Does Dak have a low football IQ?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yeah. Dak's football IQ is so low, that he's a 4th rounder who's outplayed every quarterback in his draft class and he's outplayed other 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders at the quarterback position.

His low football IQ has kept him in the top 10 out of 64+ quarterbacks in the NFL most of his career.
He’s not one of the top ten in annual compensation, yet. He’ll be extended for more than Hurts is being paid as he’s certainly proving to be more capable than Hurts. Hopefully he won’t be looking for Herbert money.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
All this justifying Dak, condemning Dak means nothing.

Did we win a critical game we should have won?

NO!

Dak, as the quarterback and the highest paid player on the team, takes the bulk of the credit when we win and the bulk of the criticism when we lose.

Don't like it? Doesn't matter.

It is what it is. It comes with the territory. Insert your own favorite cliche.
Accept with Cowboys the bulk of the credit for success goes to everyone but the qb and the bulk of credit for failure is applied to the qb... perfect example... sacks are always the fault of cowboy qbs for not getting rid of the ball... not the line for giving the qb time. Delay of games are always the fault of v the qb... even when the te does not know the play.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I would rather have lost throwing a pick in the end zone than the clownish way we did lose. At least it would have been a valid attempt. We didn't get one ball in the end zone on that last series.
Yeah right, a pick? Sure. We would've NEVER heard the end of it. A pick would've been pure Hate Candy for his critics!
The pass he threw to CD open at the 3 or 4 yd line was no worse than throwing the ball into the midst of the 8 defenders in the end zone. At least CD actually had possession of the ball and had a chance to find a crease to slip into the end zone.

tm1119

Reaction score
Immediate blind side pressure has absolutely nothing to do with football IQ. Anybody with a respectable actual IQ would know that. Steele was awful all game and McCarthy didn’t adjust to that what so ever. Dak isn’t top 5 to blame for the Eagles loss or problems on the team

Tommy

Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.
Every QB in history should have thrown the ball away before they got sacked.

They all gave low IQ’s.

Proof

Reaction score
I would rather have lost throwing a pick in the end zone than the clownish way we did lose. At least it would have been a valid attempt. We didn't get one ball in the end zone on that last series.
had dak thrown an end zone interception he’d get absolutely crucified, your personal preference aside. Much like he did in Arizona in a game where we didn’t have much of a chance to win at all. The pressure came quick and he got swallowed up. That’s not an iq thing, it’s not a hero ball thing, or really even a decision. it just happened

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s not one of the top ten in annual compensation, yet. He’ll be extended for more than Hurts is being paid as he’s certainly proving to be more capable than Hurts. Hopefully he won’t be looking for Herbert money.
Dak has proven to be more capable than hurts?

Dak helped us get to a super bowl?

This is why we can;t have nice things. This kind of BS.,

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
had dak thrown an end zone interception he’d get absolutely crucified, your personal preference aside. Much like he did in Arizona in a game where we didn’t have much of a chance to win at all. The pressure came quick and he got swallowed up. That’s not an iq thing, it’s not a hero ball thing, or really even a decision. it just happened

So basically...YOU...say dak can do no wrong.

If he eats it fans are mad

If he throws an INT fans are mad.

To some extent...that might be true. SURE!

But intentionally playing both sides of it also dishonest.

"Well if someone says he eats is bad"

"well if someone says he throws an interception it's bad".

At some point YOU have to make a stand...and not worry about what others say. Assess THIS play. Is it good or bad?

Starstruck22

Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.
If not being able to see the field and open receiver then Dak is functioning in the sub 70 IQ range and is functionally ********.

plymkr

Reaction score
I don’t know if Dak has a low football IQ but I do believe McCarthy has a low football IQ. Or he’s very, very stubborn. When your RT is being abused all game long, give him some help at the end to win the game.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
I don’t know if Dak has a low football IQ but I do believe McCarthy has a low football IQ. Or he’s very, very stubborn. When your RT is being abused all game long, give him some help at the end to win the game.

If not being able to find the open receiver, which is a huge problem for Dak, is not a sign of low IQ, I dont know what is.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
well you should look into google it will keep you from looking bad when talking about stuff..its GOOGLE

The Mississippi State QB earned his bachelor’s degree in educational psychology (2014) followed by his master’s degree in workforce leadership (2015).

Basketweaving lol do you normally make such blanket statments based on no facts at all?
A starting football player in the SEC passes all his classes and remains eligible to play football, eventually resulting in a degree.

Shocking.