Dont laugh.....

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
illone said:
Gibbs likes having three QB's. Bringing in Collins has nothing to do with Campbell or Brunell.

Ok buddy, listen here.

Before we got Bledsoe, we had TWO QB's. Maybe our coach likes to have three. Two plus one is three, ok? So Parcells wanted to bring in one QB. Instead of bringing in some scrub, so Romo/Henson could play, why not bring in a good one?

Now, even if we're bringing in another QB, it doesn't exactly say that both of our QB's suck, it'll just mean that depth is good, and Romo/Henson need more time, understandably, because they're still young.

edit// 1k, yippee.

illone

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
See that's what I mean by flawed knowledge. You know enough to come here and cause a little havoc, but not enough to sustain it.

Nobody on this site is honest enough about their own team. Maybe the guy above who said he'd be scared if either guy stepped on the field.

This isn't about my team vs. your team although I'd be scared as hell if Campbell was thrown into early duty.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
See that's what I mean by flawed knowledge. You know enough to come here and cause a little havoc, but not enough to sustain it.

illone said:
It's pretty clear to most that your backups are not good enough to even be backups.

WG - If I may add to your post... just the simple FACT that illone posted the above sentence gives that person no credibility. None. What are you basing that statement on? You have seen nothing.... even less than nothing from our backups.

superpunk

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
Before we got Bledsoe, we had TWO QB's. Maybe our coach likes to have three.

heh....

That Parcells and Gibbs and their crazy three QB depth charts.

What will those crazy kids come up with next?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
illone said:
Gibbs likes having three QB's. Bringing in Collins has nothing to do with Campbell or Brunell.
We could say the same thing, tho. Parcells likes having a clear cut starter who "gives him the best chance to win". Parcells bringing in Bledsoe had nothing to do w/Romo and Henson.

See how easy that was?

BTW, I noticed you didn't respond to the rest of my post. That's what happened when ignorance is exposed. ;) :)

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
illone said:
Nobody on this site is honest enough about their own team. Maybe the guy above who said he'd be scared if either guy stepped on the field.

This isn't about my team vs. your team although I'd be scared as hell if Campbell was thrown into early duty.

You'd be surprised. Maybe you're talking about your Extremeskins board.

Here's my stance on Romo/Henson:

They're young, and not ready to start yet. That doesn't mean they suck, it just means that they're not ready to start.

If you think that they suck because they can't start over a HOF-caliber QB, then I guess Campbell sucks because he can't start over noodle-arm.

gbrittain

Reaction score
(One) day when I was chillin' in Kentucky Fried Chicken
Just mindin' my business, eatin' food and finger lickin'
This dude walked in lookin' strange and kind of funny
Went up to the front with a menu and his money
He didn't walk straight, kind of side to side
He asked this old lady, "Yo, yo, um...is this Kentucky Fried?"
The lady said "Yeah", smiled and he smiled back
He gave a quarter and his order, small fries, Big Mac!
You be illone

(To)day you won a ticket to see Doctor J
Front row seat (in free!) no pay
Radio in hand, snacks by feet
Game's about to start, you kickin' popcorn to the beat
You finally wake up, Doc's gone to town
Round his back, through the hoop, then you scream "Touchdown!"
You be illone

The other day around the way I seen you illin' at a party
Drunk as skunk you illin' punk and in your left hand was Bacardi
You went up to this fly girl and said "Yo, yo, can I get this dance?"
She smelt your breath and then she left you standin' in your illin'
stance
You be illone

(For) dinner, you ate it, there is none left
It was salty, with butter and it was def
You proceeded to eat it cos you was in the mood
But holmes you did not read it was a can of dog food!
You be illone

illone

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
You'd be surprised. Maybe you're talking about your Extremeskins board.

Here's my stance on Romo/Henson:

They're young, and not ready to start yet. That doesn't mean they suck, it just means that they're not ready to start.

If you think that they suck because they can't start over a HOF-caliber QB, then I guess Campbell sucks because he can't start over noodle-arm.

To me it means they suck. If Campbell doesn't beat out Brunell by next season then he'll receive the same tag. It's ok, you can have your opinion and I'll have mine. You act as though the term 'suck' really hurts you.

Thin skin on this board.

