Dov Kleiman - Mazi Smith missed making payments on his storage unit so they auctioned off his locker

Status
Not open for further replies.

shabazz

Reaction score
Do we ever do background checks?
I think if they did a background check it may be considered one of the "isms".....not sure which one it is though.

Best just to find out a players character after drafting them

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Immaturity at his age is kuckleheadedness.
At 22? Lol.. Nah, I've seen knuckleheadness. This ain't it. Irresponsible maybe, but knuckleheadness. He doesn't show signs of "Can't get right" to me.
It's being lazy, he could of easily paid for 5 years or got it put in his garage, gave it to charity just flat out lazy
Yeah... nah.. I disagree.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like semantics.
No, not all. Knuckleheadness to me, means you stay messing up in life. Like there's always something wrong attached to him that's dumb. I know people like that.

From a professional level, you can argue that all day, because that's something we can see.

But from a personal level, we don't see him messing up off the field. There's nothing off the field he's done that's shown he's a knucklehead.

And as far as I can tell, this is literally the only thing he's been in the news for as something dumb.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because he is not smart
He is an oaf. All the signs are there.
Yet I bet you boys long for the days of Michael Irvin, Charles Haley, Eric Williams, Leon Lett, Nate Newton, Ect Ect who did much much dumber and illegal things than not paying for his storage unit.

Its the height of hypocrisy, and Its shows who is really the "not smart oafs".

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
Get him a team of handlers.....each one to handle bills, shopping, waking up on time, video game buddy, guy to pick up fast food, and the all important guy to handle all the NDA's to keep him out of jail

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
More important question, why are we taking anything Dov says seriously? He strikes me as the Philadelphia Inquirer of Sports.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I have no issues poking fun at a professional athlete when these types of things happen....even oddly enjoy it to a small extent. That said I have to believe this is not a huge deal. Based on the video posted the Tiktocker mostly films from the midwest so I would assume this is a Michigan area storage unit. Often times guys are drafted and a couple days later they're on a plane to visit the team that drafted them. It's not uncommon to have friends/family take care of your current stuff and get the storage lockers set up as the athletes are 1000 miles away meeting with the team, figuring out where they are going to live during the season, etc. I have to believe it's very possibly that even if Mazi was paying for the unit someone local had their contact info on file instead of Mazi. If a card on file expired or something of that nature Mazi may not have even been aware. Plus storage lockers depending on the state typically get auctioned off at 60 days of non payment so these guys don't mess around.

This is a miss by Mazi somewhere in the process, but I wouldn't rake the guy over the coals for this incident. Pretty minor in the grand scheme with the only real victim being himself.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
What demographic would that be?
Fat defensive Tackles that were picked 3 rounds before they should have been by senile ego maniac owners that urinate in their own pants frequently?

Seems like a pretty small demo to me

Not sure what other demographic he could be referring to.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hey, it reveals something about the character and reliability of the person. Follow through, take care of the details. That's legitimate, and part of growing up. At 21 or 22 years old... those things need to be in place, so that your team can count on you. So, yes, it's a big deal.
It also reveals the character of each poster. Quick to comment, slow in thinking.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stop drafting stupid people

idc what their combine # or sparq score just stop drafting stupid dumb people please!

I known some smart to not so stupid people that have made worse decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.