Twitter: Ed Werder reports Norv Turner and Dave Wannstedt as OC and DC possibilities

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It is hard to argue with that. Norv is better than Garrett but practically anybody would be. lol

Mansta54

Reaction score
Well at least in DC, there will be a new HC with at least some hope for change...well at least for a little while. But we still have our HC in training with Garrett and our delusional Emperor Jerry, so we know we're in for more of the same........

http://i221.***BLOCKED***/albums/dd249/Roadtrip635/dallascircus22_zpsd6bb2ba0.jpg
Ahh speak for yourself! I like our HC and what he's doing, I think he has this team going in the right direction. Everyone doesn't feel as you do. You know, you can always go follow that team in DC and get on that hope train.

Fredd

Reaction score
I wanted to get caught up on this thread so I started by watching my VCR tape of the 90's superbowls....there, I am caught up now.....

....please continue....

Wolfpack

Reaction score
I'd be ok with Norv and Dave in 2014. Why not at this point….Red is going to mess up 2014 on his own anyway. Its very much a stupid move but that is likely to occur anyway no less stupid than the moves from 2013.

Might as well make bring in Troy Aikman as an Elway type "GM" role. He would actually have the skins and stones to deal with Jerry.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Norv would be welcomed in my eyes. I think he is one of the best OC's in the game. I also feel he is one of the best play callers in the NFL - hands down. He has a feel for the game and sets up defenses as well as anybody.

Next Years Champ

Reaction score
He was winning the first few years with Marty's team and with how Carolina is playing now - with Rivera running a great defense. Just because Switzer won a SB, doesn't make him better coach.

Its not going to happen but Jerry should bring Jimmy back and complete the band - I believe we have a better shot with burned out Jimmy than with JG

Hey..

Thank for the reply.

I understand about how things ended up in SD for Turner.

He was starting to run into problems with Spanos there and lost some key players like Sproles and others..

..same as what happened in Dallas.

But..and here is the but..

He won and had the Chargers winning divisions and playing for titles and took Phillip Rivers to the top of the league immediately after Brees left there.

This was major.

Compare that to the records of Philips/JG.

There is no comparison.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I'd like Norv and for them to look elsewhere at DC.

rbr651

Reaction score
Either way we won't know anything until Superbowl week, everyone knows that Jerry only makes personnel decisions during the SB, this way he can take the spotlight off of the greatest sporting event of the year and put it on himself.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Either way we won't know anything until Superbowl week, everyone knows that Jerry only makes personnel decisions during the SB, this way he can take the spotlight off of the greatest sporting event of the year and put it on himself.

Not true. Kiffin was hired on Jan 11 last year.

Jerryrage

Reaction score
Ahh speak for yourself! I like our HC and what he's doing, I think he has this team going in the right direction. Everyone doesn't feel as you do. You know, you can always go follow that team in DC and get on that hope train.

That's a garbage post if I've ever seen one SMH DUR HUR.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
r: 848 said:

Not sure how reliable Ed Werder is but I'm all for Norv coming back. Anyone know if Dave Wannstedt is still any good?

Gettin' the band back together....it just keeps getting better and better

visionary

Reaction score
I like it, only thing giving me pause is the are both coming from the Browns. Ryan was a Cleveland cast off also.

i think the browns made a mistake firing chudzinski

i like ray's aggressive approach and his defenses always play hard and can move between 3-4 and 4-3

i am not sold on norv, except that i have long believed that romo needs someone he respects to teach him to be a QB and garrett has obvious flaws. to bring in a new offensive system might be tough for romo and jerry is not doing that anyway. so norv is the lesser evil.

the reality is that with garrett as HC, we need 2 co-ordinators who know what they are doing and will basically ignore the HC who is essentially a place-holder. Norv and Ray might be able to pull it off.

Reactions: BAZ

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Actually, people who pay attention know this whole jerry wants to make a splash during superbowl week thing is nonsense. it is brought up every year, and never happens. What people should know is fans make up crap and pass it off as common knowledge and the foolish buy into it.