CZ POLL Do you want Romo to start the next game or stick with Dak? **ended**

Do you want Romo to start the next game or stick with Dak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
who are we meeting in the playoffs; club's mostly in the latter, or the former? Hint; the quality of play is only going to rise as we advance into the post-season. Im sure the Golden State Warriors care mightily about their regular season win streak and records..
You are such a non sequitur, bloke. GS Warriors ....
I take it you want a creaky, rusty old man (Romo) for the playoffs. Sigh. His playoffs record being so sterling and all.
If nothing else I want the young man Dak to have his playoff successes and playoffs experience.
Why go with a rusty QB who won't be here next year, anyway?

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
So what about Troy Aikman and John Elway? I also heard Jeff George still has a gun on him. :)

There is more to it than being able to throw the ball far. Tons of physicality involved.

Aikman actually said he considered going to play for another team after leaving dallas. Explicitly saying people thought it was about how he couldnt take a hit anymore and had gotten concussion prone. he said that had nothing to do with his decision.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Do i want Romo to start....Yes and I think its his team and he should be.

Do I understand he never will so its pointless in talking about....yes. the decision was made and its over. I have faith dak is going to get through this rough patch and play really well at home setting up the playoffs.

aria

Reaction score
Romoverated! Tony had how many years to get this team to the playoffs and he blew it every time. Dak has 2 bad games and everyone wants to throw him under the bus. How many times has Dak scrambled for a first down, under pressure, when Tony would be lying crippled on the field? The fact that this is even being discussed is ridiculous, it's time to trade Tony and move on.

Deep_South

Reaction score
For purposes of comparison, I would like to see a poll posing the question, "Who is our best quarterback, Dak or Tony?"

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Going back to Romo would be like a dog returning to its vomit.

Are your serious?

Romo is a very fine QB. The only reason I'm staying with Dak is because the team has gone 11-2 with him under center. But let's be realistic here. If Dak continues to be perplexed by the constant blitzes he has faced of late - I will also be calling for the Return of Romo.

Romo has the mindset of a Jedi-Ninja in the passing game- Einstein in the backfield. The whole deal with him is concern about his physical ability to withstand the punishment and his sunsetting prospects careerwise.

Romo is dog vomit? I wish you could guess how many fingers I'm holding up - or which one.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Again,

Here's how I see it I start Dak against the Bucs and if he struggles again and Dallas loses you make the call to go with Romo. This isn't about Dak or his future as he will be good. He has hit the rookie wall and there is a chance he won't at over it before it's too late.

I know most of the people on this board hate Romo and that's fine, but this is about the team and watching their hard work fizzle away with poor QB play. If he hasn't looked bad the last 3 games this isn't even a conversation. But under 200 a game and the terrible 3rd conversion rate you have to consider it.

Yes Romo hasn't played but he had almost all of camp and has been practicing with a chip on his shoulder that is a dangerous thought. You'll are looking at this all wrong.

This is about a Champsionship! And Dak as great as he's been will not get the boys there this year. I don't want to see it slip away. But what do I know? I'm just a fan on a message board trying to talk some common sense. Just like when Dallas said they would go with the hot hand. Well the hands cold and if it gets frozen Sunday you can go to the #3 all time passer in NFL history. What a great perdicament to be in. If you didn't have that guy behind you, you'd have no choice but to stick with the rookie

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Are your serious?

Romo is a very fine QB. The only reason I'm staying with Dak is because the team has gone 11-2 with him under center. But let's be realistic here. If Dak continues to be perplexed by the constant blitzes he has faced of late - I will also be calling for the Return of Romo.

Romo has the mindset of a Jedi-Ninja in the passing game- Einstein in the backfield. The whole deal with him is concern about his physical ability to withstand the punishment and his sunsetting prospects careerwise.

Romo is dog vomit? I wish you could guess how many fingers I'm holding up - or which one.

Wow I can never take anyone serious that calls Romo Dog vomit... unreal... didn't know the guy who goes down as the #3 rated passer in NFL history is dog vomit... unreal

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
If we don't win HFA, then we are going to have a really tough time getting through the playoffs - Dak doesn't look like somebody who could win on the road against any cold weather team in January at this point.

We need to win next week, period. If Dak isn't getting it done, give Tony a chance, it's not just about the loss yesterday.....the passing game has been the weak link for the past 3 weeks & Dak appears to be understandably shaken.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Watkins-Cowboys-Reaction_Dallas-Fort-Worth-405972006.html

Somebody gets it

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Hypothetical: HFA is clinched before Eagles game. Would you like to see Romo get game snaps just in case he is called into action during playoffs? Or give Dak last game?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Give Dak one more start. If he plays bad against Tampa, start Romo 2nd half. I'm not saying Dak can't be an eventual starter, but all I want is home field advantage, by ANY means necessary. If that means putting Romo in there, so be it.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I voted for Romo in every poll except the last one, and now this one.

Once I saw that Dak clearly had command of this team, I made the switch. Now I'm going to stick with him. To bench Dak because of a loss is just crazy talk. There's a strong chance that Tony won't even be on the team next year so you have to let Dak suffer through his growing pains. Anything less would be detrimental to the team and to his maturity as the leader of our football team.

I do admit that I would like to see how Romo performs in a game if we lock up the bye and home field advantage though.

I approve of this post!

