Does Dak have a low football IQ?

CCBoy

Reaction score
If the Cowboys management did its job to fortify the OL as needed, Dak would reap far more success than he does at present.
Money...money...money. There is plenty of current talent to do the job as we talk. If a top shelf lineman was brought aboard prior to now, who you giving up instead...Lamb or Parsons.

So, one is also saying the DT brought aboard now was not needed or will succeed. That and the TE wasn't needed when taken and further doesn't significantly improve and project that positional group.

SackMaster

Reaction score
And when the Cowboys win and win big, there's a large enough population who return to the threads ready to praise his efforts and mock the Dak haters after his latest triumph.
It's funny how you all conveniently forget that as if the opposite of the "Dak haters" doesn't exist.
My point stands - and fairly strongly at that. ;)
"Dak lovers" exist.

And while there are a FEW that absolutely refuse to place any blame on Dak, even when he clearly plays poorly, to act like the numbers are the same as those that refuse to give Dak any credit, even when he clearly plays great, is hilarious, at best. And an outright lack of integrity at worse.

But I believe what "Dak Haters" would call "the opposite of the Dak haters" is the rational fans that point out when Dak does good which causes the "Dak Haters" to absolutely loose their collective ____.

Like can we NOT acknowledge when Dak plays a great game or makes a great throw without the "Dak Haters" rushing in with some illogical "but ...." to try and refute anything said positively about the Cowboys QB? (Notice I didn't say Dak there, because the same thing happened to Romo too)

If those that act like "Dak Haters" don't want to be "mocked", don't continually push ignorant takes that does not line up with reality.
:thumbup:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
"Dak lovers" exist.

And while there are a FEW that absolutely refuse to place any blame on Dak, even when he clearly plays poorly, to act like the numbers are the same as those that refuse to give Dak any credit, even when he clearly plays great, is hilarious, at best. And an outright lack of integrity at worse.

But I believe what "Dak Haters" would call "the opposite of the Dak haters" is the rational fans that point out when Dak does good which causes the "Dak Haters" to absolutely loose their collective ____.

Like can we NOT acknowledge when Dak plays a great game or makes a great throw without the "Dak Haters" rushing in with some illogical "but ...." to try and refute anything said positively about the Cowboys QB? (Notice I didn't say Dak there, because the same thing happened to Romo too)

If those that act like "Dak Haters" don't want to be "mocked", don't continually push ignorant takes that does not line up with reality.

I agree.

Ignoring Dak’s performance against the Eagles is just pure hate. He was the best player on the field.

But..

He did collapse at the biggest moment in the game and regardless if Steele got beat Dak still can’t hold the ball there.

That was a rookie mistake in the biggest moment.

SackMaster

Reaction score
I agree.

Ignoring Dak’s performance against the Eagles is just pure hate. He was the best player on the field.

But..

He did collapse at the biggest moment in the game and regardless if Steele got beat Dak still can’t hold the ball there.

That was a rookie mistake in the biggest moment.
:facepalm:
Steele BARELY touched his guy and you believe that a QB who is not a rookie, and who is in the same situation, NEVER take a sack there?

That's the hill (play) you want to die on?
:huh:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
"Dak lovers" exist.

Just say you were wrong and apologize like a mature person. :)

No need to go through rhetorical gymnastics because you feel outnumbered and, thus, have a legitimate point.

I know what I said and what I meant.

The truth is that after Dak plays well, there are MULTIPLE posts calling out the "Dak haters," asking "where are they" in light of Dak's overwhelming performance that lead to a win.

Furthermore, in my initial post I didn't say there was an equal number of "Dak lovers" to "Dak haters." What I said is this ...

Dak, as the quarterback and the highest paid player on the team, takes the bulk of the credit when we win and the bulk of the criticism when we lose.

"Bulk" has nothing to do with the population of the critics or supporters but the degree of the credit or blame.

And it (credit or blame) can be made by people here, commentators in sports studios or general fans.

Sigh, and to think I get paid for educating people's children. If only I could reap the benefits for schooling their parents. ;)

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.
Do you? Dak has a masters degree. Do you?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
well you should look into google it will keep you from looking bad when talking about stuff..its GOOGLE

The Mississippi State QB earned his bachelor’s degree in educational psychology (2014) followed by his master’s degree in workforce leadership (2015).

Basketweaving lol do you normally make such blanket statments based on no facts at all?
Well, he would be more successful if he used his degrees instead of trying the QB routine. However, he did good at football also, made him tons of money with nothing to show for it...so far.

sbark

Reaction score
Not low football I.q.
Just doesn’t pay attention to the details
It’s the little things .....step ob, throw it away thru end zone
His accuracy prob are a indicator....from youth, got by on size strength ....never had to do the little things to separate himself for the position.

