Don’t think we can say Dak is best QB in division anymore?

Toro9

Reaction score
Dak is still the best QB in the division. No doubt Hurts has had a great year but I'm not going to base it off one year. If he continues to improve or shows more progress then we can debate some more.

Hurts also hasn't looked to hot lately either.

Jones also made a massive leap from his previous years. Giants slowly giving him some OL protection and if they improve the OL some more and get a couple WR they could be problematic aswell
I kinda feel like Hurts is the real deal. Not so much Jones. Wentz/Heinecke are not in the conversation. I maintain that while Dak is serviceable, he's not great or even very good routinely.

For me it goes Hurts > Dak > Jones > Wentz/Heinecke

Gator88

Reaction score
Maybe the homer goggles will come off faster for Hurts vs Dak than they did with Eli vs Romo.

Funny and deflating to watch fans in denial on this. Kind of stuff that keeps the Jones Boys going.
Not sure what you mean. Romo was objectively better than Eli, he just never had a supporting cast within a mile of Eli's 2 successful teams.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I give him credit. No doubt. But I also know he is a product of the team around him more than the other way around.
That’s a more subjective argument .

I do agree he has benefited from his supporting cast. But if he’s the perfect compliment then that has to be recognized.

What we know is they are 16-1 with him and 0-2 without him . And weren’t looking like the same team when he was out . We can’t just brush that off.

He’s making some plays out there which compliment and help optimize his supporting case. I believe we could make an argument he’s more than a Bus Driver.

Not just by the stats but by his leadership and swagger the offense has with him in there. It’s an infectious winning attitude. And I believe with being a finalist for MVP and SB appearance he will begin receiving his accolades .

If they win and he has a vital role then he will be elevated even more.

csirl

Reaction score
Hurts was nominated for MVP.

The Daniel Jones who finished the season is better than the Dak who finished the season.

The debate is now to decide who of the following group is the 3rd best QB in the Division:

Dak, Tyrod Taylor, Gardiner Minshew, Heineke and Wentz.

To be honest, there's very little difference between any of them.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Hurts was 16-1 this season, there's no question he's getting signed. Stop it.

Okay let the Eagles sign him for 50 million then and let's if that theory that it's hard to keep a stacked and loaded team together when the QB gets paid a ton of money is true. Let's either see Hurts having to work with an inferior roster and less top tier weapons than he has now. Or see if Howie Roseman is actually able to pay Hurts 50 million and work around his contract to sign pay and keep all or most of the best players the Eagles have on their roster now. Or let's see whether or not Hurts contract prevents Howie from getting aggressive in free agency.

Since some Cowboys fans actually believe that Dak's and Zeke's contracts makes it impossible for the front office to go after the top echelon of free agency NFL players.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I will take wins over stats any day. When Hurts, Danny Dimes, or any other QB in this division consistently beats Dak they can be the best QB until then IDC.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That’s a more subjective argument .

I do agree he has benefited from his supporting cast. But if he’s the perfect compliment then that has to be recognized.

What we know is they are 16-1 with him and 0-2 without him . And weren’t looking like the same team when he was out . We can’t just brush that off.

He’s making some plays out there which compliment and help optimize his supporting case. I believe we could make an argument he’s more than a Bus Driver.

Not just by the stats but by his leadership and swagger the offense has with him in there. It’s an infectious winning attitude. And I believe with being a finalist for MVP and SB appearance he will begin receiving his accolades .

If they win and he has a vital role then he will be elevated even more.
They werent 16-1 last year and he was the QB. 0-2 is 2 games. Proves nothing. Leadership and swagger? Dont see much of that.

Of course the media will praise him as the next coming. Because thats what they do. But those that understand football will know the difference.

Just like he threw for 120 yards and no TD's last game and blew out the Niners.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Passer rating:
Hurts 101.5
Jones 92.5
Dak 91.1

QBR:
Hurts 66.3
Jones 60.8
Dak 57.9

For at least this season, Dak was the 3rd best QB in the division.

Before the "but Dak has bad teammates" arguments pop up:
Phil without Hurts 0-2
NYG without Jones 0-1
Dallas without Dak 4-1
I was just thinking that jones was a little better than dak this past season, so he has fallen to # 3.
this can change each season.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yah the great Hurts beat the vaunted Niners by throwing for 120 yards and handing the ball off to his RB's.
it isnt about just passing roy, it is the other things, running, reading def, being on target, not turning ball over etc.

mcmvp

Reaction score
it isnt about just passing roy, it is the other things, running, reading def, being on target, not turning ball over etc.
And since when do you have to throw a lot in a blowout when the other team doesn’t even have a quarterback? This was from somebody who “understands football”. You almost can’t make it up.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Hurts Leads in my opinion because he's a bigger threat running the ball. And he was banged up and still was running, that matters to me. I think as far as passing, they're close to the same in big games, but I would give the not to Prescott because we know he can perform at a high level. I think Hurts has a more balanced team. Clearly a much better cast of playmakers.

Can you imagine the meltdown here though, say if Dak averaged 137 yards and 1 TD in two post season games? Yikes! :lmao:
Just one perspective though.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I will take wins over stats any day. When Hurts, Danny Dimes, or any other QB in this division consistently beats Dak they can be the best QB until then IDC.
When a Qb can lead his team to the Super Bowl he can be the best QB in the division.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The Chiefs have been a top 2-3 favorite to win the sb since the start of the season. I think the Eagles opened at 8th in odds. I had us winning division and the Egirls losing again first round …

I would have considered us getting to a conference game a success win or lose
First the Chiefs were a big unknown after letting go of their WR1. They plug and play like no others. The Eagles added key players to their roster throughout the year, and Hurts has grown into his position. Love them or hate them, they have done it right the last several years.

As a Cowboys fan for 30 years I am wayyyyy beyond being happy with getting to a conference year, as we have failed to fill in the key spots that were needed to get us to a conference final. If our organization wasn't run by a bunch of clowns we would have a plan, not just one of bottom feeding on off the streets due to fill our noticeable gaps. Anybody confident things are going to change this off season?

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I just explained it to you. They played us in Dallas and almost won. Isnt that a good reason they didnt win? Then they played the Saints with a great defense. Two games.

I do recognize his great season. Yet you also have to recognize his all world team around him, coaching, and the fact that played an easy regular season schedule and has to be one of the easiest playoff schedules ever. Just saying.

I look at all the factors, not just a few.

And if they lose the SB, what did he really do? Win one more game than the Cowboys did? If we had played the Giants in the playoffs would we have beaten them?

If Purdy got hurt in the first quarter of our game would we have beaten the Niners? Better chance for sure. No way do they score 10 points in the 4th quarter with that backup guy in there or Purdy with a seperated shoulder.
When did Purdy have a separated shoulder.?

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
First the Chiefs were a big unknown after letting go of their WR1. They plug and play like no others. The Eagles added key players to their roster throughout the year, and Hurts has grown into his position. Love them or hate them, they have done it right the last several years.

As a Cowboys fan for 30 years I am wayyyyy beyond being happy with getting to a conference year, as we have failed to fill in the key spots that were needed to get us to a conference final. If our organization wasn't run by a bunch of clowns we would have a plan, not just one of bottom feeding on off the streets due to fill our noticeable gaps. Anybody confident things are going to change this off season?

I agree with everything you said - i am just stating it’s more of a surprise the eagles made it vs cheifs