Edge retires from WWE.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3908291 said:
Do you really not know some of the underhanded things Vince has done to get his business ahead?

Don't make me go down the list.. but its a business. You do what you think is going to get you ahead fastest, not what is the "right" or decent thing to do.

Not saying that those were the right moves to make, but they were the moves that the people in charge "thought" were the right moves to make a bigger profit.

please don't go down your list...I am well aware of Vince's history. I never said he wasn't an arse. What I do know is that his company puts out a much better product.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3908395 said:
please don't go down your list...I am well aware of Vince's history. I never said he wasn't an arse. What I do know is that his company puts out a much better product.

I wouldn't even say "much" better.. its gone downhill every year since the late 90's, and now its not even "wrestling" anymore. Its more of a reality show featuring celebrities every other week. PG for the kids. That is NOT the wrestling that i, and alot of others, tuned in religiously to watch week in and week out. Having no competition has ruined the product. If Vince gets his way, it'll be more of a marketing company than a wrestling company.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3908428 said:
I wouldn't even say "much" better.. its gone downhill every year since the late 90's, and now its not even "wrestling" anymore. Its more of a reality show featuring celebrities every other week. PG for the kids. That is NOT the wrestling that i, and alot of others, tuned in religiously to watch week in and week out. Having no competition has ruined the product. If Vince gets his way, it'll be more of a marketing company than a wrestling company.

Well it went down after the late 90's but WWE has had a few good points in the past decade, 2002-2004 SmackDown was some of the best wrestling booked ever, and again in 2006 with the Cena v. Edge feud it peaked, and every single match Shawn Michaels had was greatness just for HBK being in it.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3908431 said:
Well it went down after the late 90's but WWE has had a few good points in the past decade, 2002-2004 SmackDown was some of the best wrestling booked ever, and again in 2006 with the Cena v. Edge feud it peaked, and every single match Shawn Michaels had was greatness just for HBK being in it.

Speak of the devil.. Shawn actually just called me up.

He wants his jock back.. :rolleyes:

Seriously, he was a great entertainer, but lets take it easy. There are at least a handful from his same era who i enjoyed more than him.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3908431 said:

not everything Shawn did was great or even entertaining. He had a horrible program with Layfield where he "bought" Shawn....I always figured he pissed somebody off to be made to work that kind of program...Layfield hardly needed Shawn to put him over. It was not a highlight for Shawn's career.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3908448 said:
not everything Shawn did was great or even entertaining. He had a horrible program with Layfield where he "bought" Shawn....I always figured he pissed somebody off to be made to work that kind of program...Layfield hardly needed Shawn to put him over. It was not a highlight for Shawn's career.
That was a horrible program, but it was the only segments from WWE I was waching on that period just because Shawn was involved, that was still during that LOLTacular guest host of raw era right? That was horrible, I would literally DVR RAW and fast forward and only watch Shawn Michael's segments. The only RAW I watched the full thing of back then was the one when the RAW crew got stranded in England and it was the SD crew, Undertaker & Triple H with MacGruber hosting.

People say I have a "mancrush" on Miles, if they want to rip on me for that they should've just brought up wrestling as I get trolled insanely on wrestling forums for my "mancrush" on Shawn. He's simply the greatest by such a large margin its ridiculous.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3908447 said:
Speak of the devil.. Shawn actually just called me up.

He wants his jock back.. :rolleyes:

Seriously, he was a great entertainer, but lets take it easy. There are at least a handful from his same era who i enjoyed more than him.

Shawn Michaels is the greatest of all time, you can debate it, but it'd just be silly.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3908456 said:
Shawn Michaels is the greatest of all time, you can debate it, but it'd just be silly.

It would be silly.. because its not something factual. You're welcome to your opinion obviously.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RoyTheHammer;3908428 said:
I wouldn't even say "much" better.. its gone downhill every year since the late 90's, and now its not even "wrestling" anymore. PG for the kids. That is NOT the wrestling that i, and alot of others, tuned in religiously to watch week in and week out. Having no competition has ruined the product. If Vince gets his way, it'll be more of a marketing company than a wrestling company.

That is a good post and the bolded is very correct.

The reason is very simple - he makes more money that way.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3908473 said:
That is a good post and the bolded is very correct.

The reason is very simple - he makes more money that way.

