Edge retires from WWE.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
zrinkill;3908014 said:
They were offered a development deal: Heat, OVW appearances etc. which they turned down ...... shows how bad WWE wanted them ..... :laugh2:

Oh and AJ was already a WWE and WCW jobber ...... never made it past that.

The WWE did want Sting, btw.. lobbied hard for him according to reports.

You know the guy you laugh at being champ, even though he's in great shape and always been a class guy and one of the greats as an entertainer?

I'd rather watch him over a midcarder as champ anyday..

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Hostile;3907704 said:
If the booking is awful how is it a better product?

I've never understood that concept at all.

It used to be a better product.. i don't believe that anymore since Hogan and Russo got there.

I still would rather watch their talent and personalities, because i do believe they are more entertaining as an entire group, but the WWE has some guys i like as well and their booking and storytelling isn't AS BAD.

Although i do think they are misusing some of their talent as well. I think both products in general are pretty bad right now, to be honest. But on both programs there are a some guys that keep me tuning in every now and then.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RoyTheHammer;3908019 said:
The WWE did want Sting, btw.. lobbied hard for him according to reports.

You know the guy you laugh at being champ, even though he's in great shape and always been a class guy and one of the greats as an entertainer?

I'd rather watch him over a midcarder as champ anyday..

Rumor is that they want him for one match with Taker ...... because of his Crow gimmick.

He does not want to work more than once a month ... so said no.

They did not want him to be champion or even for more than 1 match .... and he would not have won the one match they wanted him for.

So keep trying to defend a 51 year old champion (soon to be lost to 57 year old Hogan)

Ren

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3907795 said:
The wrestling is better, for example Ring of Honor, the booking of storylines is very non-complex and pretty much I don't like you, lets wrestle, but the in ring wrestling is far superior to any other company in the world at this point. TNA's in ring is FAR superior to WWE, WWE even says they are entertainers not wrestlers now. If TNA got rid of Vince stupid Russo it'd be overall a ton better than wwe.

AAA and pretty much every other Mexican promotion says hi

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;3908026 said:
Rumor is that they want him for one match with Taker ...... because of his Crow gimmick.

He does not want to work more than once a month ... so said no.

They did not want him to be champion or even for more than 1 match .... and he would not have won the one match they wanted him for.
:signmast:

That's the way I remember it.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Phoenix;3908115 said:

ah one last legdrop for the TNA world to "ah" over..let's face it that is pretty much all he ever had. Kurt has already told them he can't wrestle a heavy schedule...he has Edge type neck issues but he will implode out of the ring far quicker than his body will. Jeff needs to be in rehab but will probably go to prison. I like Sting but let's face it...he's champ because he sells tshirts. TNA is very much like WWE in more ways than some want to admit.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
zrinkill;3908165 said:
:laugh2:

Sounds suspiciously like the old NWO theme.

Pathetic.

Your bias is showing.. how exactly is that pathetic to use a theme song that you helped make famous and super popular worldwide?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3908139 said:
ah one last legdrop for the TNA world to "ah" over..let's face it that is pretty much all he ever had. Kurt has already told them he can't wrestle a heavy schedule...he has Edge type neck issues but he will implode out of the ring far quicker than his body will. Jeff needs to be in rehab but will probably go to prison. I like Sting but let's face it...he's champ because he sells tshirts. TNA is very much like WWE in more ways than some want to admit.

They're products competing in the same market.. of course they are going to have alot of similarities. The only real difference in their formats is the amount of wrestling and the quality of wrestling that actually goes down, and even that isn't far off.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3908250 said:
They're products competing in the same market.. of course they are going to have alot of similarities. The only real difference in their formats is the amount of wrestling and the quality of wrestling that actually goes down, and even that isn't far off.

I would hope WWE would never sign a drug addict & put a belt on him immediately like Jeff & TNA. They said bye bye to him for just that....I would hope WWE would never have a main event PPV last 90 seconds as TNA allowed with Jeff. I would hope they never do a vignette that is a total copy of one the rival company ran as they did with Sting. They even copied the font WWE used on their Taker ads.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3908283 said:
I would hope WWE would never sign a drug addict & put a belt on him immediately like Jeff & TNA. They said bye bye to him for just that....I would hope WWE would never have a main event PPV last 90 seconds as TNA allowed with Jeff. I would hope they never do a vignette that is a total copy of one the rival company ran as they did with Sting. They even copied the font WWE used on their Taker ads.

Do you really not know some of the underhanded things Vince has done to get his business ahead?

Don't make me go down the list.. but its a business. You do what you think is going to get you ahead fastest, not what is the "right" or decent thing to do.

