Does Dak have a low football IQ?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think he does. I do think he gets some kind of anxiety attack at the end of games. He looks hurried and flustered in the 2 minute offense rather than composed. He missed a couple of open guys for TDs at the end bc he locks in and gets tunnel vision.

GINeric

Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.

Yeah. Dak's football IQ is so low, that he's a 4th rounder who's outplayed every quarterback in his draft class and he's outplayed other 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders at the quarterback position.

His low football IQ has kept him in the top 10 out of 64+ quarterbacks in the NFL most of his career.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Dude just make an I dont like Dak thread, stop trying to smoke screen it...I would love for you to break down the film and tell me what desicions he should of made based on your vast knoweledge of MM's scheme and its defensive keys...
yeah, how many ways can we start the same thread

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak was the best player on the field Sunday.

He also made a rookie mistake in the biggest moment of the game.

The negative is we are a road playoff team now which means another year of not going to the Super Bowl.

But at least Dak performed in a big game and didn’t completely disappear till it was too late or just straight up cost us the game.

GINeric

Reaction score
All this justifying Dak, condemning Dak means nothing.

Did we win a critical game we should have won?

NO!

Dak, as the quarterback and the highest paid player on the team, takes the bulk of the credit when we win and the bulk of the criticism when we lose.

Don't like it? Doesn't matter.

It is what it is. It comes with the territory. Insert your own favorite cliche.

Thats a pile of BS. Dak very RARELY gets credit when we win, but takes 100% of the blame when we lose.

BHendri5

Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.
LOL, another hilarious post

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe it’s poor line play?

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
WHAT!

so a pre-snap penalty pushed us back 5 yards? whose IQ is that? then the HC, OC and OL coaches had a brain fart, having seen Steele being abused, yet insisted on leaving him on an island...why? is that on Dak? is that his IQ?

so yeah, you want to put all the blame on one person. make him the coach, the OL coach, the OC and everything else, but there is plenty of blame to go around.

with that said, why didn't we even consider running from the 6? why not focus on lack of run blocking and our inability to Run?

sorry, your post was misguided at least in the context you used.

btw, Dak is not Elite, so arguing and complaining why he is not elite is just another one of the 14,587 threads that already try to prove what's already known fact.
We know Dak isn’t elite. If he was we would have results. Results!!!!!!

Silverstar

Reaction score
Just wanted to share....

Eli Manning - 39
Matthew Stafford - 38
Tony Romo - 37
Aaron Rogers - 35
Tom Brady - 33
Quincy Carter - 30
Troy Aikman - 29
John Elway - 29
Nick Foles - 29
Kurt Warner - 29
Peyton Manning - 28
Drew Brees - 28
Russell Wilson - 28
Joe Flacco - 27
Ben Roethlisberger - 25

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Hurts wonderlic was an 18 well there goes this theory up in flames..
It was 21....not 18

Luckily for eagles fans....even though he may have average football IQ....he notoriously works non stop..... so I guess it's like having a truck driver that can never exceed 55 mph, but can drive 24 hrs straight without getting tired....vs a truck driver that can go 80, but needs to take naps for 10 hours a day.

The slower more diligent driver travels more miles every day.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Just wanted to share....

Eli Manning - 39
Matthew Stafford - 38
Tony Romo - 37
Aaron Rogers - 35
Tom Brady - 33
Quincy Carter - 30
Troy Aikman - 29
John Elway - 29
Nick Foles - 29
Kurt Warner - 29
Peyton Manning - 28
Drew Brees - 28
Russell Wilson - 28
Joe Flacco - 27
Ben Roethlisberger - 25
I'm surprised Ben Rothlesburger didn't get a 3. He always struck me as a real mouth breather.

Aftershock

Reaction score
When you add up the stupid mishaps he's made in his career, I think it's evident that while his actual QB play can be up to par most of the time, what's between his brain has much left to be desired especially in those critical key-game moments where IQ is most important.

• The 2019 Rams coin toss
  • End of 2021 49ers playoff game, couldn't spike the ball on time because he chose to run
  • Whole career: Has issues scanning the field and reading defenses quickly, takes too long in the pocket

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Who knows?

He got a Degree in Leader Management. His IQ is way up there. When you can out do one of the richest men in the world like he did? That is not dumb. Now his decisions on the field are not really smart...them stats are good...so is that bag ole money. Here we come.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who knows?

He got a Degree in Leader Management. His IQ is way up there. When you can out do one of the richest men in the world like he did? That is not dumb. Now his decisions on the field are not really smart...them stats are good...so is that bag ole money. Here we come.
If by "outdo one of the richest men in the world", you're referring to his contract, his agents did the negotiating for that, not him. There are arguments to support his intelligence, but that's not one of them, IMO.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If by "outdo one of the richest men in the world", you're referring to his contract, his agents did the negotiating for that, not him. There are arguments to support his intelligence, but that's not one of them, IMO.
Like I said, who knows if he is dumb or smart...