Don’t think we can say Dak is best QB in division anymore?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They had Wentz on a rookie deal they just didnt have a good enough team for your theory to work. Then they did pay Wentz big money. However they were smart enough to realize their error and traded Wentz. Which got them extra picks which helped them get over the hump of building the team they have.

Its almost a perfect storm at the right time for your theory to work. Almost as unlikely as finding an elite franchise QB.
What also was brilliant was drafting Hurts in 2nd round like insurance in case Wentz didn’t work out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yea but they had to bring him back when he wasn’t completely healthy cause if they kept losing could have lost division and top seed.
Yes and all he had to do was do his RPO stuff for one game and that was it. Didnt need him to throw the ball. Not like they played anyone great. Giants I have little respect for.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty much the entire NFL did the same. Our hometown hero lead the league in INT's, in case you haven't heard.
Yes we all seen it on here about 10,000 times so far. Even though it is the truth. :laugh:
Sometimes stats do not lie. :muttley:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes and all he had to do was do his RPO stuff for one game and that was it. Didnt need him to throw the ball. Not like they played anyone great. Giants I have little respect for.
Then why wasn’t their backup QB able to win a game. Ours was. Just saying…

I think Hurts has been more valuable than your attempting to downplay.

The fact he went 16-1 has to be recognized. Sometimes just being a winner can elevate your value.

And if he wins tomorrow will be elevated to even a higher level.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
I didn’t realize that QBs played by themselves in the playoffs.
Only when we lose apparently …..

But when we win “ Dak 305 5 tds!”

Also looked liked our defense played by themselves last game

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Then why wasn’t their backup QB able to win a game. Our was. Just saying. I think Hurts has been more valuable than your attempting to downplay.

The fact he went 16-1 has to be recognized. Sometimes just being a winner can elevate your value.
Because Hurts can run and they are built to run RPOs all game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So, you think Egirls are in Super Bowl if Hurts doesn’t return after injury?
Probably not. He’s good at running the system they have but as far as being a QB he stinks at it lol.

He’s just a runner and they spam RPOs all game.

He’s not playing the game the same way as most QBs.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Maybe the homer goggles will come off faster for Hurts vs Dak than they did with Eli vs Romo.

Funny and deflating to watch fans in denial on this. Kind of stuff that keeps the Jones Boys going.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Then why wasn’t their backup QB able to win a game. Ours was. Just saying…

I think Hurts has been more valuable than your attempting to downplay.

And if he wins tomorrow will be elevated to even a higher level.
I just explained it to you. They played us in Dallas and almost won. Isnt that a good reason they didnt win? Then they played the Saints with a great defense. Two games.

I do recognize his great season. Yet you also have to recognize his all world team around him, coaching, and the fact that played an easy regular season schedule and has to be one of the easiest playoff schedules ever. Just saying.

I look at all the factors, not just a few.

And if they lose the SB, what did he really do? Win one more game than the Cowboys did? If we had played the Giants in the playoffs would we have beaten them?

If Purdy got hurt in the first quarter of our game would we have beaten the Niners? Better chance for sure. No way do they score 10 points in the 4th quarter with that backup guy in there or Purdy with a seperated shoulder.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lmao, this reminds me of the time when the OP said garrett was better than Landry. I'll never forget that crap.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I just explained it to you. They played us in Dallas and almost won. Isnt that a good reason they didnt win? Then they played the Saints with a great defense. Two games.

I do recognize his great season. Yet you also have to recognize his all world team around him, coaching, and the fact that played an easy regular season schedule and has to be one of the easiest playoff schedules ever. Just saying.

I look at all the factors, not just a few.

And if they lose the SB, what did he really do? Win one more game than the Cowboys did? If we had played the Giants in the playoffs would we have beaten them?

If Purdy got hurt in the first quarter of our game would we have beaten the Niners? Better chance for sure. No way do they score 10 points in the 4th quarter with that backup guy in there or Purdy with a seperated shoulder.
Those are all legit arguments which as I said agree with most. But I wouldn’t discount the value or impact Hurts has made.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Those are all legit arguments which as I said agree with most. But I wouldn’t discount the value or impact Hurts has made.
I give him credit. No doubt. But I also know he is a product of the team around him more than the other way around.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Probably not. He’s good at running the system they have but as far as being a QB he stinks at it lol.

He’s just a runner and they spam RPOs all game.

He’s not playing the game the same way as most QBs.
And yet all he does is WIN. In only 2yrs, he has reached a pinnacle that Dak can only dream about.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, he has already reached heights that Dak's Cowboys will never see. IN YEAR 2
Well that’s kinda my point with not paying QBs like Dak.

Dak’s better than Brock Purdy too but Purdy plays on a better team.

If you don’t have a truly elite QB then you better play a team game.

We’re trying to play a team game with a guy who is kinda too 10.

Teams are literally daring Hurts to throw. Won’t even rush him at times just so he has to actually play the position how it’s meant to be played.