Eagles hire Kellen Moore as OC

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The Dolphin defense is glad Fangio is gone. If the players in Miami hated him, I can imagine how much the Eagles are going to hate him.
If you believe Desai/Patricia as DC and Brian Johnson as OC is better than Fangio & Moore then the Eagles have made real stupid changes. After tailing off in the last six weeks of the regular season and getting smoked in the wild card round of the playoffs it would have been smarter to keep the coaching staff very much the same. Just “run it back”, so to speak. Roseman is not a genius.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
FYI.......here's some early insight on Fangio's exit from the Dolphins. It appears he was lost the locker room a bit......

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/26/c...-critical-point-dan-quinn-seahawks-commanders
• We’ll have more on this Monday, but the split between the Miami Dolphins and Vic Fangio, as Jevon Holland’s Instagram missive would indicate, wasn’t altogether clean. Fangio insisted on being the lone voice in the defensive room, something that chafed other coaches and, in time, led the venerable defensive play-caller losing some of his players.

triplets_93

Reaction score
The Philadelphia Eagles have hired Vic Fangio to be their defensive coordinator, the team announced Saturday.

Fangio spent the past season with Miami in the same role. He finished 2022 as a consultant for the Eagles.

“Vic’s reputation obviously speaks for itself,” Eagles coach Nick Sirianni said. “He’s a brilliant defensive mind who has coached at a very high level in this league for many years. In my time spent with Vic, I’ve seen firsthand what makes him such a great coach — tremendous knowledge of the game, passion, and work ethic. I’m excited for our coaches and players to be able to learn from him and see it for themselves.”

The Eagles fired defensive coordinator Sean Desai last week after one season. Senior assistant Matt Patricia took over play calling duties from Desai in December. He also won’t return.

https://apnews.com/article/eagle-fangio-defensive-coordinator-24b7ed3385e216a89ee5a7cc6c602391

Interesting having a last name of "Patricia"... I wonder how that was growing up when others heard a male being called Patricia, not knowing that was his last name...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So, they will be learning a new offense and defense for the 2nd time in 2 years. Look for them to get off to a slow start......

leeblair

Reaction score

I don't know what happened in Philadelphia at the end of this past season, but I do know that they were 10-1 at one point.
Kellen Moore will have the players to run a top offense, and I think he will do a great job.
I never thought the Eagles offense was great, and I thought they were getting by simply because of the wickednesses of their opponents. But you can be assured that their offense will be more dangerous under Moore.

Asklesko

Reaction score
NooOoooOOOo kellen was supposed to return to Dallas to lay in wait for McCarthy's job shucks

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Kellen produced top five offenses. That a division rival (one that has actually contended with this team in recent history unlike the other two) to hire him isn’t the shot against him that some people think it is. I guess we’ll see if Hurts is better or worse than Dak at running Kellen’s offense.

CWR

Reaction score
He took on another job with a lame duck coach. If Siriani gets fired then I won't feel sorry for Kellen
I wonder if he learned from the JG school of sabotage? I'd like to give KM credit for being a better person, but that coaching tree is questionable.

GINeric

Reaction score
Kellen produced top five offenses. That a division rival (one that has actually contended with this team in recent history unlike the other two) to hire him isn’t the shot against him that some people think it is. I guess we’ll see if Hurts is better or worse than Dak at running Kellen’s offense.

Dak and Hurts can't be compared by being coached by Kellen Moore unless Dak had their offensive line, their receivers and their running game.

It's two different groups of offensive personnel. No matter how good or bad Hurts does under Moore, it's not a clean cut comparison.

Hadenough

Reaction score
This is great! Moore's revenge to Jerry! Only two games he will game plan for will be against Dallas.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Good for us lol. But weird move in any way. Wonder what's their strategy behind this.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Fangio has had Dak’s number. He is far and away the best DC they have rolled out there in a long time.

Kellen is a strange OC hire for them. I don’t see how his philosophy is a fit for their QB, but there is talent on that roster— no doubt.

They failed and opted for an overhaul at the key coordinator levels.

We failed and are hoping to keep the band together and maintain the status quo.

Pretty much sums up the difference in philosophy between these two FOs.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
Howie seems to care more about trying to stick it to the Cowboys or making coordinators moves he specifically believes will give him an edge over the Cowboys. And that seems to be care more about a singular team than whether or not Kellen Moore is the best fitting for Jalen Hurts, after Hurts already had one season in which he regressed due to needing a certain style of offense ran in order for him to be effective as a QB.
I would assume Nick Sirianni is hiring his assistants, not Howie.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen is definitely going to have to adapt..
This will be the biggest test ever for him.