Twitter: Ed Werder reports Norv Turner and Dave Wannstedt as OC and DC possibilities

JPM

Reaction score
Actually, people who pay attention know this whole jerry wants to make a splash during superbowl week thing is nonsense. it is brought up every year, and never happens. What people should know is fans make up crap and pass it off as common knowledge and the foolish buy into it.

But it's fun to repeat the same BS year after year.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Why is Garrett even here as HC with as much help as he needs?

Even Jerry admits that Garrett has blown so many games its laughable, but he somehow thinks we are going to benefit down the road from all of these failures of Garrett.

So until Trainee Garrett is fully up to speed on being an NFL head coach, we are going to have to surround him with people that will cover for his incompetence.

Ergo, get Norv in here to run the offense so Garrett cant blow games by calling 75 pass plays with a 3 TD lead.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
JERRY ordered more blitzes? :confused:

Yep, he said it after the Bears game where they never punted.............he said the defense is going to have to start taking chances down the home stretch...............so he in affect told the media that Dallas was going to start blitzing more.

dupree89

Reaction score
Please god do not let this come to pass.

The Cowboys need new blood, new ideas, and independent thinkers. Not guys from the Cowboys glory years who will be Jerry yes men.

I agree! Isnt there anyone in this organization that can identify bright, young offensive and defensive minds either working in college or even as position coaches in the NFL?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
These coaches say things just like some of us fans that we need to blitz more to get enough pressure to help the secondary and maybe create some turnovers and better field position. Maybe Jerry sees these things without a coach but he only echoes what the coaches are saying for the most part. So I don't pay attention to him in situations like this but it does bring up a common theme. Jerry, shut your trap. Loose lips sink ships. Never tell people what you are thinking. There is no need to say on TV we might blitz more. Not a huge deal but there is no reason to give up intel unless it is false or you're setting a trap.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
These coaches say things just like some of us fans that we need to blitz more to get enough pressure to help the secondary and maybe create some turnovers and better field position. Maybe Jerry sees these things without a coach but he only echoes what the coaches are saying for the most part. So I don't pay attention to him in situations like this but it does bring up a common theme. Jerry, shut your trap. Loose lips sink ships. Never tell people what you are thinking. There is no need to say on TV we might blitz more. Not a huge deal but there is no reason to give up intel unless it is false or you're setting a trap.

I agree, no need to spill the beans........................and I am pretty sure we are not setting any traps because I cant remember a single game where I though afterwards "man, Garrett really fooled that team".

Trainee Garrett has not outcoached anybody...............like ever................so I think we can put the talk of setting traps to bed.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I agree, no need to spill the beans........................and I am pretty sure we are not setting any traps because I cant remember a single game where I though afterwards "man, Garrett really fooled that team".

Trainee Garrett has not outcoached anybody...............like ever................so I think we can put the talk of setting traps to bed.

Well, I have to say I haven't noticed any traps either.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Get new guys...not old re-tread guys. We need innovation...

Agreed on offense. Offense needs injection esp with spread offense and perhaps a consultant of a guy like Norv who can also stop the predictability. We also need to run some trick plays and be more aggressive on offense unless we see a vast improvement in the defense....which we may with better health.

Kingsham

Reaction score
Agreed on offense. Offense needs injection esp with spread offense and perhaps a consultant of a guy like Norv who can also stop the predictability. We also need to run some trick plays and be more aggressive on offense unless we see a vast improvement in the defense....which we may with better health.

We have the players on offense to put points...and lots of them as evident by games this season. We just got too predictable down the stretch and didn't have enough balance. Offense in the NFL has evolved and needs an injection of innovation. Defense is defense...our fundamental problem is that we played a system we didnt have players for. Bring in a 3-4 guy....and build for that.

jnday

Reaction score
10 pages and nope.

Don't expect the media to sugar-coat their stories so that fans don't get their feelings hurt. When Dallas does some good things , you might get positive stories. Until then, expect the media to report stories that reflects the current direction of the team.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Don't expect the media to sugar-coat their stories so that fans don't get their feelings hurt. When Dallas does some good things , you might get positive stories. Until then, expect the media to report stories that reflects the current direction of the team.

What did Dallas do that warranted this story?

I'll wait.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We have the players on offense to put points...and lots of them as evident by games this season. We just got too predictable down the stretch and didn't have enough balance. Offense in the NFL has evolved and needs an injection of innovation. Defense is defense...our fundamental problem is that we played a system we didnt have players for. Bring in a 3-4 guy....and build for that.

I agree about the offense but not the defense. They haven't even decided yet who is coming back to coach.