Does Rush read defenses and see the field better than Dak?

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dak obviously has a better arm and is more athletic. But is Rush a better at seeing the field? Reading defenses and a better game manager?

It's hard to say but Rush plays like he's going to ride the wheels off it.
Lately Dak tends to hesitate and be tentative.

Both have proved they are capable of winning games in the NFL.
Both have great leadership qualities and their team follows them and plays hard.

I believe we are just going to have to see where DAk is at when he is cleared to play again.
Arm strength and athleticism won't mean much if he is rushed back too soon and can't grip the ball.

I believe that's why McCarthy wants him to be able to practice for a full week before he plays a game so he can see where his accuracy is at before he throws him out there.

Being able to grip the ball properly could affect his accuracy drastically.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Prescott is never going to get the credit respect he deserves. Especially after taking over for everyone’s hero Tony. That being said. Rush being just a little bit taller. Maybe you can see the Lane faster. Definitely not better.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think so.

I think Dak is a better player obviously but I think Rush see’s the field better and at times actually takes chances downfield to players who are covered to draw flags.
It’s easy to draw a flag when the ball is Underthrown. I’m positive he doesn’t do it on purpose

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Prescott is never going to get the credit respect he deserves. Especially after taking over for everyone’s hero Tony. That being said. Rush being just a little bit taller. Maybe you can see the Lane faster. Definitely not better.

What credit / respect has he earned?

He’s winning games that we can win with a backup QB. Almost 0 playoff success.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What credit / respect has he earned?

He’s winning games that we can win with a backup QB. Almost 0 playoff success.
I’m not even going to bother. He could have a ring and you would still blame him . What about Ezekiel Elliott tripping over his ego on the goal line against the Rams. What about Byron Jones missing the ball from Aaron Rodgers. Come on stop it you just don’t like the guy

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Early in his career Dak looked like an efficient beast. Lately he has been looking like late stages Drew Bledsoe. I am still hopeful we can get him back and get him going but as more time passes it seems less and less likely that the 40 million dollar man will not live up to the contract. Very hard to win when your QB is a net negative player.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think there is anything wrong with Dak's ability to read defenses, it's execution and consistency. You don't win as many games he's won and can't read defenses. Hell, I would argue at this level (NFL ), most, if not all first and second-string QBs can read defenses, otherwise, their career is pretty short ( RG3, Joey Harrington, Vince Young, David Carr just to name a few). Check out this list of 1st round busts....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1047730-50-biggest-quarterback-busts-in-nfl-draft-history

Blackrain

Reaction score

Seems a lot more like Rush isn't getting the respect that he deserves.

He has come in and won three games for us saved our season done a 40 million job for a ham sandwich and all people can say is he's just a good backup that's all he is.

Well I'm sorry He's more than just a backup on our team He's giving us a lot of good football to watch and saved our season so far