Don’t fold too quick FO

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If he sits out, a ton of questions will be answered. Weber is very underrated, and it's possible Moore will run an O that doesn't require a bell cow. Since none of us have any idea what Moore is as an OC, it's all question marks.

My personal guess is that our O would now still be pretty good w/o EZ due to the rook RB's and the Moore/Kitna influence. That is purely a guess, pure surmising.
I suppose we can give it a shot . If it’s totally debunk, Jerry can always go running to Elliott or waste the season and draft another stud RB next year.

So, you don’t think Dak effectiveness is dependent on a talent and production like Zeke. Whoever we have in there will keep defenses back on their heels and out of stacking the box ?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It's amazing how fans will bend over backwards to support billionaires while trashing players, because they just want to see their favorite uniforms win and don't give a hoot about the guys wearing them. :rolleyes:

Agree.

Their careers are so short.

They have to protect themselves.

Pay them and let’s get back to football.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agree.

Their careers are so short.

They have to protect themselves.

Pay them and let’s get back to football.
I’d pay Dak and Zeke this year and put Cooper off to next year. Maybe Tag him next year if necessary as he might be looking for a bigger payday.

kskboys

Reaction score
I suppose we can give it a shot . If it’s totally debunk, Jerry can always go running to Elliott or waste the season and draft another stud RB next year.

So, you don’t think Dak effectiveness is dependent on a talent and production like Zeke. Whoever we have in there will keep defenses back on their heels and out of stacking the box ?
All QB's are dependent on the talent around them. That's why Drew Brees was 7-9 for 2 or 3 seasons in a row.

I believe Dak needs a great D more than he needs Zeke, and that paying EZ a ton will cost us dearly in the future.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
EZ will make 38 mil on his rook contract. He's already been paid. Get on the field.
But he’s looking ahead for himself. Why should he allow the Cowboys to use him up and then not extend him?

I can’t stand the kid but I think he’s playing this right for himself. He sees us looking to pay Dak early . With no guaranteed we’ll extend him.

He wants more than the 3.9 million this year before he’s over used and dumped like Murray was.

His value isn’t likely to rise any higher than it is right now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All QB's are dependent on the talent around them. That's why Drew Brees was 7-9 for 2 or 3 seasons in a row.

I believe Dak needs a great D more than he needs Zeke, and that paying EZ a ton will cost us dearly in the future.
I’m ok with that decision. We might see how that plays out.

You have more confidence in the impact Moore will make. Dak won’t need Zeke as much. We should be fine with our Rookie RB’s. Let him holdout. We’ll show him.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
It's amazing how fans will bend over backwards to support billionaires while trashing players, because they just want to see their favorite uniforms win and don't give a hoot about the guys wearing them. :rolleyes:
These guys are making millions of dollars playing a game. I have absolutely ZERO sympathy for any of them. It's because of these "billionaires" they even have a job capable of making this kind of money. Let alone all of the thousands of other people these billionaires employ.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
These guys are making millions of dollars playing a game. I have absolutely ZERO sympathy for any of them. It's because of these "billionaires" they even have a job capable of making this kind of money. Let alone all of the thousands of other people these billionaires employ.
It didn’t begin this way. TV networks, sponsors , corporations and fans have evolved a once part time job making so little not everyone could afford to sacrifice their regular jobs or lifestyle to play.

The owners are simply a conduit with the municipalities who thru tax incentives and public bonds help fund stadiums along with Anti Trust exemption from Congress allow it to operate as a legal monopoly.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you go back as recent as 1973 when the NFL blackout rule was initially implemented local fans within a 75 mile radius weren’t allowed to watch home games.

This new rule allowed home games to be broadcast if they were sold out within 72 hours before kickoff.

Before this time local fans had to either attend the games or travel beyond this radius to view. I can recall having to on several occasions driving to Waco ( closet family beyond the radius) to see home games until we had season tickets which is why we bought them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_television_blackout_policies

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Why do you care about the individual players? Do you follow players around the league and root for whatever team they are on or do you just root for the Cowboys?

Its about the success of the team. So why would you want to pay these guys whatever they want? In a salary cap world, you have to be smart with your dollars. Its not about owners making money. Its about saving money on one guy to pay another. Its about having as many great players on your team as you can smartly afford.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Why do you care about the individual players? Do you follow players around the league and root for whatever team they are on or do you just root for the Cowboys?

Its about the success of the team. So why would you want to pay these guys whatever they want? In a salary cap world, you have to be smart with your dollars. Its not about owners making money. Its about saving money on one guy to pay another. Its about having as many great players on your team as you can smartly afford.
Yup, that's how I see it as well. Tank was on the edge, paying our big 3 like they're 3 time Super Bowl champions is going to mean we can't afford to pay anyone else. Oh well.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yup, that's how I see it as well. Tank was on the edge, paying our big 3 like they're 3 time Super Bowl champions is going to mean we can't afford to pay anyone else. Oh well.

Seriously, cant pay all these guys the highest at their positions when they all come due. Jaylon Smith? LVE? When will it end?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Seriously, cant pay all these guys the highest at their positions when they all come due. Jaylon Smith? LVE? When will it end?

Jaylon Smith is already going to become the next in a long line of starting Cowboys' linebackers that leave for better cash after their rookie deal is up.