Twitter: Earl out here teasing us

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Earl just started to follow the cowboys on Twitter... (all the earl thomas fanboys currently start fanning eyes with hands). Smh. I hope we get him but man oh man some of y'all need to chill. He really did start following them though.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Earl just started to follow the cowboys on Twitter... (all the earl thomas fanboys currently start fanning eyes with hands). Smh. I hope we get him but man oh man some of y'all need to chill. He really did start following them though.
That’s it, contract done today. Lol. Funny he has started following them though. He is pushing the boundary.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I agree Glimmerman, kind of unheard of for a player to lobby this hard to go to a certain team especially professing his love for the franchise.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
That’s it, contract done today. Lol. Funny he has started following them though. He is pushing the boundary.

When does camp start for Seattle? I say it gets done the day before or within three days of their camp starting. I don’t even think the contract is an issue or they wouldn’t have tried to trade for him during the draft. They know what they will have to pay him. I think it’s all in the compensation.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’m making the case that something that reportedly happened (Cowboys expressing serious interest in a trade for ET during the draft) is evidence that that same thing might still be the case.

Dallas’ interest level doesn’t need to change at all if what SEA is willing to accept in trade changes. And what SEA is willing to accept in trade could legitimately change as a result of ET’s holdout.

At some point it might be worth it to them to make the trade and move on.
Reportedly? Reports of interest are about as useful as your speculation, which both amount to nothing. Let's stick with what actually happened. Nothing happened during the draft to get ET on this team. Nothing will happen after the draft to get ET on this team... this season. Nothing is changing in Seattle as a result of ET's holdout. It's all a bunch of nothing.

glimmerman

Reaction score
When does camp start for Seattle? I say it gets done the day before or within three days of their camp starting. I don’t even think the contract is an issue or they wouldn’t have tried to trade for him during the draft. They know what they will have to pay him. I think it’s all in the compensation.
Yeah and Dallas won’t give up a 2nd round pick. ET is making it so the seahags just want him gone.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I don’t agree with him holding out over the contract that he signed. And is gonna pay him 8.5 million in his last year. If he wants a extension then ask. But contract negotiations I can understand. Every player wants to get all he can. Would like to know his current status with him and his teammates in the locker room.
I get it if he was 25 and on the last year of his rookie deal making 850k. I still think holding out is a selfish me first attitude and has no place in a team sport. Agree though they should get what they deserve bit like you said ask. If you’re under contract show up and do your job.

Dre11

Reaction score
He’s a whiner at the end of his career who is under contract yet sitting out. A good leader shows up to work when he is supposed to imo. He doesn’t need to come to this young team setting that type of an example, five years ago heck yeah now nope. Again use his money on a young guy like Lawrence.

He’s not whining, he told them his demands as he should in the last year of a contract. It’s no different than any other player. He’ll come to this team as a great leader. He’s handling his business side and that’s part of the nfl.

J12B

Reaction score
The more and more he talks about wanting to play for Dallas the more I hope we do not trade for him. I see it in the best interest of this team to sign him in free agency next off season and keep whatever draft pick or picks for the 2019 draft.

Let's roll with who we have and wait for next off season. Thomas may even take a team friendly deal to come play here and possibly finish out his career.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I doubt Dallas is likely to bite on what Seattle wants and what Earl wants as a contract also. I'll be fine going with Xavier Woods.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I get it if he was 25 and on the last year of his rookie deal making 850k. I still think holding out is a selfish me first attitude and has no place in a team sport. Agree though they should get what they deserve bit like you said ask. If you’re under contract show up and do your job.
I agree. Yes it’s very selfish in a team sport. If it’s your first big contract after the rookie deal then I better understand, that’s where a lot of stars of the game make a big chunk. Prime earning years. If your not a high 1st rounder then the rookie deal is peanuts compared to what other big time players are making. So that second deal is important. Dez did it and we just went through it with one of our O-Linemen. They didn’t hold out and most don’t because teams are anxious to get it done.

