Early games thread

MSCowboyFan

Reaction score
GB is on fire.. Not sure if I've ever seen better pocket presence...AR

He's got ALL day. Minny is playing bad D but no team comes to Lambeau and gets much of a rush because their field is horrible. No push or traction to get off the LOS. Been that way for years.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, Green Bay is certainly peaking.
A better Rodgers, Nelson coming back to form after the injury, and some defenders also coming back.
A radically different team from what we faced early in the year.
Btw,Minny is worse that were though.
The good news is if we face GB, it'll not be on the frozen tundra.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Very nice.

Yeah, it's kind of a disaster. I've got Davante Adams and Rishard Matthews on the bench and Sammy Watkins playing right now. Golden Tate is starting and I can't change it -- no one to replace him with. I've been really hoping Sean Lee would find Golden Tate on Monday and deliver one of those "good, clean hits" we keep hearing about. I'll just need big games from Zeke, Dez, and Drew Brees.

But, as far as football goes, all I really care about is the Boys getting to the promised land. The rest of it is out there on my football fan periphery somewhere.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Yeah, it's kind of a disaster. I've got Davante Adams and Rishard Matthews on the bench and Sammy Watkins playing right now. Golden Tate is starting and I can't change it -- no one to replace him with. I've been really hoping Sean Lee would find Golden Tate on Monday and deliver one of those "good, clean hits" we keep hearing about. I'll just need big games from Zeke, Dez, and Drew Brees.

But, as far as football goes, all I really care about is the Boys getting to the promised land. The rest of it is out there on my football fan periphery somewhere.
Promised land--Super Bowl Champs :grin:

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Matt Ryan is cursed in the playoffs though. Not really worried about him.

He's having an MVP caliber year.... but yeah, he does flash moments of shaky play and has been sub par in the playoffs. Still would not like to see them. Actually Seattle/Detroit/NYG are the teams I'm least concerned about.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I'm a little worried about GB.

Yeah... anytime you're going against a QB like that, they're going to have more than a punchers chance against anyone. However... they're a different team away from home, feature a WR as their lead rb, and their defense is beyond atrocious. Also their pass protection isn't too great. Fortunately we get to sit back and watch half these teams cancel each other out/beat each other out wild card weekend.

StylisticS

Reaction score
The Packers will be very dangerous if they make the playoffs. Rodgers passer rating today is 157.8 with 3 TD's in the first half.
Said this a couple weeks ago. GB is the team that is the scariest. But that defense is horrible.