News: ESPN: Archer: Why Dak Prescott has become the Cowboys' new Tony Romo

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Not going to waste anymore time arguing this. These Romo debates can go on forever and no one is going to change their opinion.
They are wormholes indeed. And distract us from the bigger problem -- an Owner/GM who holds on to his starting QBs with no Playoff success like he holds on to his Arkansas College Championship ring.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo didn't play terribly in any of his playoff games. He did play bad against Minnesota in 2009. Played really good against philly in 2009 to get into the playoffs and really good again to beat Philly the next week. Played good against the Giants in 2007, led a 9 minute drive to take the lead before half and the defense let the Giants score in 43 seconds. Hit Patrick Crayton for a wide open touchdown (no one within 30 yards) and Crayton dropped it. Played really good against Detroit is 2014 and had a 143 rating in the cold against Green bay. Dak has played putrid in the majorty of his playoff games. His play cost the team games. Romo's did not. Not the same at all.
Romo had some bad breaks in the playoffs
They win 3 of his 4 losses with just a tiny alteration. Played great in both wins
--2006; as QB led his team on game-winning drive. As special teamer, not as QB, he muffed a snap
--2007; led team on game-wining drive, threw what should have been game-winning pass, but Crayton stopped his toute
--2009; played great in blowout of Eagles
--2009; eeww vs Minny
--2014: Lions. Led team on game-wiing drive over leagues 2nd ranked defense....highest tanked D Dallas has ever beaten
--2014: Packers. 140+ QB rating in loss. Led to for go-ahead points IF Dez catch held. Led league in QB rating in playoffs

Swagger

Reaction score
TO having 4 receptions for the game while being single covered the entire second half speaks a lot more to my point.

Romo had to deal with multiple drops and receivers stopping on their routes in key situations, so obviously his completion % is going to take a hit.

His one interception was on 4th down with 16 seconds left and no timeouts, the play after his receiver stopped running on what would have been a game winning touchdown pass.

It is pretty dumb to blame the QB for an interception on more or less a hail mary play to try to win the game, but it doesn't stop people from trying.
Spot on.

It's embarrassing how people will spin the stats in their favour to create the negative narrative that suits their agenda.

Similarly the Prescott apologists, Tad etc will try to highlight his finishing stats from the Packers game and dress up that the offense put up 32 points. Beyond embarrassing to deflect from his inept performance including a pick 6, another turnover in Dallas territory that turned into another TD and taking a sack falling out of field goal range. He should have had a third pick instead of a TD late in the first half. It was a truly shocking performance.

Gator88

Reaction score
I never said anything remotely close to that. If you’re going to act like a 12 year old I won’t waste anymore time with you. :thumbup:
Ok, I guess we'll leave it with your points being debunked then

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Romo didn't play terribly in any of his playoff games. He did play bad against Minnesota in 2009. Played really good against philly in 2009 to get into the playoffs and really good again to beat Philly the next week. Played good against the Giants in 2007, led a 9 minute drive to take the lead before half and the defense let the Giants score in 43 seconds. Hit Patrick Crayton for a wide open touchdown (no one within 30 yards) and Crayton dropped it. Played really good against Detroit is 2014 and had a 143 rating in the cold against Green bay. Dak has played putrid in the majorty of his playoff games. His play cost the team games. Romo's did not. Not the same at all.
Romo would have this team at the very least in the NFC Championship game. He had s@#& to work with as a player.

Gator88

Reaction score
They are wormholes indeed. And distract us from the bigger problem -- an Owner/GM who holds on to his starting QBs with no Playoff success like he holds on to his Arkansas College Championship ring.
It is silly to act like the owner/gm will ever change, and it is also pretty silly to act like the situations for both QBs were the same.

starfan1

Reaction score
yeah, the Romo haters are the dak butt sniffers. You can read it in every one of your posts. Here we choke,
not all of that is true. some of the romo hater are Dak lovers (sounds better than your version) and some of the Romo lovers are Dak deniers but there is also a fair amount of fans that deny both and a fair amount that cheer on both. I think 95% of the conflict comes from one of the 2 camps of the QB they liked the most that much I think can be agreed upon

Swagger

Reaction score
Those elimination games with the NFC East on the line prove Dak didn’t choke in as many big games as Romo. Romo had a reputation for choking. The play he’s remembered most for was a bobbled hold on a FG attempt in a playoff game. He was known for the untimely mistake.
Quite. A play that should have had nothing to do with him as the starting QB!

I disagree as Prescott is already remembered for his poor play and choking performances in big games. The two playoff games vs 49ers, this playoff game vs the Packers and the win and you are in game vs the 3rd string Eagles are all worse than Romo. No QB would have beaten the Vikings with the Cowboys' offensive line in that game and Crayton hesitating on his route effectively lost the game vs the Giants. Murray fumbled and Dez officially failed to complete the catch vs the Packers.

Prescott doesn't have moments like that from other players which were the difference between winning and losing.

Sure you can highlight the snapped bobble vs the Seahawks as a huge mistake but it wasn't even a QB play which is all that's relevant to me - e.g., I wouldn't blame Prescott for missing a 30 yard field goal wide right.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Those elimination games with the NFC East on the line prove Dak didn’t choke in as many big games as Romo. Romo had a reputation for choking. The play he’s remembered most for was a bobbled hold on a FG attempt in a playoff game. He was known for the untimely mistake.
If Dak would have lost those elimination games to our rivals you know he would have been called on it.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Having a reputation for choking isn’t the same as it actually being true. Face it nobody would take Dak over Romo both in their primes and that’s the truth. If it wasn’t you wouldn’t be on your Dak defense tour adding extra games just to make Dak look better. As a qb he isn’t as good as Romo period.

Gator88

Reaction score
You didn’t debunk a single point I made you just want to keep this going. lol
If you don't think your points were debunked, maybe you were right about there not being a point to continue.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Having a reputation for choking isn’t the same as it actually being true. Face it nobody would take Dak over Romo both in their primes and that’s the truth. If it wasn’t you wouldn’t be on your Dak defense tour adding extra games just to make Dak look better. As a qb he isn’t as good as Romo period.
I got news for you most polls have Dak ranked ahead of Romo. Gil Brandt ranked Dak 3rd and Romo 5th on the Cowboys all-time QB list. Dak won more division titles than Romo and led the Cowboys to the playoffs three straight seasons, which is something Romo never did. Dak has a higher winning percentage than Romo and a higher career passer rating. Dak is the better QB.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/pla...cks-dak-prescott-was-three-and-tony-romo-five