Does Dak really care about the Super Bowl when he negotiates for every penny?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
so if a QB doesn't win a superbowl in the first 4 years in the league they don't deserve a second contract?
It was ironic that you those 2 QBs who had already won 2 super bowls before getting their big contract. Maybe you have 2 other examples where it worked out.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Even his early contracts were discounts...at least to some degree. And those deals were flat out paltry compared to today's.
He never maxed out....earlier or later.....nor before or after he married the supermodel.

Again, I don't put him on some pedestal for doing it, but there is no doubt that he gave discounts varying from small to huge his entire career.

I do agree, however, that it should be easier to give discounts later in a career if you didn't blow it all as some do.
you just contradicted yourself...they are either discount or they are not. "to a degree" is a cop out....his contracts were among the highest in the league at the time. not relative to today.

and he has had some nice benefits in his career, like having Bilicheck, perhaps the best tactical and game day coach ever. he also wen to a very very loaded Tampa team....

and yes you are right, most of these QBs give discounts at the end of their careers, because by then they made their money. still making good money and they just want a ring.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It was ironic that you those 2 QBs who had already won 2 super bowls before getting their big contract. Maybe you have 2 other examples where it worked out.
so if a QB doesn't win a superbowl in their first 4 years they don't deserve a new contract?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
ahhh, here we go....when somebody feels like they are losing an argument, inevitably the first move is to insult because they know they are losing and continue to lose the line of argument, so their goal become changing the narrative of the argument to insults and escalate..

so when did you feel you lost the argument? my thinking is was your first response....
@5Stars does that all the time. Because he loses arguments all the time.

visionary

Reaction score
so in your opinion, if a QB doesn't win a superbowl in their first 4 years, they don't deserver a new contract?

So in your opinion if in 5 seasons of starting a QB has a 1-3 playoff record and was 1-3 in his last 4 games played he should become the second highest paid player in NFL history ?

:facepalm::facepalm:

DFWJC

Reaction score
you just contradicted yourself...they are either discount or they are not. "to a degree" is a cop out....his contracts were among the highest in the league at the time. not relative to today.

and he has had some nice benefits in his career, like having Bilicheck, perhaps the best tactical and game day coach ever. he also wen to a very very loaded Tampa team....

and yes you are right, most of these QBs give discounts at the end of their careers, because by then they made their money. still making good money and they just want a ring.
I didn't contradict ****.

"To a degree" means a discount but not some preposterous discount like taking 1 million instead of 20. It might mean 17 mil instead of 20. or 20 instead of 25...etc
That's not too complex to comprehend, I would think.

Among the highest. means, they were not the highest.
He did not squeeze for every dollar or even every million dollars.
When he came due for a new deal, he did not press, like so many others do, to try to become the market leader.

he ALWAYS gave some form of discount.

And as far as having a good coach or team around him...great! But that is not what we are discussing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think to win a championship with him he needs a salary about like Jameis Winstons.
that's why Jamies the interception machine winston got dumped, 3rd stringer and now a 12M contract...

good luck finding a top 10 QB at that price....when you find one call me.

and you think Winston is going to lead any team to anything...same team essentially went 7-9 with him. and won a superbowl the next year...go figure

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So in your opinion if in 5 seasons of starting a QB has a 1-3 playoff record and was 1-3 in his last 4 games played he should become the second highest paid player in NFL history ?

:facepalm::facepalm:
again, you are diverting and spinning...good try I must add.

so answer the question...if a QB doesn't win a superbowl in thier first 4 years.....then in your opinion they don't deserve a second contract?

btw, he is 1-2 in the playoffs not 1-3 and he was 2-2 in his last 4 games....but go ahead make up stuff as you seemingly do.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I didn't contradict ****.

"To a degree" means a discount but not some preposterous discount like taking 1 million instead of 20. It might mean 17 mil instead of 20. or 20 instead of 25...etc
That's not too complex to comprehend, I would think.

Among the highest. means, they were not the highest.
He did not squeeze for every dollar or even every million dollars.
When he came due for a new deal, he did not press, like so many others do, to try to become the market leader.

he ALWAYS gave some form of discount.

And as far as having a good coach or team around him...great! But that is not what we are discussing.
so would Dak giving a discount the way you described be acceptable?

and what was Brady's discount since you have mentioned it.....

and btw, Dak is among the highest. not the highest. and how do you know Brady didn't press? like many others do......

and Brady is an exception...but everyone around likes to take and exception and make it a rule....but lets not forget Russell, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Stafford etc. all took contracts that were among the highest or highest at the time....none of them deserving I assume.....

why should a QB or player give a discount?

DFWJC

Reaction score
so would Dak giving a discount the way you described be acceptable?

and what was Brady's discount since you have mentioned it.....

and btw, Dak is among the highest. not the highest. and how do you know Brady didn't press? like many others do......

and Brady is an exception...but everyone around likes to take and exception and make it a rule....but lets not forget Russell, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Stafford etc. all took contracts that were among the highest or highest at the time....none of them deserving I assume.....

why should a QB or player give a discount?
I have not once mentioned Dak.
In fact, I've always said that the players should be allowed to get whatever they think they should get.

You are confusing me with others in this thread.

All I said was that Brady did in fact always give discounts...sometimes only 10-20% below top market (once) sometimes nearly 50%

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have not once mentioned Dak.
In fact, I've always said that the players should be allowed to get whatever they think they should get.

You are confusing me with others in this thread.

All I said was that Brady did in fact always give discounts...sometimes only 10-20% below top market (once) sometimes nearly 50%
Brady's first two contracts were amongs the highest (if not the highest), subsequently he "discounted", but he is the exception rather than the rule.....there aren't many others if ny like him having played for 20+ years. and the past 12 years he is married to one of the richest models in the world.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Brady's first two contracts were amongs the highest (if not the highest), subsequently he "discounted", but he is the exception rather than the rule.....there aren't many others if ny like him having played for 20+ years. and the past 12 years he is married to one of the richest models in the world.
He was a super bowl winner.....9.99% of the time that means his new contract would be the highest.
It was not...and his 2nd big one was WAY below the highest...maybe 30% below...and this is before big endorsements or marriage to super model.
Look, if you don't think the guy took a discount...that's fine.
You seem obsessed with making it sound like he didn't when the facts say otherwise.

We just disagree.

lets let it go as this is getting silly

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He was a super bowl winner.....9.99% of the time that means his new contract would be the highest.
It was not...and his 2nd big one was WAY below the highest...maybe 30% below...and this is before big endorsements or marriage to super model.
Look, if you don't think the guy took a discount...that's fine.
You seem obsessed with making it sound like he didn't when the facts say otherwise.

We just disagree.

lets let it go as this is getting silly

although his first two were below some of the contemporaries of the time. his 4 year 72M contract in 2010, with the largest guaranteed money was the highest at the time (although highest at the time is meaningless since new contracts will tend to go higher). his 2016, 2 year 41M contract was among the highest in the NFL for QBs. his 2019 1 year deal put him 6th among NFL QBs...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
lol...not really you miserable little rat with the lonely little life...I don't argue with pigs, you both get dirty but the pig likes it. @CowboysFaninHouston @Rockport ...you girls really need to get a life.
see, here you go again. you losing an argument and throwing a tantrum and insulting so you distract from the non sense you posted and can't defend.... like I said, when did you feel like you lost the argument and had to revert to insults.....

as the say, "insults are the last resort of an insecure person with a crumbling position trying to ppear confident"..... kind of fits you to a tee, doesn' t?

(and as predictable as you are, here comes the insults)