Does Dak have a low football IQ?

CWR

Reaction score
He’s not one of the top ten in annual compensation, yet. He’ll be extended for more than Hurts is being paid as he’s certainly proving to be more capable than Hurts. Hopefully he won’t be looking for Herbert money.

I know we all feel a team discount is justified, but he took a 4 year deal for a reason. I would be shocked if he didn't cost a fortune. Their only shot in saving money is a bad bet on Trey Lance. I say that as someone who full well supported the trade. I just realize what a gamble it would be.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.
The overall team has a low football
IQ.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dak has proven to be more capable than hurts?

Dak helped us get to a super bowl?

This is why we can;t have nice things. This kind of BS.,
Hurts didn’t get Philadelphia into the Super owl without significant help. My point is, while everyone that posts here loves to point how why Prescott is better than Hurts, and in most ways he actually is, there is a price that has to be paid for that kind of performance. Look at what Herbert is being paid. I sense Dak’s agent will be aware of that. In addition, Lawrence is about to get paid. I’ll bet Dak Prescott will be one of the NFL’s top ten paid quarterbacks at a moment when Jalen Hurts no longer is. And that’s when the genius moniker attributed to Roseman will actually be realistic.

plymkr

Reaction score
2 independent truths. Dak and McCarthy have a low football IQ. I didn’t want to bash Dak in this thread but since you called me out then let’s go for it.

Dak should know as an 8 year veteran not to take a sack with no timeouts and 27 seconds left. Intentional grounding is better than the sack. Dak is poor at reading defenses. Dak locks in on one read which makes it easier on the defense. Low football IQ right there and a lack of game awareness. Rookies do this.

McCarthy should be able to see that Steele is being abused and give him help.

Dak has choked in big games his whole career. In his 8th season he is still figuring out stuff that rookies learn in TC. If we are going to deal with rookie mistakes then let’s roll with Lance or another young QB. It sucks losing because your 8 year veteran makes rookie mistakes when the pressure is on.

Proof

Reaction score
So basically...YOU...say dak can do no wrong.

If he eats it fans are mad

If he throws an INT fans are mad.

To some extent...that might be true. SURE!

But intentionally playing both sides of it also dishonest.

"Well if someone says he eats is bad"

"well if someone says he throws an interception it's bad".

At some point YOU have to make a stand...and not worry about what others say. Assess THIS play. Is it good or bad?
where did i say dak can do no wrong? my stance is that sometimes you’re going to get sacked regardless and that an interception isn’t preferable just for the sake of the attempt. especially if it officially ends the game

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
2 independent truths. Dak and McCarthy have a low football IQ. I didn’t want to bash Dak in this thread but since you called me out then let’s go for it.

Dak should know as an 8 year veteran not to take a sack with no timeouts and 27 seconds left. Intentional grounding is better than the sack. Dak is poor at reading defenses. Dak locks in on one read which makes it easier on the defense. Low football IQ right there and a lack of game awareness. Rookies do this.

McCarthy should be able to see that Steele is being abused and give him help.

Dak has choked in big games his whole career. In his 8th season he is still figuring out stuff that rookies learn in TC. If we are going to deal with rookie mistakes then let’s roll with Lance or another young QB. It sucks losing because your 8 year veteran makes rookie mistakes when the pressure is on.
Rolling with Lance would be a great idea. He’s cheaper and he gives us similar production. Maybe less stats but he can still be a field general for us! Mistakes will happen but we already get that with Dak!!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away.
That's a lot easier to say than do in that situation. Steele whiffed. That dude was on Dak in a second, and he was still in the pocket. So if he throws it away you're looking at intentional grounding or worse - a pick - and people lose their minds on Dak, again.

Let's stop making excuses for everyone else and blaming everything on the QB. That's just a lazy take. Dak was not the problem in Philly. He kept Dallas in the game.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
That's a lot easier to say than do in that situation. Steele whiffed. That dude was on Dak in a second, and he was still in the pocket. So if he throws it away you're looking at intentional grounding or worse - a pick - and people lose their minds on Dak, again.

Let's stop making excuses for everyone else and blaming everything on the QB. That's just a lazy take. Dak was not the problem in Philly. He kept Dallas in the game.
Nobody is excusing Steele!! I just want results. Results! It’s been eight seasons and Dak is still making rookie mistakes. That is unacceptable! Give me Josh Allen. There is trouble brewing in Buffalo. With Allen and this roster we could win the Super Bowl!

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When will people learn that a good Wonderlic score means you’re better at taking a test than measuring actual intelligence? And vice versa?
Well, come on... Terry Bradshaw IS pretty damn dumb!
:cool:

Rock423

Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.
Wow. I mean wow.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I feel the Eagles players get the benefits of blind eyes from the refs more than they deserve.

Too many instances of fouls by their players go unpunished for fairness being well deserved.

Last edited:

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Dak is a single read guy that’s very easily confused , add in a lack of pocket awareness and you have 40 million dollar QB that can’t beat a bottom dweller team with a Josh Dobbs off the street at QB.