CZ POLL Do you want Romo to start the next game or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start the next game or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
When we don't win the SB this year, it is going to be one LONG off season around here.

people asking for Dak's benching is not the same is asking for his immediate removal of the team...i get it you love the guy more than you love your own family but Dak's job security is still safe for the foreseeable future, he's just hit the rookie wall. Can't let it kill the season when the Cowboys have a back-up like Romo.

ragman

Reaction score
I'm not for starting Romo vs Tampa, but everyone (and I mean 100% everyone) is saying he looks as sharp as has in years.

And when he runs the scout team they go at full speed a few series. Still not allowed to crunch him though.
He also looks physically very fit.

But he's the backup at this point. He's helping Dak all that he can and will be there if needed.

But, what else are they supposed to say? That he looks awful?

Air Force One

Reaction score
people asking for Dak's benching is not the same is asking for his immediate removal of the team...i get it you love the guy more than you love your own family but Dak's job security is still safe for the foreseeable future, he's just hit the rookie wall.
Actually SDCowboy has been a huge Romo supporter for years here.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I think some on here are. Romo stans put him before the team.

I think the polls got silly post-Pittsburgh game. Before that I guess it was debatable. Now? After the first loss in 3 months? Asinine...
The issue here is Dak has been too good, too quick, and this team wracked up way too many wins with said rookie QB, leading to expectations from some that no rookie QB in history could live up to.

I know it's been ages since the last time this team started a rookie QB, but it's like some have forgotten it takes years for QB's to develop. Enjoy Dak already being this good and don't have a mental meltdown when he has some off games.

DFWJC

Reaction score
But, what else are they supposed to say? That he looks awful?
There a dozens of other things they can say or just not say anything at all.
These are unprovoked comments and many of these people have zero reason to pump up Romo--especially the field reporters. Some of those guys actually hold grudges against him over the years for not granting them full access anytime they want.
But otherwise, players, after not being asked are just raving. The defense has been humbled so badly, what else can they say except that they are glad they don't face him on Sundays. He's shredding them.

I'm saying all of this and I'm one that said to "no" to starting Romo vs Tampa.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I am a huge Romo supporter and I voted for Dak Prescott.

It's amazing how many people let one bad game erase all memories of 11 good and often great games by Prescott. I hope Dak lights up the Buccaneers next week just to see the reaction (no offense to anybody intended).

manster4ever

Reaction score
I wonder if Raiders fans wanted Carr benched after thursday...

Has NOTHING to do with our situation man. Seriously...does Oakland have a 36 year old QB on the bench that has the ability and experience of Romo? No they don't...worthless analogy on your part.

manster4ever

Reaction score
I am a huge Romo supporter and I voted for Dak Prescott.

It's amazing how many people let one bad game erase all memories of 11 good and often great games by Prescott. I hope Dak lights up the Buccaneers next week just to see the reaction (no offense to anybody intended).

I'm hoping it happens not for your reasoning but for the sake of the team and franchise. Gonna be a tough test though. Tampa is every bit as capable as the Giants and Philly are of giving Dak major problems. Their D.Ends are better than the Giants.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'm hoping it happens not for your reasoning but for the sake of the team and franchise. Gonna be a tough test though. Tampa is every bit as capable as the Giants and Philly are of giving Dak major problems. Their D.Ends are better than the Giants.

I'm also hoping it happens for the same reasons you are. I think Dak learns from this game and it'll show up next Sunday night.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
John Elway, Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman can throw the football. They probably still possess deadly accuracy. But none of them are foolish enough to think they can get behind center, take a hit and continue to throw said football. ;)

Right. Thats why last season everyone showed how peyton lost all power to throw the football and he had no zip and his passes would flutter and wobble.

All because he cant take a hit.

Ironically, peyton could probably still take a hit, but he just couldnt throw a football at a competitive level any longer.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I agree with the premise of this point but the rub is that he had the 2 bad games back to back. If he had a bad game in October and then a bad game yesterday it would be picky to only pay attention to the 2 bad games. But the last two weeks the offense hasn't looked the same as it did the first 10 weeks. So the concern is if this is a pattern or not. Next week's game will be telling.
so 10 games,isnt a pattern but 2 is?

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Only 2 ways I want to see Romo take the field for the Cowboys this year:

1. Dak gets injured
2. A horrible start to a game that is so bad, there's no choice. Like say behind 28-3 at the half vs the Lions or something like that.

We led for almost 3 full quarters of last night's game. You don't switch your starter in a game you only trail by 3 in the 4th.

It would take a complete and absolute offensive meltdown in the passing game for it to happen. We're not there yet. Dak has to be given time to show he can overcome these growing pains as a starter.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Even if we make it to a SB and lose, it will be Romo would have won it. For the rest of Dak's career, we will hear that. It's all on Dak, not the team. He HAS to win a SB by himself. 'Cause Romo has done it before (so I'm guessing)

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Yeah they keyed on Elliott immediately, destroying any chance of the play (whether run or pass) would be successful. I could be completely wrong but I doubt Linehan believed Elliott could convert a 3rd-and11 on a toss sweep. It also seemed to me for a split second that Elliott slowed while running parallel to the line of scrimmage and was about to square up--I think to set his feet to pass. I may have imagined the whole thing. It's something I'll check on later today.

Other than him making a pass, nothing else can explain that call on 3rd down and 11

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Dak is the best option for the Cowboys.

this is just stupid, guys.

Romo likely doesn't even survive last night's game.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Right. Thats why last season everyone showed how peyton lost all power to throw the football and he had no zip and his passes would flutter and wobble.

All because he cant take a hit.

Ironically, peyton could probably still take a hit, but he just couldnt throw a football at a competitive level any longer.

So what about Troy Aikman and John Elway? I also heard Jeff George still has a gun on him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.