Signed by Cowboys Dunbar re-signs ** One Year $1.75M **

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He's not stopping progress for a 3rd string RB for crying out loud. We'll bring in a rookie to pair with McFadden, and use Dunbar in patterns like we want to. He's a flexible player. This is a good thing.

He is coming off a significant injury.

This is the kind of player you move on from. And if he does okay some place else, good for him.

He was not elite. Ever.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
When we see the contract it better be incentive heavy.
Heard Broaddus say yesterday that he is still a ways away from being healthy. Yes, we have to draft a backup runner. This is Dunbar's last chance, he has to stay healthy whenever he comes back. Don't hate the player, or resigning him. Just makes me feel - Meh...

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
I don't hate him. But when he walks on the field, we all know what's coming. One dimensional. Cheap though, so, whatever.

Daillest88

Reaction score
When we see the contract it better be incentive heavy.
Heard Broaddus say yesterday that he is still a ways away from being healthy. Yes, we have to draft a backup runner. This is Dunbar's last chance, he has to stay healthy whenever he comes back. Don't hate the player, or resigning him. Just makes me feel - Meh...

And that's the problem. He can't stay healthy, good player but if he's far away from being healthy why waste our time??

rpntex

Reaction score
2 1/2 with no Bryant. It was by design.

You might want to tke a look at the first hald of the first Giants game - before Dez was injured. Before Dez went out, Dunbar had already caught 7 balls for 45 yards. So yes, it was by design...it was by design both with and without Dez.

rpntex

Reaction score
No, the misunderstanding is you. He is going out downfield as a wr. Being targeted as a wr. You have your view, I mine. Let's move on.

I'm glad to move on, once you answer my question...how is he holding back a backup RB?

rynochop

Reaction score
Absolutely. Tyler Ervin could be selected in the middle rounds and be superior and gosh, look there, able to stay healthy.

I think some of you guys need to take a gander at last years 'deepest running back draft ever' rushing yards. McFadden out rushed all of them but Gurley by like 50 yards.

That very deep rb class was pretty horrible, so throwing a dart at a guy in the third round doesn't exactly work.

I know everyone just loves the rookie, but look at the numbers

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I'm glad to move on, once you answer my question...how is he holding back a backup RB?

You have not watched this team's roster management enough.

When we feel something is "set" ("The roster is set"). We draft to need. Not next year, this year.

The problem with assigning a "scatback" as an integral part of your offensive design means that if that player falls out, you are really scrambling.

And if that player has a specific skill set, and they go down and you have no replacement, you have a real problem. Just like last year.

He was the "Reggie Bush". Or for the old school folks, "Mo Williams" from Linehan's Minnesota days.

He is not reliable. Why sign him back? And then because he is on the roster, take the chance on replicating the very same mistake again?

Get someone more reliable.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
No risk here whatsoever. Cheap deal, no long term committment.

PAINFROMUKRAINE

Reaction score
Without knowing the full details of his Salary, I would have just offered the Veteran Minimum. He cannot play a full season and we may have to pay him for a full year's Salary while being on IR once again. Just move on. He is injury prone. I would rather have a UDFA or a Draft Pick Rookie for 1/4 the Salary. This is a waste of a spot of the IR List . I hope he gets cut before he gets injured or before the end of training camp.