Elliott's going to average 4.5 YPC

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
There is a better chance of Bonzo rising from the dead and joining Led Zeppelin on a spectacular farewell tour. So I hope you're right.
Both would be fun to watch.

GMO415

Reaction score
Put down the pills booze and smoke. He will average 1.8 yards a carry. Book it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes, that's my wild-hair predication with nothing to base it on. Cooper Beebe is going to win the starting center job and with Tyler and Martin at guard, we're going to pound on defenses between the tackles when we run the ball.

I don't drink and I don't smoke, so no, I'm not drunk or high. Just having a little fun. Zeke's going to party like it's 2-0-1-9.
With Beebe at Center we will have significantly more push up the middle.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I predict at least 800 yards, 4 yards per carry, and 10 td's if given the load.

blueblood70

Reaction score
On the goal line he’s still really good. He knows how to contort his body or find that little seam. He’s also a really good blocker which if we start a rookie LT and C may be important. I just hope they don’t think he can do what he did earlier in his career. He’s lost a step which is understandable and he’s too slow to the LOS. Use him short yardage, goal line, blocking and get him 8-10 touches
like I said you keep stuck on a number as long as I keep it under 14 touches a game I'm good/// if they look like they're going to try to resurrect his old career that would be a monumental mistake again because Mike McCarthy did not use his running backs properly last year should have used Rico dowdle the way they used to Pollard and let Pollard be the old Pollard behind Rico and they should have brought in deuce Vaughn and used a lot more stretch plays and off tackle plays even with Turpin I mean I don't get it but I hope they learn by their mistakes somebody's gotta go in there and tell Mike McCarthy that he might have run game dyslexia lol everything looked completely backwards from the way it should have been ran.... I try to be the voice of reason around here I'm always sticking up for the front office or a player or even a coaching staff but what Mike McCarthy did last year it needs to be said was a horrible use of our running backs they looked at it like ohh the $10 million guy needs the bulk of the carries on 1st down and short yardage it just never made sense to me...

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Ah yes. Replaced OL talent with rookies we only hope can acclimate themselves quickly, and a washed up Zeke who couldn't do squat in his final year in Dallas (behind a better OL), is going to average 4.5 ypc.

Some of y'all are sipping from Jerry's stash.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Yes, that's my wild-hair predication with nothing to base it on. Cooper Beebe is going to win the starting center job and with Tyler and Martin at guard, we're going to pound on defenses between the tackles when we run the ball.

I don't drink and I don't smoke, so no, I'm not drunk or high. Just having a little fun. Zeke's going to party like it's 2-0-1-9.
That would be higher than his career average of 4.3. That would be exciting at his age.

gimmesix

Reaction score
That would be higher than his career average of 4.3. That would be exciting at his age.
Yeah, but he did average 4.5 or better in three of his eight seasons. This'll be the fourth time!

gimmesix

Reaction score
Ah yes. Replaced OL talent with rookies we only hope can acclimate themselves quickly, and a washed up Zeke who couldn't do squat in his final year in Dallas (behind a better OL), is going to average 4.5 ypc.

Some of y'all are sipping from Jerry's stash.
Nah, just having fun. It's better than being miserable because of a bad front office.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I've said this multiple times so I apologize.

The primary issue with the run game last year wasn't Pollard or the linemen. It was the blocking scheme and the plays. The run plays are too slow in developing and intentionally leaves weak side defenders unblocked. All of those times where Pollard got tackled in the backfield weren't missed assignments. That was intentional. They hope that the opposing DE stays on contain or stays in his gap and just ignore him while his blocker pulls or comes down inside.

Unless Solari and Schottenheimer change the offense, no one is averaging 4.5ypc for the Cowboys let alone Zeke.
Zeke never played under Solari or Schottenheimer. Look for Zeke to run into the back of Zack and the rest of the OL like he did the last 3 years he was here!