Early Game Thread

Aven8

Reaction score
We weren't about to trade up for Wentz, not with this FO. Remember Romo was going to play another 4-5 years at that time, lol. They were going all in for him and only got Dak as a developmental QB.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
We weren't about to trade up for Wentz, not with this FO. Remember Romo was going to play another 4-5 years at that time, lol. They were going all in for him and only got Dak as a developmental QB.
Honestly, credit to the FO for finding the ROY with a compensatory fourth rounder

roughneck266

Reaction score
alice-gif.gif
You get points for having Alice Cooper in a gif. :bow:

TWOK11

Reaction score
It's easy to be anti-Eagles. We're on a Cowboys board for Christ sake. It's hard to sound anti-Eagles when you honestly look at how they are playing right now.

It's one thing to acknowledge that a good team is in fact good.

What we've seen the last several weeks on this board borders on hero worship though. A bunch of grown men have been tripping over each to label the Eagles NFC champions in November and go on and on about how much they'd rather have Wentz, Pederson, etc. than what we have.

I'm actually surprised some of you come up for air long enough to type out such posts.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
It's one thing to acknowledge that a good team is in fact good.

What we've seen the last several weeks on this board borders on hero worship though. A bunch of grown men have been tripping over each to label the Eagles NFC champions in November and go on and on about how much they'd rather have Wentz, Pederson, etc. than what we have.

I'm actually surprised some of you come up for air long enough to type out such posts.
I agree with you. I can't speak for anyone else here.

Aven8

Reaction score
On another note with Philly, it's not just Wentz. It's smart moves they have made post Chip Kelly. Pederson and Swartz were great hires as well. They are loaded on both sides now because of smart organized moves.

TWOK11

Reaction score

So instead of trading away multiple picks to get Wentz, we got the NFL ROY in the 4th round?

And you somehow believe that constitutes a negative?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You do realize Wentz was taken 2 picks before Zeke right? The cowboys had no chance to draft him without giving up a boatload off picks. Wasn’t going to happen considering we thought we had Romo still.

Do we have to keep talking in circles here? Maybe I can leave it up on the bulletin board for you kids.

We allowed the Eagles to go up ahead of us and steal the #1 ranked player on our board. The most important position in all of sports and a position of current need. We played it conservative, they took the risk and they've been rewarded handsomely for it. The Browns would have much rather moved to 4 than 8. The Cowboys held the cards not the Eagles.

But this is good. It's progress. We're past the thoroughly myopic Wentz sucks phase of acceptance. We're now into the pretend he wasn't available phase. I promise you, this ends with you guys all shrugging your shoulders and going "Ok, Prescott's a scumbag.".

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I loathe the Eagles. I'd love to work on their team plane.

But I have to be honest. It pains me to see this. He was there for us and we shunned him. For some big headed freak who likes to beat women and a flim-flam man.

Franchise altering decision for both teams.

I mean, I like Jalen Ramsey too, but come on...

In all seriousness though, it's not like we chose one over the other. I don't think trading up for Wentz was ever a serious option because our "brain" trust wasn't all-in on a quarterback of the future. They expected to still get mileage out of Romo and groom Dak or whoever they would grab in the middle rounds behind him.

Wentz is going to be really good. So is Dak. When I look at Philadelphia, the only thing I feel a tinge of jealousy over is their defense.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
lol.

Let's see what happens today and then when we play.

I hope we beat the hell out of the Eagles - twice.

But making a bunch of excuses and crediting their success to "the refs" just looks silly. They've got one loss. To this point, they're better than the Cowboys.