Does Dak have a low football IQ?

exciter

Reaction score
Dakota scored a 25 on the Wonderlic…….Romo scored a 37

At least Dak was able to beat out Terry Bradshaws score of 20. Terry couldn’t spell CAT even if you gave him the C and the T.

Here’s your sign.
Akili Smith scored a 37, Mahommes a 24… did you have some sort of point?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dakota scored a 25 on the Wonderlic…….Romo scored a 37

At least Dak was able to beat out Terry Bradshaws score of 20. Terry couldn’t spell CAT even if you gave him the C and the T.

Here’s your sign.
no one rushing you while taking the wonderlic!

dak has ok iq till he gets pressure and hit a few times then his brain power drops sharply
happens with many qb's,
joe montana never got rattled and stayed cool thats why he was so good

JayNovacek84

Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.
The penalty wasn't Dak's fault.
The sack wasn't Dak's fault.
So who is showing their low football IQ now?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Immediate blind side pressure has absolutely nothing to do with football IQ. Anybody with a respectable actual IQ would know that. Steele was awful all game and McCarthy didn’t adjust to that what so ever. Dak isn’t top 5 to blame for the Eagles loss or problems on the team
That's not his blindsided. Other than that, I agree.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.
Yes he has low football IQ! He throws to Tolbert with the game on the line.
https://thelandryhat.com/posts/new-...th-down-haunt-cowboys-fans-video-01hek0aa53az

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Please name some other QBs who get hit with this type of question.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Thats a pile of BS. Dak very RARELY gets credit when we win, but takes 100% of the blame when we lose.
That's not true either. When we win big, there's a portion of this fan base that gives him his due.
When we lose, there's that same portion that absolves him of blame.
Unless you're saying that portion doesn't matter or factor into the equation.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dak doesn't get bulk of the credit when we win. its everybody else that did it. when we lose he talks all of the blame.

you stand corrected.
So, you're saying that those who fawn over Dak after a 40-0 beat down don't exist? :rolleyes:
Get outta here.
This forum is equally divided between those who give Dak NO credit, and those who give him ALL the credit (I speak with hyperbole, but you get my point).
You may want to retract your last statement. ;)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
:laugh:

That is funny right there. When the Cowboys win, there is a large enough population on CowboysZone that comes up with any and every excuse they can come up with to take away or reduce any credit Dak could have in the win.

Hell, against the Rams I kept reading how it was "just the Rams defense" when in reality, the Rams D, specifically the pass D, is significantly better than the Eagles Pass D.

The only thing the Rams lack is the Eagles passrush, yet not having that, they are better than the Eagles in every other pass D metrics. Which with LESS of a passrush is pretty darn impressive.

Did Dak win the game against the Eagle? Obviously not. We lost.
Yet virtually no credit was given when Dak DOUBLED the number of Passing TDs the Rams D had given up for the year the week before.

But ya, Dak gets "the bulk of the credit when we win".
:facepalm:
And when the Cowboys win and win big, there's a large enough population who return to the threads ready to praise his efforts and mock the Dak haters after his latest triumph.
It's funny how you all conveniently forget that as if the opposite of the "Dak haters" doesn't exist.
My point stands - and fairly strongly at that. ;)

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Sam Howell put up 400 yards and 4 TDs on the Eagles so it’s no surprise that Dakota would be able to match that……we just expected him to be better than Howell and actually win a game decided by 5 points……really should be 3 points if the toe tapper knew where the sideline was.
they said Sam sucked and didn't elevate his stacked team. I kid you not. A guy on here said that. LMAO

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I never mentioned what Daks degree was? Aren’t you comprehending what I’m posting?

ah…….nothing triggers like a good Wonderlic reference:laugh:
The Mississippi State QB earned his bachelor’s degree in educational psychology (2014) followed by his master’s degree in workforce leadership (2015).

He's a real leader, wonder when he will be getting a "how not to be a choker"

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So, you're saying that those who fawn over Dak after a 40-0 beat down don't exist? :rolleyes:
Get outta here.
This forum is equally divided between those who give Dak NO credit, and those who give him ALL the credit (I speak with hyperbole, but you get my point).
You may want to retract your last statement. ;)
its both extremes, show me the anti-dak crowd that praises Dak when we win. its always, the defense was weak, the running game helped, the refs helped, and then focus on three throws that were missed and expecting perfection.

tell me they don't exist

get outta here

CCBoy

Reaction score
He didn’t lose the game but he didn’t win the game. He didn’t stay cool calm and collected on that sequence. He processed the situation slow and let the team down. Mahomes reads that situation much faster and comes up in clutch.
Not true...he buys more time because he runs a lot better.