Not saying that those were the right moves to make, but they were the moves that the people in charge "thought" were the right moves to make a bigger profit.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3908024 said:
It used to be a better product.. i don't believe that anymore since Hogan and Russo got there.

I still would rather watch their talent and personalities, because i do believe they are more entertaining as an entire group, but the WWE has some guys i like as well and their booking and storytelling isn't AS BAD.

Although i do think they are misusing some of their talent as well. I think both products in general are pretty bad right now, to be honest. But on both programs there are a some guys that keep me tuning in every now and then.
As good as I could have asked for an answer. Fair enough.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3907317 said:
look at the TNA ppv coming up this sunday, lockdown. http://www.lockdown2011.com/

This card is looking better than Mania, to be completely honest.

Styles is far from terrible on the mic, is he great? No. But he can hold his own, and he's Mr.TNA as RVD was Mr.ECW, he doesn't need the over the top charisma, he's so great in the ring it overshadows it. He was PWIllustrateds #1 wrestler last year. AJ Styles is truly "phenomenal", he's one of the best things in the business right now, and he's only getting better.

TNA's problem is NOT the wrestling, it is the booking. Vince Russo is the booker, the storylines are pretty much guaranteed to make no sense.

Couple things before I get to the card.

1: TNA booking sucked, as did their shows, before Russo as well. It wasn't nearly as unwatchable, or as bad, but they still weren't smart. Russo is only one part of the TNA management problem. It's gotten much worse since he cameback along, and only worse than that since they added Hogan and Bish.

2: AJ Styles can't hold his own. I've seen the guy talk kid. You're not pulling any wool over anyones eyes. The dude would be school, horribly, by anyone with average mic skills and often is.

His back and forth with Bishoff a few weeks ago was so unbearable it made me want to puke. The guy is just not good on the mic, at all. Fantastic wrestler with very limited charisma and no mic skills. There for he cant be mentioned in the same breath as the 'total package' guys you're trying to put him in the same league with.

He's not nearly as good as guys like Angle, HBK, HHH, Taker, Punk, Orton, Beer Money, and Ken Kennedy. Is he a better wrestler than some of those guys? Yeah, probably all of them except Angle and HBK, but he's light years behind all of them in the rest of the areas.

Now to the card. I can't, and won't, take your completely honest comment seriously cause, lets be serious, you're not able to be honest cause you're a TNA fanboy. Which is fine. It's your deal.

I, personally, am not a huge fan of either product, thus why I don't even watch WWE on a weekly basis anymore and havent for years. Wrestling, overall, is just not real good anymore.

I probably watch as much TNA shows as I do WWE, which says a lot.

As far as the card goes, yeah looking at it on paper, I'd probably like that card, in some spots better, and in others not so much.

I'd be about as excited about it as I was Mania which wasn't a whole lot outside a couple of matches. What pushed Mania a lot more, IMO, was having Austin and The Rock as part of it and then of course, like Hos mentioned, the Taker vs. HHH match by itself was worth more than this entire card.

The Main Event should be solid, although it would have been much better, IMO, without the inclusion of RVD. That's personal taste there though.

Jarrett vs. Angle will suck. Angle is absolutely outstanding but he'll have to spend most of the match carrying an extremely over-rated and barely above average Jarrett. Not to mention the whole wife thing is just...ugh. Stupid. Always has been and it always will be.

Fortune vs. Immortal...ehhh...this reeks of Hogan getting a leg drop victory over whoever is most important in Fortune, which I guess is AJ Styles. Thus setting up the inevitable of Hogan taking the title off of Sting. Thus pretty much the death of TNA's main championship.

Joe vs. Pope should be solid. I wouldn't mind seeing that one.

Hernandez vs. Morgan is awful. Absolutely, totally, and completely awful. There is nothing good about this match.

Womens title...meh. I hate all womens matches cause 99.9% of all women in pro wrestling are absolutely unwatchable.

The X-Division match will be an x-division match. It will be pretty good but its played out, IMO, at this point.

Tag match should be solid but without Beer Money it's not all that great.

And here is the biggest problem I have with this card. The stupid gimmick. Everything is in a cage. That's stupid. It's just as stupid as when WWE does the TLC show and has every match something to do with Tables, ladders, or chairs. At least in the defense of that card, the matches have a chance to be somethign different. They're not all tables matches, or all chairs matches, or all ladder matches.

This whole card is cage matches. STUPID. Period. I hate it when wrestling promoters go over kill like this.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
And RoyTheHammer...i like you. I agree with Hos that was a well thought out response. R2A...take notes. Roy knows a little bit more about getting a point across without coming off as a fanboy for one product or the other.