Eagles hire Kellen Moore as OC

DZSierra

Reaction score
Say what you will about the moving of coaches on the Eagles side. Honestly, kind of scratching my head over all the moves they are making.

That said, as much as we can laugh about the musical chairs on the Eagles side, they had a major let down at the end of the season after starting 10-1 and were one and out after the first playoff game.

Either changes needed to be made for whatever reason or they didn't need to be made, from the outside, we will never know.

Apparently, the ownership and leadership of that team feels changes do need to be made.

I will give them some credit because you knew heads would roll in Philly after they fell off the earth, and they did.

In the meantime, on the Cowboys sides, we have a great team and hopefully we have another great chance to make it hopefully past the first round in the playoffs next year so no major changes needs to be made (I'm being somewhat sarcastic there LOL).

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Just another coach looking for a job no big deal.I am just surprised he chose Philly from all places.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Say what you will about the moving of coaches on the Eagles side. Honestly, kind of scratching my head over all the moves they are making.

That said, as much as we can laugh about the musical chairs on the Eagles side, they had a major let down at the end of the season after starting 10-1 and were one and out after the first playoff game.

Either changes needed to be made for whatever reason or they didn't need to be made, from the outside, we will never know.

Apparently, the ownership and leadership of that team feels changes do need to be made.

I will give them some credit because you knew heads would roll in Philly after they fell off the earth, and they did.

In the meantime, on the Cowboys sides, we have a great team and hopefully we have another great chance to make it hopefully past the first round in the playoffs next year so no major changes needs to be made (I'm being somewhat sarcastic there LOL).
Heads didn’t roll though lol. Sirianni was the issue and he’s still there. Now it’s even worse. Why does an offensive minded head coach need a OC? It’s his offense. This is where I give Mike credit. He stood up and said this is on me I’m gonna run the offense.

They did the easy thing. Ownership just cut Sirianni balls off…not good.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He was suppose to be good for the Chargers and Herbert. Yet it seems like Harbaugh may not have been keen on keeping him around.
Advantage Dallas in this Eagles blunder. We should be rejoicing as Cowboys fans.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This will be most interesting as Kellen knows a lot about our offense.
Hey, Vic what exactly did you ask me?????
Oh, that guy well these are his major mental and physical blocks.
Thank you Kellen already got his number now I'm gonna feast.................
P.S. Hey Kellen just one more question..............Do you go Deer hunting in the winter? :muttley:

btgboys41

Reaction score
One of the more delusional threads I’ve seen. So much wish casting.

The implication of coach Sirianni being the problem. First three years was in playoffs all three and made it to a Super Bowl. They thought the season crapped out and are making changes at the top.

They added Kellen who had a better year calling offense with Dallas in 2022 than Coach Mac in 2023 who Dallas kept. Dallas is running this crap back and Eagles making changes and most of you are pointing fingers at Philly?

Most of you got suckered when Jerry and the coach told you they got rid of Kellen so they could be more effective running the ball and controlling the game. You got sucked. Same record in 2022 and 2023. 2022 had 5 weeks of backup QB and they were own out 1-2 times though not in playoffs. 2023 they got blown out 4 times including the embarrassing playoff game.

The last three years, who’s results would you rather have, Siranni’s or Coach Mac’s?

lol.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Heads didn’t roll though lol. Sirianni was the issue and he’s still there. Now it’s even worse. Why does an offensive minded head coach need a OC? It’s his offense. This is where I give Mike credit. He stood up and said this is on me I’m gonna run the offense.

They did the easy thing. Ownership just cut Sirianni balls off…not good.
Not saying what the Eagles did was the right thing, but just that changes needed to be made. Generally you don't remove a head coach one year after a superbow appearance, added the fact that (and I could be wrong) was the eagles lost some key coaches going into 2023 which actually did hurt them (again, could be wrong).

DZSierra

Reaction score
Also i think Philly is a toxic place with a lame duck coach at this stage.
Perhaps just me, but I see philly as a place where if you don't produce, you have a good chance you won't be back next year.

Don't get me wrong, perhaps philly can go overboard with that philosphy on the higher end of the spectrum, but I do think the cowboys are on the very low end of that same spectrum (as far as personnel changes).

Having lived in NC for over 20 years now, with the panthers I can see firsthand how sometimes the "team" just isn't a good fit for the player or coach, and they can thrive elsewhere.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's odd that Sirianni gets a pass. If the Eagles were going to change out the coaching staff they might as well have changed the entire staff.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
What a bizarre hiring. I don't see how Kellen's offense works with Hurts at all.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It's odd that Sirianni gets a pass. If the Eagles were going to change out the coaching staff they might as well have changed the entire staff.
They did make the Super Bowl just 11 months ago. Im not saying he's Don Shula, but the front office is trusting that he can right the ship with new coordinators given the team's success in 2022.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Can anybody troll the Iggles boards after this masterpiece?
***Note to Mods: I had to edit quotes for language, as the board algorithm won't do it on cut/paste lines. I'm not trying to get around the board filters.***

Looking at the Eagles reddit thread on this, they are happy! They are praising Moore AND Dak. Here is a selection that sets the mood:

"Moore gonna win a SB in Philly and put Cowboy fans in shambles"

"We will actually see motion and Jalen under center"

"Johnson/Desai to Moore/Fangio is a f***ing godsend."

"I like it, Moore's constructed some good offenses, is an experienced play caller and actually uses motion and has more than 5 plays in his playbook."

"His biggest weakness is protection schemes but that shouldn’t be an issue with Stoutland at the helm of our OL"

"What I remember cowboys fans crying about most was how he would run it predictably on 1st and 2nd down. To that I say please do that here lmao that’s what we need"

" I think the Eagles offense will be a beast with him at the helm this season. LFG"

"Now Kellen Moore has to teach the Brian Johnson out of Hurts"

"I've been saying he was great in Dallas for years. Then I said he'd be amazing at the Chargers. Their season got f***ed by injuries and a HC disaster. And now he f***ing falls in OUR lap of any team."

"Kellen Moore shoots to the top of of odds to be the next head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles"

"He's running the team by Week 8...book it"

"That's really all we need right now though. The amount of talent we have on offense, even with players leaving this off season, is pretty incredible. The scheme was holding them back a ton this season and a mediocre play caller would have gotten us the #1 seed."

"I really like it, we got 2 coordinators that have experience and have a track record. Moore doesn’t need Sirianni to run the offense, he’s been doing this and he doesn’t have to learn on the job like we saw this year."

"They're still operating under the delusion that it was Moore's fault that they kept collapsing and not McCarthy's. Or at least, they kinda have to operate under that delusion at this point because only one of them is still there."

Have at it boys!

Cmac

Reaction score
Tush push has just got tossed out the playbook.