CZ POLL Do you want the Cowboys to sign Earl Thomas?

Do you want the Cowboys to sign Earl Thomas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I disagree. I think ET at the level he played last year puts us in position to be able to get a bye. I thought we were in position to win the division once they added Everson Griffen. Now we're hearing Trysten Hill might actually be able to contribute this season. I think an upgrade at safety would give us as much a shot as anyone in the NFC. As for the locker room concerns I feel like he would be on his best behavior in Dallas since this is were he wanted to play. He just went to the Ravens for the money. I'm all for bringing him in as long as there is little guaranteed money. If he acts up, cut him. Pats basically did the same thing with Antonio Brown. They brought him in and he was there like a week. That didn't destroy the Pats.
Yeah, you can structure the contract with roster bonuses per games played similar to Griffen. If he does have some kind of issue he's dealing with mental or abuse wise they could also make him see their counselor. Vikings did that with Griffen and he ended up taking off some time in a rehab for alcohol abuse which may be ETs issue.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Wait, wait, wait...so now asking who we have that is better than ET is a ludicrous question? So, that means you can't answer it? Again, literally nobody here has said ET is the same player he was 5 years ago, but that he is still better than anyone we have. You can say he's crazy and therefore can't play, but he literally just did play and went to another Pro Bowl. Yeah, he might be a jerk, but if he can hold it together for 16 games and help us in a SB or bust season on a TF deal. You do it.

There are fights in training camp every year on just about every team and when a former Pro Bowl player punches a team mate they don't first try to trade him with no takers and then cut him if he as still playing like a Pro Bowler or hasn't turned into a nut case. Since being cut the ravens said that even last year he showed up for meetings late or just blew them off entirely and was warned about that. Again this year he came into the very first meeting in training camp about 5 minutes before it ended. It finally came to a head when he sucker punched the other starting safety who is loved by his team mates. The Cowboys don't need a head case like that who would destroy the locker room as soon as he steps foot in it.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
There are fights in training camp every year on just about every team and when a former Pro Bowl player punches a team mate they don't first try to trade him with no takers and then cut him if he as still playing like a Pro Bowler or hasn't turned into a nut case. Since being cut the ravens said that even last year he showed up for meetings late or just blew them off entirely and was warned about that. Again this year he came into the very first meeting in training camp about 5 minutes before it ended. It finally came to a head when he sucker punched the other starting safety who is loved by his team mates. The Cowboys don't need a head case like that who would destroy the locker room as soon as he steps foot in it.

Well, how much will a change of scenery help? How bad does he want to "come home"? Maybe he just hated Baltimore. I can't say I blame him if he did. Again, if he can hold it together for a year, do it. Just make sure you're out a minimal amount if he walks in and slugs MM in the gut.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Well, how much will a change of scenery help? How bad does he want to "come home"? Maybe he just hated Baltimore. I can't say I blame him if he did. Again, if he can hold it together for a year, do it. Just make sure you're out a minimal amount if he walks in and slugs MM in the gut.

So as long as you like a player the Cowboys should disregard not only his sucker punching a team mate but his late for or not showing up for meetings last year and the first team meeting in camp this year. I've said it before if he was playing anywhere close to his former Pro Bowl years the ravens wouldn't have just cut him. And he throws temper tantrums like a spoiled little kid and you want that on your team. I thank god you have nothing to do with the Cowboys.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
So as long as you like a player the Cowboys should disregard not only his sucker punching a team mate but his late for or not showing up for meetings last year and the first team meeting in camp this year. I've said it before if he was playing anywhere close to his former Pro Bowl years the ravens wouldn't have just cut him. And he throws temper tantrums like a spoiled little kid and you want that on your team. I thank god you have nothing to do with the Cowboys.

If he was a crazy as you think he is, then yes, they WOULD have just cut him if he was playing close to his Pro Bowl years. If we had the best team locker room last season and couldn't make the playoffs in the worst division in the NFL, then you better believe I'll roll the dice on ET. Thank God YOU have nothing to do with this team.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If he was a crazy as you think he is, then yes, they WOULD have just cut him if he was playing close to his Pro Bowl years. If we had the best team locker room last season and couldn't make the playoffs in the worst division in the NFL, then you better believe I'll roll the dice on ET. Thank God YOU have nothing to do with this team.

Well I guess the Cowboys agree with me thus far because he's not here. With your attitude why don't the Cowboys just go out and sign every trouble maker and just fly with that.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Well I guess the Cowboys agree with me thus far because he's not here. With your attitude why don't the Cowboys just go out and sign every trouble maker and just fly with that.

Yes, and I read reports they discussed it with you before making a decision! Oh, and we don't need "every trouble maker"; just one who addresses a position of need and we're set.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yes, and I read reports they discussed it with you before making a decision! Oh, and we don't need "every trouble maker"; just one who addresses a position of need and we're set.

Gee where was I during those discussions. News to me. Nice to see that you put Thomas in that trouble maker group.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I voted yes simply because he is better than what we currently have on the roster at safety...........so its a talent issue for me.