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Again,

Here's how I see it I start Dak against the Bucs and if he struggles again and Dallas loses you make the call to go with Romo. This isn't about Dak or his future as he will be good. He has hit the rookie wall and there is a chance he won't at over it before it's too late.

I know most of the people on this board hate Romo and that's fine, but this is about the team and watching their hard work fizzle away with poor QB play. If he hasn't looked bad the last 3 games this isn't even a conversation. But under 200 a game and the terrible 3rd conversion rate you have to consider it.

Yes Romo hasn't played but he had almost all of camp and has been practicing with a chip on his shoulder that is a dangerous thought. You'll are looking at this all wrong.

This is about a Champsionship! And Dak as great as he's been will not get the boys there this year. I don't want to see it slip away. But what do I know? I'm just a fan on a message board trying to talk some common sense. Just like when Dallas said they would go with the hot hand. Well the hands cold and if it gets frozen Sunday you can go to the #3 all time passer in NFL history. What a great perdicament to be in. If you didn't have that guy behind you, you'd have no choice but to stick with the rookie

100% right. This isn't about Romo vs Dak. I want a Super Bowl, by any means necessary. We simply can't waste rare spectacular defensive performances like yesterday. That was a Giants team that was begging to get blown out early.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Hypothetical: HFA is clinched before Eagles game. Would you like to see Romo get game snaps just in case he is called into action during playoffs? Or give Dak last game?

Not sure, but I might go to that game.

PBCCowboy

Reaction score
Dak is the future,but Romo is the now.
No one expected Dak to win 11 games in a row,but he is beginning to show some bad flaws in his game,mainly mechanics(see his feet) and his sudden inability to see the whole field.
I am confident those flaws can be corrected,after all he is just a rookie.
But they have a seasoned veteran in Romo who knows the playbook in an out.
I am 100% positive Romo sees things on the field that Dak cannot yet see and process like Rom can.
Dak will have the reins,but if his struggles continue past the first half of the Tampa Bay game,you have to make the call.
Romo has done a lot for this team.Let him get one last shot.

Myboys

Reaction score
If Romo starts at all this season, it will probably mess up Dak mentally and he probably won't ever be the same player than he was during the win streak.

I do think that if Dak does struggle at all during the regular season, Romo should only come in for relief.

The only games I saw Dak struggle through most of the game were divisional foes and Minnesota. Romo would have probably struggled against those teams also.
I don't think Dak can possibly be that mentally weak. He started and was benched then started again at MSU.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Ok now we're finding some common ground. I can't get jiggy with anybody who says Romo should start the TB game (my original post was targeting those panicky folks).

IF he struggles mightily against Tampa then I could possibly understand Romo starting vs the Lions. That being said, none of us are in the locker room and understand how that would affect chemistry. Garrett would have to poll some of the vets/leaders in the locker room.

I too deeply care about this franchise. That's why I'm 100% behind this kid. I hope the "put Romo back in" people realize what kinda dynamic that would open up for next year and the future. Calling for Romo now is basically calling for him to stay throughout his contract b/c I can't see how we transition back to Dak next season if we bench him now and Romo plays well.

What if Romo plays well but we still don't make it to the Super Bowl? What happens next year? Do you guys not see why it's so vital that Dak gets out of this funk and succeeds? Turning the page on Romo and his contract is vital for this franchise's future.

And what if we get rid of Romo in the offseason and Dak looks like the Dak of the last couple of weeks next season? The 'put Romo back in' people want the best player, at least in my case, to play. I don't care about Dak's feelings, I don't care if people think it will damage his psyche (which is ludicrous because if it does we're screwed). I want the Cowboys to play the best player at EVERY position. Notice that the coaches have never come out and said that Dak was actually playing better than Romo, or looked better in practice, or anything similar. They've said he's checked all the boxes and nonsense like that which is so vague as to be meaningless, and they've said that they wanted to continue with things because the team was winning. I personally don't want to lose this chance to win a Superbowl just to work through Dak's growing pains with the notion that we're a year away anyway and all that. Nobody knows when you're a year away, and nobody knows what will happen this year. If you get a shot you take it, and you do it with your best players.

I want Romo in there because I believe he's better than Dak. Next year I want them to compete for the job and the better player to start. I don't want to get rid of Romo and hand the keys to Dak if Dak couldn't beat him out. They refused to let Romo compete for the job when he got healthy. I believe it's because they didn't want to make a change and they knew that if Romo competed for the job he'd win it. So they refused his request to compete, and he had his press conference like a good soldier and accepted it. If you need to protect your starter from competition because he'll lose, he shouldn't be your starter. And next season whichever of them loses the competition should be the backup, that's how it's supposed to work. It's why I had to laugh when Romo said football is a meritocracy. It's supposed to be one, but the fact that he had that press conference at all proved that it isn't. At least not on the Cowboys right now.

Go to any other team in the league and ask why the backup isn't starting and you'll get the same answer, because he isn't as good as the starter. Go to our coaches and ask the same question and I'd be stunned if you got that answer. If Dak is better all they have to do is say so, and it would have been easy to do during weeks of speculation as Romo started practicing again, but they never have. I'd wonder why, but I know the answer.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Even if we make it to a SB and lose, it will be Romo would have won it. For the rest of Dak's career, we will hear that. It's all on Dak, not the team. He HAS to win a SB by himself. 'Cause Romo has done it before (so I'm guessing)
The reverse holds true as well. If Romo starts playing again he better win the Super Bowl because if not we will forever hear about how Dak would have done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.