Does anyone really think Dak would veto trade at this point?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Problem is, at this point Cowboys have a better shot at reaching the SB without him.

It's not me saying, playoffs record paint a clear picture to the matter.
How? not saying based on Dak himself, im really asking after the last 28 years (that Dak has only been here for 8) how does this math equal better chance..to me it looks like 0 and 0 going off the last 28 years..am i missing something?

jgboys1

Reaction score
He’d be better off leaving Dallas.

And so would the overall fan base.

The pressure is only ramping up on him to perform in big games and he’s proven he’s not up to task.

It’s time.
I am not a Dak fan but I am starting to feel bad for the guy. I know for that type of money I would take the abuse too but if I were him, I would ask for a fresh start somewhere else.
It would do him, the Cowboys and fans good if Dak moved on.
It would be interesting to see how he does on another team too.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys is special. If Derek Jeter played on any team besides the Yankees he'd be just another shortstop.

shabazz

Reaction score
I am not a Dak fan but I am starting to feel bad for the guy. I know for that type of money I would take the abuse too but if I were him, I would ask for a fresh start somewhere else.
It would do him, the Cowboys and fans good if Dak moved on.
It would be interesting to see how he does on another team too.
Good post. I felt the same way about Romo and the same treatment he received here, ( some deserved, some not).

Perhaps a change of scenery is best for both......it's been almost a decade so far

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
He would veto a trade. A trade does the Cowboys favors...and why do them any favors if they are rejecting him? Don't even give this a 2nd thought...

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If Dallas agreed to eat a portion of his salary, whats the return look like? 3rd round pick in return?
He’s only going to be paid $29 million between now the end of the season. Why would the Cowboys have to eat any of that compensation? Baker Mayfield and Kirk Cousins just got more for the 2024 season. How bad do you believe Dak Prescott is? He’s 12 months away from being a free agent. Virtually every team in the NFL has solidified their plan at QB for the 2024 season, be it recent acquisition or the draft. No way France misses the opportunity for his client to become a free agent and the Cowboys having to bid against numerous other teams for his services in 2025. What do you think the point of negotiating a no trade clause is? It is precisely so you can get your client to free agency without his current team being able to do anything about it. If the Cowboys want to keep Dak Prescott they are currently the only team that can negotiate with him. If they want to keep him, sign him. If they’re undecided, don’t sign him. Fairly simple. Too many Cowboys fans are more simple.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Which team at this point would want to give out a huge deal and a 5th round pick for a starting QB?

I'd assume the Titans would want to ride or die with Levis this upcoming year.
Vegas just cut Jimmy G, not sure if they want to get into another QB contract.
Commanders are probably looking towards the draft for their next QB.

Dak probably rejects the Pats.
Cardinals probably stick with the Hobbit and draft another one

Lions won a few playoff games with Goff, don't see the point.
Minnesota has Darnold, Dak should be able to beat him out.
Raiders have Minshew and O'Connell, another possibilty
Denver needs a QB in the worst way, may not have the funds

Patriots pick 3rd, they might not like who falls to them

those are all legit possibilties.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

sure but now wiegh them against next years FA...againbecause of how the FO handled this contract, Dak (his agent actually) holds the cards ..no trade clause , fully gauranteed...record setting..yeah i mean what the F was Dak thinking..how selfish of him.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

If he’s given a deal north of $55 million AAV with at least $150 million guaranteed I imagine he’d be gone in a heartbeat to any of the teams you’ve listed. But he’ll want the contract signed, first. He may be dumb, but he’s not stupid.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
If he’s given a deal north of $55 million AAV with at least $150 million guaranteed I imagine he’d be gone in a heartbeat to any of the teams you’ve listed. But he’ll want the contract signed, first. He may be dumb, but he’s not stupid.
Lots of sign and trade deals have been made.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So there's no "legitimate" reason for a player to agree. It's almost like it not legitimate for the Jones boys to ask.
You guys are going to lose it when he’s extended. I can’t wait!!

CWR

Reaction score
You guys are going to lose it when he’s extended. I can’t wait!!
I think you quoted the wrong person. I didn't mention Dak. I do think it's stupid to delay re-signing him though. If you want him back, I'm not sure how waiting until training camp is helpful.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
If the Vikings called and said they’d offer firsts at 11 & 23 2024 draft and a one first in 2025 draft, they have to convince dak to waive it. I can’t see him wanting to stay

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think you quoted the wrong person. I didn't mention Dak. I do think it's stupid to delay re-signing him though. If you want him back, I'm not sure how waiting until training camp is helpful.
It’s negotiation tactics on both sides. There’s no rush.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I fully expect him to get extended, just because Jerrah is as dumb as some of the people around here.
No because he gives them the best chance to win. It’s not rocket science. He led the team to 12 wins last year with zero running game and a defense that was a paper bag stopping the run.

leeblair

Reaction score
Would veto a trade at this point? Seriously what does he get from staying with this organization vs anyone else at this point? This is like watching a broken record with different names on the back of NPC's at this point. So besides money which he already has what else could he get from staying in Dallas.
I don't think anyone else really wants him.
Despite the endless propaganda, it's pretty clear Dak isn't the guy.
Who would want him?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
No because he gives them the best chance to win. It’s not rocket science. He led the team to 12 wins last year with zero running game and a defense that was a paper bag stopping the run.
You can tell when a quarterback is doing his part in a game such as the Greenbay game. Dak was part of the problem. I'm not saying he was the only one that played bad, but I'm not going to pretend that a lack of running game and run defense kept us from winning despite Dak's valiant effort.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If the Vikings called and said they’d offer firsts at 11 & 23 2024 draft and a one first in 2025 draft, they have to convince dak to waive it. I can’t see him wanting to stay
I can’t see him wanting to go to a team without a first round draft choice until 2026. Isn’t more likely he would not waive his no trade clause, play out his contract, become a free agent, consider all offers, and choose the one he likes the best? I’m guessing that is more likely than any team being stupid enough to trade even one 3rd round draft pick for a 30 year old quarterback whose team doesn’t want him and will have to be paid over $50 million per year and can be had without giving up any capital in 360 days. I can see him very much wanting to stay as long as he has to to become a free agent.