Early games thread

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I am guessing you were part of the GROZ movement still seeking validation .

No I actually liked zimmer and still think he is a good coach. That nonsense in those year was complete nonsense.

So is the stuff I heard about zimmer all offseason. Completely over the top creating a coach and mystique that was silly and over the top hence my silly over the top comment.

I will say I was disappointed when he left and did the deion sanders radio show. It was then that I realized he was the guy telling the local media insider things that were happening. I find that disappointing especially since parcells kept him around.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Not sure what your point is with Zimmer, but it sounds like we're getting to the heart of the issue at least. Irrespective of who the coach is, that MIN team started 5-0, suffered a lot of key injuries, and it took them out of contention. It happens.

the heart of the issue is the DFW media and a lot of fans got a little carried away with who mike zimmer is. He is a good coach with a good team. The phony perception of him created out of angst towards garrett from guys like sturm and broaddus is why I always comment in the same foolish manner regarding him.

It means something that he has not been on a team that has won a playoff game since 1996.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Jay Ajayi has got to be close to Zeke in yards after that game with 1 more to go. I hope JG doesn't sit these guys I'd love to see Zeke get the rushing title and try and go for the rookie record. Yes I know I'm being selfish, but he's a special player and it would be awesome to see those awards next to his name.