Big stats, lowered int’s this year, contract neg. will go well
But end result....no changes.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
its both extremes, show me the anti-dak crowd that praises Dak when we win. its always, the defense was weak, the running game helped, the refs helped, and then focus on three throws that were missed and expecting perfection.

tell me they don't exist

get outta here
First, your statement doesn't make sense in regard to your anti-Dak points, i.e., why would the anti-Dak crowd say the defense was weak after a win led by Dak? :huh:

Second, I never said they (anti-Dakers who don't give him credit after a win) didn't exist.

I'll chalk your reply up to "arguing just to be arguing."

shabazz

Reaction score
He was in the Mississippi Chapter of Mensa so I’m thinking his IQ is pretty high.

kskboys

Reaction score
If he does, why doesn’t the team put him in the right position to succeed? It was 1st and goal at the 6. Instead of taking a sack after the penalty, he should have threw it away. I’ve noticed Dak seems to do this often under pressure in the big games. I’m not even trying to hate on the guy right now. I just sometimes wonder if he has a low football IQ! This falls on coaching too.
No. What Dak has is a brain that doesn't work quite fast enough. He reminds me of Ryan Fitzpatrick, same thing. As a QB, you not only have to see the field and read the D, you have to do it in nanoseconds. Not a suprise that most QBs struggle w/ it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Accept with Cowboys the bulk of the credit for success goes to everyone but the qb and the bulk of credit for failure is applied to the qb... perfect example... sacks are always the fault of cowboy qbs for not getting rid of the ball... not the line for giving the qb time. Delay of games are always the fault of v the qb... even when the te does not know the play.
The "bulk" of something doesn't mean ALL of something but a large portion of it.
Thus, your "exception" would fit my statement.
Double thus, nothing to amend on my part. :)

SackMaster

Reaction score
Just say you were wrong and apologize like a mature person. :)

No need to go through rhetorical gymnastics because you feel outnumbered and, thus, have a legitimate point.

I know what I said and what I meant.

The truth is that after Dak plays well, there are MULTIPLE posts calling out the "Dak haters," asking "where are they" in light of Dak's overwhelming performance that lead to a win.

Furthermore, in my initial post I didn't say there was an equal number of "Dak lovers" to "Dak haters." What I said is this ...

"Bulk" has nothing to do with the population of the critics or supporters but the degree of the credit or blame.

And it (credit or blame) can be made by people here, commentators in sports studios or general fans.

Sigh, and to think I get paid for educating people's children. If only I could reap the benefits for schooling their parents. ;)
Imagine believing you are acting like a "mature person" then crying that you get mocked about your terrible and delusional opinions. Oh, nevermind.
:laugh:

And imagine trying to "school an adult" as a teacher when the education is at an all-time low because teachers more concerned about "social issues" than Reading, Writing, Arithmetic and Science. Oh, nevermind.
:lmao2:

You may THINK you have power because you grade papers, but in reality, it's probably more like "those that can't do, teach".

Oh so sorry, that was so immature of me to point out.
:muttley:

kskboys

Reaction score
Not low football I.q.
Just doesn’t pay attention to the details
It’s the little things .....step ob, throw it away thru end zone
His accuracy prob are a indicator....from youth, got by on size strength ....never had to do the little things to separate himself for the position.

Big stats, lowered int’s this year, contract neg. will go well
But end result....no changes.
No, it's just that his brain doesn't work fast enough. That is normal for NFL QB's, not rare at all. Only a very few have brains that work fast enough to know where to throw in 1.4 seconds.

kskboys

Reaction score
Imagine believing you are acting like a "mature person" then crying that you get mocked about your terrible and delusional opinions. Oh, nevermind.
:laugh:

And imagine trying to "school an adult" as a teacher when the education is at an all-time low because teachers more concerned about "social issues" than Reading, Writing, Arithmetic and Science. Oh, nevermind.
:lmao2:

You may THINK you have power because you grade papers, but in reality, it's probably more like "those that can't do, teach".

Oh so sorry, that was so immature of me to point out.
:muttley:
How in hades do you guys not get tired of this?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
:facepalm:
Steele BARELY touched his guy and you believe that a QB who is not a rookie, and who is in the same situation, NEVER take a sack there?

That's the hill (play) you want to die on?
:huh:
0 timeouts and less than 30 seconds on 2nd down.

This isn’t even a debate bud.

Recognizing pressure is part of football. It’s the #1 thing he had to recognize in that situation.

It didn’t even come from his blind spot so there is really no excuse.

kskboys

Reaction score
0 timeouts and less than 30 seconds on 2nd down.

This isn’t even a debate bud.

Recognizing pressure is part of football. It’s the #1 thing he had to recognize in that situation.

It didn’t even come from his blind spot so there is really no excuse.
He never saw it coming. That's the problem. As an NFL QB, you absolutely must see the pressure coming. Throw the ball into the stands, fine, but DO NOT take a sack.