Early Game Thread

Ken

Reaction score
It is not often that you fake(shoulder pump lol) to a wide open wr...look quickly to the right...and then throw it to said wide open wr.

Wince is rewriting the book of qb.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
I mean, I like Jalen Ramsey too, but come on...

In all seriousness though, it's not like we chose one over the other. I don't think trading up for Wentz was ever a serious option because our "brain" trust wasn't all-in on a quarterback of the future. They expected to still get mileage out of Romo and groom Dak or whoever they would grab in the middle rounds behind him.

Wentz is going to be really good. So is Dak. When I look at Philadelphia, the only thing I feel a tinge of jealousy over is their defense.
I'm not sure anyone in the league would do anything differently than we did after a bad 2015 campaign.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I'm not typically a Garrett basher, but I wonder how this team would look under a new coaching regime. It appears to have worked wonders for the Rams
Got to get the right one.

McVay is already what Garrett truthers have been telling us for a decade.

And he is doing it with the DC that Garrett stabbed in the back.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett still thinks it’s 1992. Big offensive line. All’s we need is an elite back. Screw the defense. We don’t need a qb. Romo has 5 more years...and so on and so forth.

In 1992 the Cowboys had an elite franchise QB who was about to usher in a dynasty playing flawlessly in the post-season.

He should know better.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Do we have to keep talking in circles here? Maybe I can leave it up on the bulletin board for you kids.

We allowed the Eagles to go up ahead of us and steal the #1 ranked player on our board. The most important position in all of sports and a position of current need. We played it conservative, they took the risk and they've been rewarded handsomely for it. The Browns would have much rather moved to 4 than 8. The Cowboys held the cards not the Eagles.

But this is good. It's progress. We're past the thoroughly myopic Wentz sucks phase of acceptance. We're now into the pretend he wasn't available phase. I promise you, this ends with you guys all shrugging your shoulders and going "Ok, Prescott's a scumbag.".

Never gonna happen.

Aven8

Reaction score
So instead of trading away multiple picks to get Wentz, we got the NFL ROY in the 4th round?

And you somehow believe that constitutes a negative?

No I love it. But they had no clue that would happen. They picked Charles Tapper with there first 4th and got Dak with a comp! Quit acting like they planned this. Lol. I love Dak, and we would be screwed without him. It's the rest of the moves we make and crappy HC that's screwing this thing up! When you bring in the right people and coaches things can change quickly sans Philly and the Rams.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's one thing to acknowledge that a good team is in fact good.

What we've seen the last several weeks on this board borders on hero worship though. A bunch of grown men have been tripping over each to label the Eagles NFC champions in November and go on and on about how much they'd rather have Wentz, Pederson, etc. than what we have.

I'm actually surprised some of you come up for air long enough to type out such posts.

We've got two extremes.

1.The Eagles are awesome! Pederson and Wentz, OMG!

2. The Eagles are lucky, and the refs cheat for them. They suck!

Neither of those views are accurate. They've played very well to this point. It is what it is, unfortunately, but it's a long season. They haven't won anything yet.

Ken

Reaction score
Goff is definitely starting to show flashes of why he went high in the draft.
I had Goff #1 that year...and said i would have had Dak #1 if i trusted what i saw on tape. It was mainly for his bradylike pocket presence.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Do we have to keep talking in circles here? Maybe I can leave it up on the bulletin board for you kids.

We allowed the Eagles to go up ahead of us and steal the #1 ranked player on our board. The most important position in all of sports and a position of current need. We played it conservative, they took the risk and they've been rewarded handsomely for it. The Browns would have much rather moved to 4 than 8. The Cowboys held the cards not the Eagles.

But this is good. It's progress. We're past the thoroughly myopic Wentz sucks phase of acceptance. We're now into the pretend he wasn't available phase. I promise you, this ends with you guys all shrugging your shoulders and going "Ok, Prescott's a scumbag.".
Zeke was the highest ranked player on our board

Ken

Reaction score
We've got two extremes.

1.The Eagles are awesome! Pederson and Wentz, OMG!

2. The Eagles are lucky, and the refs cheat for them. They suck!

Neither of those views are accurate. They've played very well to this point. It is what it is, unfortunately, but it's a long season. They haven't won anything yet.
I am actually not those..i am the egles are good but haven't really played anyone and their qb is overated.

I don't think they are vetter than Dallas and will know more in a few hours.

coogrfan

Reaction score

How exactly did we "allow" Philly to jump ahead of us?

kevm3

Reaction score
Wentz being here isn't going to change things around significantly. If Dak was in Philly, he'd be looking like Wentz right now, if not better. The problem is the FO and coaching. In a year when we have cheap rookie contracts and money freeing up, we did NOTHING. Those FAs we signed from the bottom of other teams' rosters aren't here anymore. We dismantled our secondary and filled our defense full of rookies and we honestly thought we were going to get better? At the trade deadline, we didn't even attempt to make a move.