Early Game Thread

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, I like Jalen Ramsey too, but come on...

In all seriousness though, it's not like we chose one over the other. I don't think trading up for Wentz was ever a serious option because our "brain" trust wasn't all-in on a quarterback of the future. They expected to still get mileage out of Romo and groom Dak or whoever they would grab in the middle rounds behind him.

Well then, oops.

Saying it was never a serious option doesn't absolve the front office of blame. Well, it's cool. They never even considered the right thing.

Franchise altering, bro. You do not "get by" at quarterback. You find a franchise player and we were gifted the best and said no thank you.

Wentz is going to be really good. So is Dak. When I look at Philadelphia, the only thing I feel a tinge of jealousy over is their defense.

I can't seriously discuss a comparison between the two.

One is Aaron Rodgers. The other's Rodney Peete with a police record.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yep, about to win 6 in a row with a bunch of young players.....coaching matters folks.

You really disappoint me.

Coaching is at least, at least, a ten year process where you stack one year on top of another, trying to get better.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
If the Cowboys somehow manage to not make the playoffs this year............I would like to see them in the NFCCG.............and lose it by one point.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I can see why the NFL ratings are down. These early games are atrocious. The NFL has a few good teams but other than that it is mediocrity and stink. Stealers walk away with division because Bengals, Browns, and Ravens are absolute trash. Texans Without Watson, Colts, and Jags plain stink. Tenn is pedestrian. SF and AZ are putrid. Bucs, Bears, Giants, Chargers, and Raiders are putrid. Broncos had their superbowl against the Cowboys and then quit for the year. Half the NFL teams are just going through the motions and aren't even competitive unless they are playing some other trash team.

I laughed at AJ Green throwing punches at a helmet. And then Mike Evans cheap shots a Saint player and doesn't even get ejected. Man, NFL is becoming a laughingstock.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yep, (Saints) about to win 6 in a row with a bunch of young players.....coaching matters folks.

Sean Payton has gone 7-9 four of the last five seasons, despite having Drew Brees at QB the entire time. :rolleyes:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
What's going on with receivers today? Mike Evans just went nuts - he made AJ Green almost look calm. :laugh:

Can't believe Evans wasn't ejected.
I think they are tired with lippy cornerbacks and just decided to lash out.

TheHerd

Reaction score
In 1992 the Cowboys had an elite franchise QB who was about to usher in a dynasty playing flawlessly in the post-season.

He should know better.

And the 1992 Cowboys had an elite defense full of playmakers. I don't get where anyone thinks are trying to emulate those teams.

Aven8

Reaction score
Sean Payton has gone 7-9 four of the last five seasons, despite having Drew Brees at QB the entire time. :rolleyes:

They've had some awful drafts and made a lot of trades. But as far as Payton the HC? JG doesn't even belong anywhere near this dude.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the 1992 Cowboys had an elite defense full of playmakers. I don't get where anyone thinks are trying to emulate those teams.

Very true.

I guess you should strive to replicate an all time team like that to some degree but to think all the pieces are going to look and fit the same seems foolish.

Last edited: