Reaction score
OMG HE LIKED THE BOYZ ON INSTAGRAM THIS IS HAPPENING

DiResta

Reaction score
Because at this point ET would just be a progress stopper to Xman Woods
tenor.gif

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
not happening without Kris Richard there. Not to mention a mass exodus of good players that covered up Pete's "coaching" style.
All I know is that Seattle was a struggling team until Carroll showed up. Didn't take him 8 years to build a winner. I bet it don't take him 8 more years to rebuild and Seattle's owners wouldn't wait that long anyway.

Rayman70

Reaction score
All I know is that Seattle was a struggling team until Carroll showed up. Didn't take him 8 years to build a winner. I bet it don't take him 8 more years to rebuild and Seattle's owners wouldn't wait that long anyway.
Not saying he's a poor coach at all. The amount of player changeover in Seattle is staggering. What I AM saying is, his message gets old,and with new unproven players..AND the key to the defense (Kris Richard)..lets just find out how good Pete is in 2018. Offense will be ok..its the defense that looks void of talent.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because at this point ET would just be a progress stopper to Xman Woods. Woods will get a chance in the preseason to prove they don't need to waste resources on ET. Woods won't disappoint.

None of that has any bearing on the possibility of it happening. we know already the Cowboys at least have interest.

You‘re just describing why you don’t want him. That’s fine. But its not what we’re debating here.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
None of that has any bearing on the possibility of it happening.
It kind of does.

Since the recent organizational mantra is "we like what we have" what exactly makes you think they do a U-turn on the course that has been plotted?

I just think a lot of fans are afraid to admit they are going full speed ahead with their plan. Like it or not.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It kind of does.

Since the recent organizational mantra is "we like what we have" what exactly makes you think they do a U-turn on the course that has been plotted?

I just think a lot of fans are afraid to admit they are going full speed ahead with their plan. Like it or not.

I’ve said already ET ending up here is unlikely, for some of the reasons you’re alluding to, though I don’t agree with your characterization of the mantra. They’d bring him in happily if the numbers would work.

I don’t think fans are reading into anything at all. They’re just reacting to what would be a possible big and expensive player acquisition at a position of relative need. Even if the chance of it happening is remote, it’s still fun to debate.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If ET doesn’t land here he will need to unfollow this team!!!
I still don't understand why people can't separate his fanhood from reality.

He could be the greatest Cowboys fan of all time. It still is not going to impact the situation unless he values his fanhood to the point where he costs himself game checks.

And money will always win.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is bordering on masochism at this stage. I guess that is fun for some.

Easy enough to avoid the speculation if it bothers you.

As long as there’s a reasonable probability, of course it’s going to continue. That’s what forums are all about.

RodeoJake

Reaction score

He could be the greatest Cowboys fan of all time. It still is not going to impact the situation unless he values his fanhood to the point where he costs himself game checks.

Money doesn't always win, hoss. The heart usually wins over money.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score

The reality is that he plays professionally on another NFC team and he is paid millions by that organization. If I am that front office I would have to let him know that doesn’t sit well with the team. What if Zeke did that and ran to another teams locker room to tell the head coach to sign him after we beat that team. I wouldn’t be a fan of Zeke personally if that happened.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
None of that has any bearing on the possibility of it happening. we know already the Cowboys at least have interest.

You‘re just describing why you don’t want him. That’s fine. But its not what we’re debating here.
Reasons I don't want him are the same reasons the Cowboys will keep their powder dry for now. He'll be there later in the year if Woods doesn't work out. We go to Seattle week 3, maybe we come back with him. Acquiring him now is just a "no go".

silver

Reaction score
He'll end up here ans will eat a lot of our cap space but we're not spending a bunch of draft picks on him. JJ hasn't wasted major draft picks since the Roy Wlliams trade. It took him 20 years but he learnned how the league works. In the words of Lindsay Buckinham:

Been down one time
Been down two times
I'm never going back again