Don’t think we can say Dak is best QB in division anymore?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
He also just “won” a game competing 15 passes for 125 yards.

Which is exactly why Mahomes won the MVP over him and deserved to. Hurts has improved his game, while at the same time there is still a lot of questions about him as a QB. Which is why some believe the Eagles are going to be hesitant to paying him 50 million, as some still don't think that Hurts has he skills to be a long termed franchise QB enough for a team to want to sign him to a big contract. It will be telling if the Eagles don't sign him and try to reduce his contract, because it says how they don't believe he was a main contributing factor in their run to the Super Bowl. Or it means they don't see him as an irreplaceable QB.

For example if they had Mahomes or a QB who was on the same tier as Mahomes, then there wouldn't still be questions or doubts as to whether or not the Eagles are going to sign him to a huge contract.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Which is exactly why Mahomes won the MVP over him and deserved to. Hurts has improved his game, while at the same time there is still a lot of questions about him as a QB. Which is why some believe the Eagles are going to be hesitant to paying him 50 million, as some still don't think that Hurts has he skills to be a long termed franchise QB enough for a team to want to sign him to a big contract. It will be telling if the Eagles don't sign him and try to reduce his contract, because it says how they don't believe he was a main contributing factor in their run to the Super Bowl. Or it means they don't see him as an irreplaceable QB.

For example if they had Mahomes or a QB who was on the same tier as Mahomes, then there wouldn't still be questions or doubts as to whether or not the Eagles are going to sign him to a huge contract.
Hey, I think Hurtz was great this year. He was better than Dak this year no doubt. But he also plays for a great team that has a good GM and is surrounded by weapons with a brick wall OL.

Like I said, Hurtz was better this year but Dak is better over the last 3 years.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Dak actually has 2 playoff wins. There can be a valid debate about how Hurts has played better this season. But just wanted to point that out,
Dak has 2 career playoff wins but the reference was for the last 3 years.

Jimbo123

Reaction score

Hurts was 16-1 this season, there's no question he's getting signed. Stop it.

Cowboys0988

Reaction score
He threw 5. For a league leading 1.1% int percentage.

He also was near the bottom in TD%, which tells me he took 0 risk with his throws. Can't win that way, hence why they never beat Philly or Dallas this year.
But the Giants got just as far as the Cowboys did this year. Dak sucks. Accept it. Move on. Its gonna be ok. Your gonna make it lil fella.

Toro9

Reaction score
I dont think i hated a player more than Vick, him being on the eagles didnt help either.
I liked Cunningham and Mcnabb though
Yeah, the dog fighting thing was messed up but Vick was exciting as a player. I'm still not sure he was a bad of a person as Albert Haynesworth though. I still remember him stomping on Andre Gurode.

cnuball21

Reaction score

I think he’ll enjoy a few good seasons but once he can’t run he’ll be mediocre.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hurts is likely to win MVP tonight and much more on Sunday.

I’d argue Hurts has definitely moved up the totem pole with MVP type season and first Super Bowl appearance .

What say you Cowboy fans …
Yep for handing the ball off to his RB's and watching his defense shut the other team down. Now granted he is great with his legs. Cant deny that. But him winning MVP is a joke.

A guy like Mahomes carries his team. Hurts does not.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I’d argue Hurts has definitely moved up the totem pole with MVP type season and first Super Bowl appearance .

I think its safe to say that Hurts had a better year than Dak THIS year. This being Hurts career year and Dak's arguably worst year ever with the picks. Still, Dak is the best QB in the division. Hurts running ability makes him dangerous but he is clearly a product of his All universe Oline and players around him. If he had to carry the team, pass the ball more behind an average line his season would have gone much differently.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep for handing the ball off to his RB's and watching his defense shut the other team down. Now granted he is great with his legs. Cant deny that. But him winning MVP is a joke.

A guy like Mahomes carries his team. Hurts does not.
I’d agree with much of this . But the Egirls couldn’t win when Hurts was out .

