't force the ball to TO, and I believe him because he very rarely forces balls to anyone.

My Prediction for McNabb
64% 26 TDs and 11 interceptions.

Armageden Eagle

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I know, this sounds like I'm trolling for a fight, in some ways I am (Trickblue, that Eagle's troll picture probably will come up). If you don't want to post on it you don't have too. I am just getting so annoyed with all these people saying that he isn't that good.

Best record in the league the last 4 years.

Look at these all time stats:
4th in TD-Interception Ratio (1.87)
3rd in Interception Percentage (2.31)

Now the last 10 games of last year:
184-288 (63.9%) for 2362 14 TD, 5 Int. 97.2 QB rating.

Best QB rating over that period of time in the NFL.

In 2002 he was on pace to beat Mike Vick in rushing yards by a QB until he got hurt.

107 yards rushing vs. Green Bay in the playoffs (record).

Please only well thought out posts. No smack talk.

I can honestly say that I don't think you are trolling in the least bit. You are merely quoting facts about DM that are true and accurate. I applaud you!

Keeping it real is what Eagles fans do best (no smack talk intended)!

Good post!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got your back

Hip

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
His struggles were do to injury, just like Farve's. You don't write off Farve as one of the best QBs ever because of an injury do you?

Please rethink your comment.
You are comparing McNob to Farve!

Hip

Reaction score
Okay so the thing that burns me is that people seem to believe that seeing a talented WR in some seasons makes them a great WR.
I understand that to become a great WR that you need that talent but there is so much more to being a legendary talent.
Owens, with no argument from me is a great talent but what about his contribution to the Niners of late.
Get me the damn ball is not productive.
Tell me what you think?

JR HELFRICK

Reaction score
Armageden Eagle said:
I can honestly say that I don't think you are trolling in the least bit. You are merely quoting facts about DM that are true and accurate. I applaud you!

Keeping it real is what Eagles fans do best (no smack talk intended)!

Good post!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got your back

No, your laying across his back.

JR HELFRICK

Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Hel (may I call you Hel?),

Your sage advice will not go unobserved :cool: ?

Just kidding Eagle... I know nothing about you or your friend, I just know you are Eagles Fans and thats not enough for me to hate on you...PEACE...
Oh Yea, you can call me Hel.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is McNabb in the top five of any good statistical QB categories?

(by good I mean not the INT, fumbles or sacks...whether it be his fault or others).

I ask this I really do not know and do not have the time right now to look it up as I am busy at work and just checking in.

I think he has been a decent QB...I do not think he is as good as some want to hype him up to be...yet I think he is far better then some would make out to be.

Reaction score
Here's *** I'm talking about (in case you're asking)! Throughout this post, I've been seeing pass ratio and percentages, comments like "he's got a strongs arm," the "lhe can throw the long pass," etc. But none of that will gage/define a complete quarterrback. With the exception of maybe one or two of you -- you're all describing the top passers in the NFL!

Someone, probably a Dallas fan (because this post is predominantly Cowboy),
gave the following top-5 list -- my picks underneath in bold letters...

1). Manning - No major problem, however he should be #2 (great year)
1) Brady - should be #1 (he did win the AFC/S-Bowl Championship)

2). Brady - should be #1 in my book
2). Manning in his prime -- I'll expect a repeat performance

3). Favre - No! Great QB back in the day, getting old, will retire soon!
3). McNabb - McNabb is still a young QB! He hasn't reach his potential

4). McNair - He's good! But scramble ability is limited. You know I'm right!
4). Culpepper - A strong arm and a great receiver is a great combo!

5). Pennington
5). I'll Let you pick this one (wouldn't rule out the two Dallas QBs) :rolleyes:

Here's my point ...McNabb is a young QB. His name is mentioned along with top-five QBs in the NFL (IMHO). Everyone of you may not like McNabb because he's an Eagle, but you cannot deny that ...

He is physical; because he can block, and not afraid to stay in the pocket to wait on a receiver to get in the open (you can't buy that kind of patience).

He's smart - he can read a defense, and he Knows his way around the clock (timeouts, 2-minute drill etc), and he will call an audible in a heart beat; that's why we're so good on the road.

He's getting stronger each year; along with his experience. Last, but not the least, he's a multiple threat with his scrambling, blocking, running, and pAssing abilities -- oh, and he's dayam fast!

So when you make your rebuttals, and I know you shall, keep this in mind -- A QB is not just a passer, he's much more -- that spells McNabb! No diggity -- No doubt, he's in the top 5! :cool:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just asked a question about stats.

It is a team game most of the time...so sometimes individual stats may be telling for an individual.

Now this is not always the case as it may depend on the system...the surrounding players...and there are always other intangibles that can not be measured in stats.

Of course you could have always used one of the stats like he is the starting QB for a team that has an excellent win/loss record over the last few years...that would surely put him in the top five of QBs.

However to me I will still say that he is better then many give him credit for...and also not as good as others give him credit for being.

I think he is a heck of a leader...however I do think he has issues with accuracy and field vision.
Sure he has been surrounded by terrible WRs and a limited game plan...but there have been times I have seen his WRs running down the field and wide open...yet he does not see them or does not deliver the ball dead on.

Now that is not something that I see on an average basis...I would problably say it was just the opposite...however I have seen it.

I do not know if I would put him top 5....but if not he would be damn close IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.