Angus

Reaction score
Oh, ye of little faith. Where is the "I trust Bill" sentiment? If Parcells, with his penchent for bringing in over the hill vets if he thinks he needs to, believes the Cowboys' back-up situation is well covered without it, what makes you so sure he is wrong? It is useless to argue with Commanders fans who know nothing about the Cowboys' true situation, but it is just as useless to suppose a Cowboys fan's judgement about unproven people he hasn't seen in practice (but Parcells has) is of any greater worth than that of the Commanders fan. Neither of them knows what Bill Parcells knows about the situation. Parcells may not be right but his chances of being right are much, much greater than their's.

superpunk

Reaction score
illone said:
You act as though the term 'suck' really hurts you.

Actually, we just don't appreciate people spouting off like they know something, when they actually know next to nothing. Try coming with an informed opinion, or actually think what you're writing through next time. You'll be surprised how much more receptive we are when people don't act like complete maroons.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
illone said:
And you think it's your duty to inform the rest of us poor fans about our team? Please. :rolleyes:

Yes you'll find some homers on this site, but this is one of the more balanced Cowboys board out there. And in some cases, brutally so. We've got a thread going now about how Roy W may or may not be worth the $$ Ed Reed just got. There's no blind homerism going on in that thread.

It is about my team vs your team. You come onto a rival's board, spout off about said team as if you know what your talking about. And when your called on it because it's pointed out that the same logic could be applied to your own team, then you want to get sensitive and say, "Well, I just came to talk football."

We are talking football. We just don't agree with your logic or lack thereof. :)

gbrittain

Reaction score
illone said:
To me it means they suck. If Campbell doesn't beat out Brunell by next season then he'll receive the same tag. It's ok, you can have your opinion and I'll have mine. You act as though the term 'suck' really hurts you.

Thin skin on this board.

There you go with your thin skin crap again. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIN SKIN AND EVERY BIT TO DO WITH YOU MAKING UP STUFF AND ALL IN ALL MAKING NO SENSE.

Stop it already. If I said Portis sucks because he likes to play "dress up" then you might call me on it because playing dress up and performing on the field are two different things. My argument would carry no weight and you would call me on it. You calling me on it would not mean you have thin skin, it would mean I was seriously lacking in my reasoning skills. I am pretty sure this will go right over your head as well.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
illone said:

Thin skin on this board.

The term didn't hurt me, it's just totally baseless. Go back to extremeskins and plot some more crap with Art.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
For one or two games, Vinny might not be a bad option in a Jason Garrett-esque role. But, if Bledsoe is down for any longer, more than likely our season is over.

To be honest, I think it's time to see what Romo can do. The staff is obviously high on him. He's spent several years now just watching and learning. At some point, we have to see what he has.

And, for a game or two, it may be worth just testing him and seeing what we actually have in the kid, as opposed to bringing in some stop-gap option.

Is a mid-40s Testaverde really much better than the untested Romo? Even for just a game? I'm not so sure. He's more "proven," but that's not necessarily a good thing. Testaverde's still as mistake-prone as anyone out there.

illone

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
The term didn't hurt me, it's just totally baseless. Go back to extremeskins and plot some more crap with Art.

Fine. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings with my comments about your backup QBs sucking. I'll try to say things like: "wow, your backup QBs really don't give you a swell shot to win games this season, eh Beaver?"

See, to me, that's the exact same thing as sucking. tomaTOE tomaTOW

superpunk

Reaction score
Funny stuff here....

illone said:
You act as though the term 'suck' really hurts you.

That's like 15 posts ago. Followed by;

Dragon Cowboy said:
The term didn't hurt me, it's just totally baseless.

Followed by;

illone said:
Fine. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings with my comments about your backup QBs sucking.

Pull your head out of your......parka.....and read what is written, sparky.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
illone said:
Fine. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings with my comments about your backup QBs sucking. I'll try to say things like: "wow, your backup QBs really don't give you a swell shot to win games this season, eh Beaver?"

See, to me, that's the exact same thing as sucking. tomaTOE tomaTOW

How do you still not understand this? A two year old could understand what I've been saying...

Here goes...one more time...

I could care less about your opinion on the QB's (it's obvious you know nothing about this team or probably even yours), but if you say something totally wrong, I'm gonna call you out on it.

Quit being so immature just because we've proven that you're a load of crap.

illone

Reaction score
Still whining, superpunk?

I figured you'd still be on chapter one of the reading comprehension book.

Study up, mate. You need it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
illone said:
now it appears you guys are taking a look at Volek

This is big news! I have to give credit to a Commander fan for breaking this here.