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

He’s better than Hurts.

Hurts just plays on a really good team and they spam RPOs all game.

He’s not that good of a QB but he’s can run and make good decisions.

Dak’s way better.

It’s just more proof that you don’t need to pay a guy a ton of money.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’d agree with much of this . But the Egirls couldn’t win when Hurts was out .

Looks like your talking about 2 games. They played us with Dak and nearly beat us. And then they played the Saints whos defense was playing incredible during that time. Not sure that really qualifies as a needle mover. They generally had a very easy schedule otherwise.

Hurts helps out the run game tremendously because the linebackers have to cue on him with the ball so they freeze. If he hands it off the runners get to take advantage of that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hurts was 16-1 this season, there's no question he's getting signed. Stop it.
Giving Hurts a mega deal would be great for Dallas and the entire division.

Philly is pretty good about not doing stupid stuff though.

Imagine if we drafted Wentz and won a Super Bowl with Pederson. They’d still be here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Looks like your talking about 2 games. They played us with Dak and nearly beat us. And then they played the Saints whos defense was playing incredible during that time. Not sure that really qualifies as a needle mover. They generally had a very easy schedule otherwise.

Hurts helps out the run game tremendously because the linebackers have to cue on him with the ball so they freeze. If he hands it off the runners get to take advantage of that.
Yea but they had to bring him back when he wasn’t completely healthy cause if they kept losing could have lost division and top seed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He’s better than Hurts.

Hurts just plays on a really good team and they spam RPOs all game.

He’s not that good of a QB but he’s can run and make good decisions.

Dak’s way better.

It’s just more proof that you don’t need to pay a guy a ton of money.
Nicely done. Only problem is your theory again. Your theory ONLY works if you have an all world team around the QB at the same moment you have a QB on a rookie deal. And even then you still need a very good QB playing that way on a rookie deal. Then of course you have basically a one or two year window to win it all realistically until you have to pay your rookie big money.

Now are you saying never pay a QB coming off a rookie deal or only pay the elite ones?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Imagine if we drafted Wentz and won a Super Bowl with Pederson. They’d still be here.
They had Wentz on a rookie deal they just didnt have a good enough team for your theory to work. Then they did pay Wentz big money. However they were smart enough to realize their error and traded Wentz. Which got them extra picks which helped them get over the hump of building the team they have.

Its almost a perfect storm at the right time for your theory to work. Almost as unlikely as finding an elite franchise QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

We really can’t compare our Mgmt to anyone else’s. Our ownership priority is different,

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
What also stands out is the number of fumbles per attempt:

Hurts: 9 fumbles on 165 attempts (1 every 18 attempts)
Jones: 6 fumbles on 120 attempts (1 every 20 attempts)
Dak: 4 fumbles on 45 attempts (1 every 11 attempts)
Fumbles are a tough stat for QBs because it could be center exchanges or strip sacks; neither of which are a deterrent to how they protect the ball while running.

For instance, Jalen rushed 165 times this year and only lost 2 fumbles, at least 1 was a strip sack. This tells us a lot of them could be center exchanges he jumped on right away.

It’s probable none of Dak’s 4 attempts were fumbles if he only ran 45 times

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Nonsense is accepting second best. What does a great season get a team that pretty much everybody saw as a front runner to start the year? The Iggles didn't surprise anybody with all the off season and in season moves they made. Trust me, they did this to win a Superbowl not feel good about themselves if they fall short. Do you think 9ers fans are celebrating another end of season loss?

Maybe I need to clarify my best QB reference for you: the best QB in the superbowl is the one whose team wins...is that better? It's like all the Dak love with him setting records, QBR, yadda yadda. Who on earth cares what his stats are if he falls flat on his face when games count?

The Chiefs have been a top 2-3 favorite to win the sb since the start of the season. I think the Eagles opened at 8th in odds. I had us winning division and the Egirls losing again first round …

I would have considered us getting to a conference game a success win or lose