Yes sir. Screw all the traditions that were handed down to him, he'd rather have 10 billion dollars instead of just 5 billion and tarnish generations of greatness by those that came before him. Some will call it "changing with the times".. i call it BS.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Just to bring this topic back to edge:

[youtube]N1jE8q6-lOk[/youtube]

Edge was SUCH a great heel! That was the last "GREAT" feud WWE had, Edge v. Cena in 2006, was so fantastic.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3908461 said:
It would be silly.. because its not something factual. You're welcome to your opinion obviously.

That's your opinion, which your welcome to obviously. This is one time where I do agree with R2A completely and, from reading and watching interviews with many in wrestling, they tend to agree with him on Michaels as well.

And just to make it pretty clear here there is no 'factual' when it comes to the greatest ever cause there is no set criteria for making someone the greatest ever. So any argumen you have against it, or for someone else, would also not be 'factual'.

RoyTheHammer;3908480 said:
Yes sir. Screw all the traditions that were handed down to him, he'd rather have 10 billion dollars instead of just 5 billion and tarnish generations of greatness by those that came before him. Some will call it "changing with the times".. i call it BS.

LMAO!

Right. Like you'd do anything different. Like you'd take 5 billion less (hypothetically here I'm supposing) to make sure you 'did the right thing' and honored traditions and such.

Ha.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3909560 said:
That's your opinion, which your welcome to obviously. This is one time where I do agree with R2A completely and, from reading and watching interviews with many in wrestling, they tend to agree with him on Michaels as well.

And just to make it pretty clear here there is no 'factual' when it comes to the greatest ever cause there is no set criteria for making someone the greatest ever. So any argumen you have against it, or for someone else, would also not be 'factual'.

LMAO!

Right. Like you'd do anything different. Like you'd take 5 billion less (hypothetically here I'm supposing) to make sure you 'did the right thing' and honored traditions and such.

Ha.

I'm glad you agree, i've said Michaels was the greatest ever since the 2002 feud of HHH v. Michaels, although being 9 at the time wasn't much credibility in that statement lol. I stuck with Michael's and always grabbed up all the content that WWE put out on DVD of him as a kid, had a ton of t-shirts, and stuck with Michael's as the greatest of all time, used to take alot of heat for it on the internet forum's, especially around the time when Flair got his send off, people were riding Flair's jock and saying it wasn't even close between him and Michael's, obviously thats not the case anymore as i'd reckon a majority of people have accepted Shawn as the greatest of all time, and with the shape he's in, the fact he's only 45 years old (Flairs 62) I highly doubt we have seen the last Michael's match.

If Daniel Bryan (I hate that name, they should've stayed with Bryan Danielson), becomes big I could see Michael's working a feud vs him, lots of reasons: It'd be a huge draw for any Danielson fan, thats been a fantasy dream match for a long time & Michael's trained Danielson, so giving him the rub would be something i'd expect Michael's would want to do. Their styles would mesh into a fantastic 5 star feud, could be on the level of that Cena v. Edge feud a few years ago if done right, Michael's could elevate Danielson to main eventer status no doubt.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3909560 said:

And just to make it pretty clear here there is no 'factual' when it comes to the greatest ever cause there is no set criteria for making someone the greatest ever. So any argument you have against it, or for someone else, would also not be 'factual'.

Thank you for reiterating what i was saying.. glad we agree.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Edge got a nice sendoff on SMACKDOWN.. he cleans up nice...this gal is real sorry to see him go. I know he wasn't ready to go...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3909607 said:
I'm glad you agree, i've said Michaels was the greatest ever since the 2002 feud of HHH v. Michaels, although being 9 at the time wasn't much credibility in that statement lol. I stuck with Michael's and always grabbed up all the content that WWE put out on DVD of him as a kid, had a ton of t-shirts, and stuck with Michael's as the greatest of all time, used to take alot of heat for it on the internet forum's, especially around the time when Flair got his send off, people were riding Flair's jock and saying it wasn't even close between him and Michael's, obviously thats not the case anymore as i'd reckon a majority of people have accepted Shawn as the greatest of all time, and with the shape he's in, the fact he's only 45 years old (Flairs 62) I highly doubt we have seen the last Michael's match.

