Eagles Are Way Overrated

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I'm going to resist the urge to agree since the Cowboys are about to run a gauntlet of good teams and we're hanging our hat on a solitary victory over a 6-5 team. There's a good chance the Eagles are not alone in the "overated" club.
I agree wholeheartedly, but the entire league is overrated. So teams with the most wins are rated about right even if they are overrated in comparison to teams of the past. There are no juggernauts, anymore. It's obvious San Francisco right now is the best team. They slaughtered us and the Eagles alike.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Say what you want everyone has their own opinion, but mine is they are overrated as well. They literally could have had 4 losses in a row, I haven’t been impressed with them all year, their luck ran out this week and I wouldn’t be surprised to see us beat them and even Seattle after that!
But they beat us and we would’ve lost to Seattle at home if Lockett doesn’t drop that pass. We can play the “they should’ve lost those games” with almost every team in the league, including us.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I don't think the Eagles are overrated at all. They're a good team. If anything, if/when the Cowboys win this Sunday, they are basically the same as the Cowboys. Eagles get an edge on the OL and DL, Cowboys edge on QB, Secondary. Wash on WRs.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yep, Hurts looks to have developed the shakes when pressure. He needs to run or get rid of the ball. Waiting for somebody to get open, and then taking a sack is killing them. They are not as good this year without their last year's OC.

Reaction score
I don't think the Eagles are overrated at all. They're a good team. If anything, if/when the Cowboys win this Sunday, they are basically the same as the Cowboys. Eagles get an edge on the OL and DL, Cowboys edge on QB, Secondary. Wash on WRs.
Now that The Cowboys will be playing the good teams watch Dak's numbers go down.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yup

SF might be the best and most complete team I've seen since the 2015 Panthers.

I'm really having a hard time thinking of another team with that much depth on the DL, playmakers at LB and in the secondary, and having a litany of weapons on offense.

Their supposed weakness, the OL, just mollywhopped arguably the best DL in the NFL.
I didn’t think the 2015 Panthers were nearly as good as their record. They were ranked 11th on offense and sixth defensively. That team was all about Cam Newton, who had an MVP season. Once Denver got to him in the Super Bowl that game was over. This San Francisco team is much better even though their record won’t be as good as Carolinas. They’re ranked in the top five both offensively and defensively. They’re a complete team that’s not being pulled along by their QB. No one is going to beat them, especially at home in the playoffs if they continue to play like this. They’ve completely dominated two of the best teams in the NFC us and Philly. To go to Philly and manhandle them the way they did was very impressive.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Lol. You’re assuming that the calls/inches really made a difference. Butterfly effect. They still could’ve won those games.

If we played their schedule, I strongly suspect that we would have a worse record… Probably much worse given that we haven’t really played anyone this year … other than Philly once.

So keep pumping yourself up… but when you point to luck/referees to explain a rivals success, you lessen yourself…
Nah. SF is legitimate good. I doubt Dallas can beat them. Philly was really good last year and deserved to go as far as they did. I have no issue with acknowledging reality nor admitting a rival is good.

Philadelphia is not good this year. They are one of those fluke teams that always comes crashing down.

Personally, I'm more worried about the @Buffalo game than Philly. They are the opposite of Philadelphia. Much better than their record and could go on a run.

Nav22

Reaction score
Agree, we should win, (the Eagles weakness in the secondary and covering LB's, will/should allow Dak to feast up the middle) the problem is this over confidence from the fan base, this is akin to the feeling post Bucc's play-off win.

We arent in any position to crow about a defeat against the 9ers and the Eagles did come back with a good win against Miami the week following their other loss.
I remember that Miami game well.

Penalties:
10 vs Miami, 0 vs Philly
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
They may be 10-2 but their margin of victory combined for the season is 41 points. Sure they beat the Cowboys at home but several bad calls by the refs in part doomed the Cowboys. Niners are probably the best team in the league. I feel the Cowboys will beat Philly at home. That would put both teams at 10-3 in a dogfight for the east. I doubt Niners get beat again but the 2nd seed at home would be ok too. Better than the 5th seed for sure. So maybe with a little luck the Cowboys could win the division or hopefully at least the 2nd seed.
This sounds more like a small kid that is afraid of the dark and is keeping his eyes shut to not realize it.

kskboys

Reaction score
AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, and Dallas Goedert? IDK, man that's a strong group.

Thing is, our QB is a much much better passer than Hurts, so it really evens it out.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I didn’t think the 2015 Panthers were nearly as good as their record. They were ranked 11th on offense and sixth defensively. That team was all about Cam Newton, who had an MVP season. Once Denver got to him in the Super Bowl that game was over. This San Francisco team is much better even though their record won’t be as good as Carolinas. They’re ranked in the top five both offensively and defensively. They’re a complete team that’s not being pulled along by their QB. No one is going to beat them, especially at home in the playoffs if they continue to play like this. They’ve completely dominated two of the best teams in the NFC us and Philly. To go to Philly and manhandle them the way they did was very impressive.
Right. To be fair, I’m just having a hard time thinking of such a well rounded team in the last few years.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
But they beat us and we would’ve lost to Seattle at home if Lockett doesn’t drop that pass. We can play the “they should’ve lost those games” with almost every team in the league, including us.
We would have beat the Eagles if this and that. I can play that game to.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Nah. SF is legitimate good. I doubt Dallas can beat them. Philly was really good last year and deserved to go as far as they did. I have no issue with acknowledging reality nor admitting a rival is good.

Philadelphia is not good this year. They are one of those fluke teams that always comes crashing down.

Personally, I'm more worried about the @Buffalo game than Philly. They are the opposite of Philadelphia. Much better than their record and could go on a run.
I could buy into the fluke part if it wasn’t for last year… This is 90% of the same roster that went to the Super Bowl… If they get their crap together, watch out.

Fastphilly

Reaction score
I’d say the Eagles are a bit overrated.

They have put themselves in first half deficits on a number of occasions in recent weeks and you can’t expect to come out on top spotting teams halftime leads.

Against KC, multiple drops and a key drop at the end of the game in the end zone that was in MVS hands was dropped which would have resulted in a KC win.

Last week it was a 61 yard FG in the rain at the end of regulation to push the game into OT against the Bills.

They are a good team but have a glaring weakness in the middle (linebackers), and on offense is a lack of a running game. They are beatable. I’m a Cowboy fan Sunday Night lol.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This would have happened last year had Purdy not gotten hurt and they had zero after him to take his place. Eagles had the easiest cakewalk to the Super Bowl I have ever seen a team get. Extremely fortunate they didn't play a team with a pulse, this rarely ever happens. And they get to the Super Bowl, Hurts fumbled away their chances. And their defense didn't make one single play all 2nd half.

Their secondary is extremely suspect. Dak had his way against them, as have many other QBs. Dak usually plays well against the Eagles.

Flamma

Reaction score
Philly isn't overrated like the Vikings were last year. They are a much better team than that. But the Eagles are the same team they were last year.