That second contract maybe tricky. Sometimes they throw money at you if your still playing at a high level and they love you. ET has only played for the seahags and has already made 47 million. Will have made 55 if he plays for his 8.5 this year. So yeah I think it’s selfish on his part. I do think he knows this last deal will be his last deal and he is a huge Cowboys fan and wants to end his career with us. But he also wants to make too dollar in the mean while (can’t blame him for that).

I could take him or leave him. I know he would be a great pick up and player for our secondary and would help our young players in a scheme being set up by his own secondary coach from seahags. Not so much as a example. He maybe a good team mate but look at what he did in front of his own team after the game we played. He chances our HC in the tunnel and tells him to come get him. He didn’t know his secondary coach was coming to work for us. He was already setting up to try to come here knowing he was only gonna get a measly 8.5 mil this year.

JustChip

Reaction score
The most important question whether to trade for him now or wait until FA next year is if having him this year vaults us to SB contention. No doubt he makes a positive difference in this D, but does he alone make us a SB contender? I'm not so sure. Another year of good drafting and then signing him FA makes more sense than giving up a premium pick (and a 3rd is premium) to have him this year. Plus, he's not played a full season the past 2 seasons, including hammie issues, so you have another season to see if it's an ongoing issue due to age. Now, if you had a crystal ball and could guarantee we win the SB this year with him, I'd be willing to trade a 1st to get him.

erod

Reaction score
Seattle camp, every day.

"So coach, what do you make of Earl Thomas following the Cowboys on Twitter?"

"So coach, did you know Earl Thomas rushed home from practice to catch Cowboys games on TV?"

"So coach, why did Earl Thomas approach Jason Garrett after you won in Dallas last year and tell him to come get him?"

Every day. Drip, drip, drip. HUGE distraction, even if Thomas practices hard and avoids the media.

But what if Thomas speaks openly about wanting to be traded? That makes it even worse.

Seattle knows they'd be best off to trade him, but they have no leverage because Thomas only wants to play here, and everybody knows it. Other teams won't offer anything, and Dallas won't offer much.

This could derail the Seahawks season early. They are mad, and don't know what to do.

Meanwhile, Dallas just sits and waits.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The most important question whether to trade for him now or wait until FA next year is if having him this year vaults us to SB contention. No doubt he makes a positive difference in this D, but does he alone make us a SB contender? I'm not so sure. Another year of good drafting and then signing him FA makes more sense than giving up a premium pick (and a 3rd is premium) to have him this year. Plus, he's not played a full season the past 2 seasons, including hammie issues, so you have another season to see if it's an ongoing issue due to age. Now, if you had a crystal ball and could guarantee we win the SB this year with him, I'd be willing to trade a 1st to get him.
if we wait we risk 2 things. One, ET will be a year older. SECONDLY, there is no guarantee he wont sign an extension with Seattle.Meaning, we lose out on him altogether. Waiting isn't an option. Seattle is backed into a corner. Something will happen soon with camps opening up.

J12B

Reaction score
Perhaps they could trade him for a 2019 3rd round pick and a conditional 2020 pick. For example a 4th rounder if he plays in 14 games or 85% of snaps. If he plays less, then the pick becomes lower as his playing time decreases.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Seattle camp, every day.

"So coach, what do you make of Earl Thomas following the Cowboys on Twitter?"

"So coach, did you know Earl Thomas rushed home from practice to catch Cowboys games on TV?"

"So coach, why did Earl Thomas approach Jason Garrett after you won in Dallas last year and tell him to come get him?"

Every day. Drip, drip, drip. HUGE distraction, even if Thomas practices hard and avoids the media.

But what if Thomas speaks openly about wanting to be traded? That makes it even worse.

Seattle knows they'd be best off to trade him, but they have no leverage because Thomas only wants to play here, and everybody knows it. Other teams won't offer anything, and Dallas won't offer much.

This could derail the Seahawks season early. They are mad, and don't know what to do.

Meanwhile, Dallas just sits and waits.
^^^^^^^^^^^THIS BE 100% TRUE^^^^^^^ That's why Seattle will budge very soon.