If Daniel Bryan (I hate that name, they should've stayed with Bryan Danielson), becomes big I could see Michael's working a feud vs him, lots of reasons: It'd be a huge draw for any Danielson fan, thats been a fantasy dream match for a long time & Michael's trained Danielson, so giving him the rub would be something i'd expect Michael's would want to do. Their styles would mesh into a fantastic 5 star feud, could be on the level of that Cena v. Edge feud a few years ago if done right, Michael's could elevate Danielson to main eventer status no doubt.

I agree. I hate the Daniel Bryan name. It sounds stupid. Should have stayed with his ROH name that you mentioned there. Much better.

I used to, growing up in the 80's and such say that Ric Flair was the greatest of all time as well. I changed my mind after HBK returned from the 4 years off from the back injury. His first match back, in over 4 years, that he worked with HHH at Summerslam in 2002 proved to me that he was, without a doubt, the best I'd ever seen. Guy is just flat amazing.

Flair was gold though as well during his time. I still say he's probably the perfect example of what you want in your World Champion. The way he carried the title, and himself as the lead man, in the 80s and through most of the 90's was just amazing.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3908456 said:

Geatest what?

Time suck? That's basically all DX was. A 20 minute segment of childish horseplay and monotonous groin chopping. His DX role pretty much ruined my perception of him. The weekly 30 minute DX segment spread across 2 hours. I absolutely hated that crap.

And please remember, I'm speaking from a perspective that dates back a bit. I haven't followed wrestling on a consistent basis for a long, long time.

Shawn Michaels is a good entertainer but hardly the best at anything. He's an excellent performer but was outdone regularly in terms of exciting the crowd. Then again, he's been around so long that the cast of characters that could overshadow him is quite large.

Definitely not the most technically sound wrestler out there. Either of the Hart brothers could have whipped his *** in that category. Then again, the new WWE style of wrestling doesn't emphasize this at all. As long as you're huge and tanned that's all they care about.

That's what made wrestling back in the day so much better than it is now. Back then, you had a cast of characters that was so varied that each of them actually had their own personality without a mic in their hand. Anymore, the only thing that distinguishes one buff guy from another is a few one-liners like "I'm awesome".........but this is a whole different topic.

Shawn is a hell of a performer but you can't actually say he's the best at anything. He's been outdone in terms of excitability, he's had far too many schtick roles and his actual wrestling game isn't on par with some of the guys he battled early in his career.......even before the injuries started catching up with him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3909873 said:
Geatest what?

Time suck? That's basically all DX was. A 20 minute segment of childish horseplay and monotonous groin chopping. His DX role pretty much ruined my perception of him. The weekly 30 minute DX segment spread across 2 hours. I absolutely hated that crap.

And please remember, I'm speaking from a perspective that dates back a bit. I haven't followed wrestling on a consistent basis for a long, long time.

Shawn Michaels is a good entertainer but hardly the best at anything. He's an excellent performer but was outdone regularly in terms of exciting the crowd. Then again, he's been around so long that the cast of characters that could overshadow him is quite large.

Definitely not the most technically sound wrestler out there. Either of the Hart brothers could have whipped his *** in that category. Then again, the new WWE style of wrestling doesn't emphasize this at all. As long as you're huge and tanned that's all they care about.

That's what made wrestling back in the day so much better than it is now. Back then, you had a cast of characters that was so varied that each of them actually had their own personality without a mic in their hand. Anymore, the only thing that distinguishes one buff guy from another is a few one-liners like "I'm awesome".........but this is a whole different topic.

Shawn is a hell of a performer but you can't actually say he's the best at anything. He's been outdone in terms of excitability, he's had far too many schtick roles and his actual wrestling game isn't on par with some of the guys he battled early in his career.......even before the injuries started catching up with him.
I gotta agree with you about the long segments these guys do now. One thing I liked about Flair in the old NWA days was that he got a lot of smack talk into a 3 minute interview. The Road Warriors never needed huge segments to get their points across.

That is art.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
The weekly programs whether it be WWE or TNA are built around the "build up"...all the talk..it's like a soap opera. Feuds are developed and continued and so yea there is alot of silliness...just like any soap.

The PPV is the payoff...where the wrestling actually takes place. The brilliance is that Vince or whomever makes one PAY for the payoff match. I think it's very smart. We'll tease you for nothing but you want to see these guys wrestle? You pay for that.