News: ESPN: Claiborne demoted, skips walk-through

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Dumb move by Claiborne.

Seriously. There's more to playing in the NFL than just being a starter. He should count himself lucky that he's even on an NFL team with the way he's been playing. Best thing for him to do is to use this as motivation and work hard and prove to the coaches he should be the starter. This is such a prima donna move.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Those looking for a link, go to ESPN and click on the Dallas version, its there.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I think it was all about Sterling Moore anyway. Scandrick started over him in the Rams game. It was about the sub-packages than anything else.

The article indicates its about Scandrick over Claiborne.

CowboysLegend365

Reaction score
I can see frustration, but come on Mo. Where is your professionalism? Leaving practice is only thinking about yourself. With a big game coming up Sunday night.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Good to hear. Next step is cut him before he keeps getting burned.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I'm more surprised at the demotion than reaction. Let's see how Mo responds moving forward.

rcaldw

Reaction score
I don't blame Jerry for the player's performance. I don't blame Mo for where they picked him, that was the Cowboy's decision. I DO blame Jerry for once again feeling that he had to blabber everything instead of letting the coaches manage the psychology of their team. I just don't know why our owner has to play football guy at every stinking opportunity. Just gets old.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be fair, nobody likes to be called out by their boss. And that's basically what Jerry did...and then to be demoted on top of that? Some ppl don't react well to that.

It's what he does after he cools off is what matters to me.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I'm more surprised at the demotion than reaction. Let's see how Mo responds moving forward.

The demotion is cosmetic. Your top three CBs are pretty much starters most of the time.

His reaction to it is what surprises me. If this is the case, what a child.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
This is about playing who performs on the field. Being the 3rd pick buys you time to play crappy for a while. But you have an option on the bench that performs just about every time he's on the field. This would be a no-brainer for me.