Early games thread

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I just don't see ATL as a contender. Maybe I'm wrong. Ryan, to me, is a Flacco. And he doesn't have the D. He needs the d more than a dynamic o. We shall see, MS.

Dude really? I honestly see Atl.. as our #1 threat hands down. I think Ryan is sooooo much better than Flacco although Flacco is money in the postseason somewhat like Eli. Atl has a solid running game and weapons everywhere. .. They're balanced to the point where they're blowing teams out without Julio who's arguably the best receiver in the league when healthy. Their Achilles heel is their defense.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Dude really? I honestly see Atl.. as our #1 threat hands down. I think Ryan is sooooo much better than Flacco although Flacco is money in the postseason somewhat like Eli. Atl has a solid running game and weapons everywhere. .. They're balanced to the point where they're blowing teams out without Julio who's arguably the best receiver in the league when healthy. They're Achilles heel is their defense.

Yup.

MSCowboyFan

Reaction score
I just don't see ATL as a contender. Maybe I'm wrong. Ryan, to me, is a Flacco. And he doesn't have the D. He needs the d more than a dynamic o. We shall see, MS.

You are probably right. I'm probably overreacting to them beating up on some bad teams. We've had a hard schedule and beat all comers except the Gnats. I would be VERY confident if Dak wasn't a rookie. Like I said, playoff football is different. That said, I'd love to see most of our Oline rested the next two weeks: especially Smith and Leary who've been nicked and Free who is older. Play Dak and Zeke for first half and bust out Tony and Sanchez in the second half. I'm not a big believer in 'momentum' and all that. Although it's more of a concern with a young team like we have. A veteran playoff team would be more likely to adjust and turn up the heat after resting a couple weeks. Still, we have guys that are banged up and need the rest. I can see both sides of the argument no matter what Red ends up doing.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Vastly overrated... you get the feeling that because he's been so physically dominant all his life, he doesn't really work on his craft...

At this point, he probably isn't overrated anymore. One good season (other than his rook year)

MSCowboyFan

Reaction score
Anyone else getting as irritated as I am watching Minny flail around Lambeau? Nelson is so ****** cocky. He acts like a friggin' fool. They start winning again and it's just about unbearable.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Packers will be very dangerous if they make the playoffs. Rodgers passer rating today is 157.8 with 3 TD's in the first half.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
You are probably right. I'm probably overreacting to them beating up on some bad teams. We've had a hard schedule and beat all comers except the Gnats. I would be VERY confident if Dak wasn't a rookie. Like I said, playoff football is different. That said, I'd love to see most of our Oline rested the next two weeks: especially Smith and Leary who've been nicked and Free who is older. Play Dak and Zeke for first half and bust out Tony and Sanchez in the second half. I'm not a big believer in 'momentum' and all that. Although it's more of a concern with a young team like we have. A veteran playoff team would be more likely to adjust and turn up the heat after resting a couple weeks. Still, we have guys that are banged up and need the rest. I can see both sides of the argument no matter what Red ends up doing.

Double edge sword. I love the fact that Dak/Zeke.. don't really "understand" playoff "pressure.".. meaning these guys are hungry, focused and just having fun. They don't know mishandling a fumbled snap, Cabo, and past choke jobs (not a shot) etc.. That's been our ace in the hole so to speak all season. Renewed life in our organization...

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
If I'm gonna watch a bunch of damned blowouts, I guess I'm relegated to watching an all time great while I still can (Brady)