With that being said, the dude is going full Antonio Brown here getting himself kicked off teams. So I admit, there are some serious red flags here so I totally understand the team taking a pass on him.
I could write a long post, but I’ll just say “see quote above” instead. That pretty much covers it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez Bryant. And for that matter .Michael Irvin. I rest my case.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I disagree. I think ET at the level he played last year puts us in position to be able to get a bye. I thought we were in position to win the division once they added Everson Griffen. Now we're hearing Trysten Hill might actually be able to contribute this season. I think an upgrade at safety would give us as much a shot as anyone in the NFC. As for the locker room concerns I feel like he would be on his best behavior in Dallas since this is were he wanted to play. He just went to the Ravens for the money. I'm all for bringing him in as long as there is little guaranteed money. If he acts up, cut him. Pats basically did the same thing with Antonio Brown. They brought him in and he was there like a week. That didn't destroy the Pats.

I disagree with your disagreement but then we're both allowed to do that, aren't we? It really doesn't mean either of us are right or wrong, it actually means we just have different opinions. I can readily live with that if you can. Things could go wrong for you just as easily as they might for me.

I've stated my case and I believe it's every bit as valid as yours, maybe more-so. I think the Cowboys are going to agree with one of us and do whatever they think is right. Either way, the one that differs with their decision will have to live with it. It's far from being a slam dunk proposition, either way.

Last edited:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Everyone is sitting here arguing, yet if he was such a game changer why is he still unsigned? Even Antonio brown didn't go this long unsigned after he got let go by the raiders.

If Thomas is the kind of player yall make him out to be he would be signed right now. Unless you are trying to say that every other team has all pros at safety except for us

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Everyone is sitting here arguing, yet if he was such a game changer why is he still unsigned? Even Antonio brown didn't go this long unsigned after he got let go by the raiders.

If Thomas is the kind of player yall make him out to be he would be signed right now. Unless you are trying to say that every other team has all pros at safety except for us
OK Mickey

tenor.gif

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Neither yes or no. Idk how much help he’ll provide or what kind of player he is at this point of his career. I guess we find out.

If he is here then I expect him to, be that safety we have been needing, lead by example, and execute with experience. If not then, whatever. Maybe it’s too much of a risk.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score

I heard he already got other offers but he's waiting for the Cowboys to decide because they are his first choice.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Family? Quite dramatic don't you think? And what has Dak done? Jumping in a collection box is far from the worst thing that Zeke has done.

Punching a team mate, although troubling, would not be enough to deter me from signing one of the best safeties of all time at the biggest area of need for us. And considering we already lost a huge piece in McCoy, I definitely take the risk.

I like how I asked about on the field stuff or locker room things that Zeke has done and you respond with that he has done plenty of things worse than jumping into the collection box. And yes, team mates, the team, the fans, can be a sort of family, where people care about the players. Michael Irving is an example of a player we all love around these parts that was horrible off the field, but for the most part wasn't a problem on the field in the locker room. That is a contrast to TO, who many of are fond of too, but he had problems booth off the field and was a locker room cancer. Zeke, Dak, as far as I know aren't known to be locker room cancers. As for you pointing out that Zeke having off the field problems, and me pointing out that Dak has done some foolish things too, well lets not forget that him being irresponsible in the type of dog he got, that being one he couldn't handle and bother to watch properly, resulted in a lady losing her finger. https://www.clarionledger.com/story...ites-finger-dangerous-dog-hearing/3129033002/ . Or what about when Dak and his BFF went to a party during the pandemic, being self centered, and not worried about endangering others. https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/04/13/social-distancin-dak-prescott-zeke-elliott-party-coronavirus/ ... And then what about the time Dak and Zeke partied with Snoop Dog. Was something they yakked up on ES, and at the time I thought it was foolish of him. Employees are often considered Ambassadors of the company, and well I like all three :) but I most certainly don't want my quarterback associated or anywhere near -- hanging around -- a known pothead ;) So yeah, Dak has not always done the best of choices either.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I like how I asked about on the field stuff or locker room things that Zeke has done and you respond with that he has done plenty of things worse than jumping into the collection box. And yes, team mates, the team, the fans, can be a sort of family, where people care about the players. Michael Irving is an example of a player we all love around these parts that was horrible off the field, but for the most part wasn't a problem on the field in the locker room. That is a contrast to TO, who many of are fond of too, but he had problems booth off the field and was a locker room cancer. Zeke, Dak, as far as I know aren't known to be locker room cancers. As for you pointing out that Zeke having off the field problems, and me pointing out that Dak has done some foolish things too, well lets not forget that him being irresponsible in the type of dog he got, that being one he couldn't handle and bother to watch properly, resulted in a lady losing her finger. https://www.clarionledger.com/story...ites-finger-dangerous-dog-hearing/3129033002/ . Or what about when Dak and his BFF went to a party during the pandemic, being self centered, and not worried about endangering others. https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/04/13/social-distancin-dak-prescott-zeke-elliott-party-coronavirus/ ... And then what about the time Dak and Zeke partied with Snoop Dog. Was something they yakked up on ES, and at the time I thought it was foolish of him. Employees are often considered Ambassadors of the company, and well I like all three :) but I most certainly don't want my quarterback associated or anywhere near -- hanging around -- a known pothead ;) So yeah, Dak has not always done the best of choices either.

You asked about on field stuff because you know that his off the field stuff are many. My point was not about his on the field stuff. I guess you felt changing the subject would help your cause.

Zeke was at that party. LOL

You really are reaching now. Almost trying to make stuff up with Dak.

Now you are trying to change the subject to "choices".

It was a nice try though.

Status
Not open for further replies.