Don’t think we can say Dak is best QB in division anymore?

Jimbo123

Reaction score
What also stands out is the number of fumbles per attempt:

Hurts: 9 fumbles on 165 attempts (1 every 18 attempts)
Jones: 6 fumbles on 120 attempts (1 every 20 attempts)
Dak: 4 fumbles on 45 attempts (1 every 11 attempts)
Meaningless stat. Hurts fumbles lost 2, Jones fumbles lost 3, Dak fumbles lost 1

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
One year, if he keeps it up and Dak continues down this path than absolutely you give Hurts that.

However, recency bias isn't going to erase the past few seasons. I will say Hurts was better this year in any event.
Although, I wasn't like most the board who constantly trashed Hurts in the first place. It's ironic the same guys who repeatedly said he was garbage are the same who can't wait to crown him now.
I will admit that I bashed him as much as anyone, but I'm eating some humble pie right now. He has played beyond expectations and had a real shot at MVP before he was injured. Hurts is loved by his team mates; by all accounts, his leadership is through the roof. I also will say that 95% of his recent play is related to that injury. He hasn't looked the same.

And for all the people saying that his offensive line is the reason...what did Romo or Dak do with our great offensive lines?

CWR

Reaction score
Hurts had his first full season as a starter last year without all the weapons or o line they had this year. Point is he’s in year two and Daks in year eight. He’s done more in two seasons than dak did in eight. Theme the facts and hurts is from Texas;).

The facts are the Eagles have done more. Those are the facts. I didn't say Hurts was undeserving. I said he's got to do it again. Like I said those of you who called him trash a year ago, are the first to crown him. Forgive me if I'm not so hyperbolic.

CWR

Reaction score
I will admit that I bashed him as much as anyone, but I'm eating some humble pie right now. He has played beyond expectations and had a real shot at MVP before he was injured. Hurts is loved by his team mates; by all accounts, his leadership is through the roof. I also will say that 95% of his recent play is related to that injury. He hasn't looked the same.

And for all the people saying that his offensive line is the reason...what did Romo or Dak do with our great offensive lines?

Everyone loves a winner. It's a story as old as the game its self. I remember when the Eagles were praying with Wentz. The moment he started losing all those feel good stories stopped. Again I'm only asking for time before I personally feel comfortable making that declaration.

Flamma

Reaction score
Hurts is likely to win MVP tonight and much more on Sunday.

I’d argue Hurts has definitely moved up the totem pole with MVP type season and first Super Bowl appearance .

What say you Cowboy fans …
I don't know what to think about Hurts until he's forced to pass to win a game. IMO Trey Lance and Justine Fields would have similar success on Philly. The team's gameplan relies heavily on the run game including the QB. Like the 2019 Ravens. Then pass the ball when teams are expecting, or cheating up against the run.

Lamar Jackson won MVP in 2019. His passing statistics were great, yet he's a better passer now.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
No one had the Eagles as a contender coming into the year. People thought they could compete if Hurts improved. He took a leap no one saw coming. And you can absolutely look at this season as a huge positive even if they lose in the SB. You can be disappointed in not finishing the job while also taking pride in what was accomplished.

Your statement about the best QB in the SB is also wrong. Tom Brady played better than Foles but the Eagles won. Burrow played better than Stafford but they lost. The best teams win the SuperBowl. Mahomes is a better QB and he’ll probably play better than Hurts but it doesn’t guarantee a win.
Well what are your thoughts about in the end, the best team wins? Any given Sunday? In the end Foles had a ring, Brady did not. Cowboys fans have become complacent, accepting things were better, we're almost there...etc, etc. The Eagles built their team around their QB this year, and gave him every single piece needed to succeed. The 9ers on the other hand had all the pieces needed to succeed, but they have failed miserably over the last number of years in having a quality QB, thinking they can plug n play at will. Also, the Eagles have many key FA's at the end of the year, so yeah, this is the year for them. Another point is that Patty is not 100% healthy, the game is for the taking. Everybody knows it is extremely difficult to get to the show the year following a Super Bowl experience......they went ALL in. And oh, they also can win the draft next year because of brilliant moves their GM has made

cnuball21

Reaction score
If you want to base it on this year it’s Hurtz. If you want to base it on last 3 years it’s Dak by a landslide.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Find me a playoff QB who played with less offensive talent than Jones did this year. I mean it was him & Saquan. Period.

We'll see how his career plays out .... but man they overachieved this season. They actually get a few weapons .... who knows.

mcmvp

Reaction score

I wasn’t a believer prior to this year either. Several Eagles fans are eating that same humble pie. He has impressed me. His work ethic is over the top. This was the first season he had the same offensive coach for a second straight season since he was in high school. He has improved as a player every year. Not sure how much more he can improve, but I feel happy about the fact that he is the kind of player to never feel complacent about where his game is. He always is striving to improve. They all say that…but they all don’t put the same effort into it. By all accounts, he is obsessed with improving

cnuball21

Reaction score
Dak actually has 2 playoff wins. There can be a valid debate about how Hurts has played better this season. But just wanted to point that out,
He also just “won” a game competing 15 passes for 125 yards.