News: ESPN: Claiborne demoted, skips walk-through

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Without a Scandrick suspension, where does he think he was going to start the year?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
To be fair, nobody likes to be called out by their boss. And that's basically what Jerry did...and then to be demoted on top of that? Some ppl don't react well to that.

It's what he does after he cools off is what matters to me.

I understand that. Can't let your ego get to you. Without Scandrick suspension, he would not have been starting out of camp.

rcaldw

Reaction score
So, anyone else willing to defend him?

What is different between this and what people have scolded Ahmad Dixon for?

I didn't see where anyone defended him. I certainly don't. But I will say this. If you are a player that CARES, and from all I can see, Mo cares, then you are already harder on yourself, and putting more pressure on yourself than anyone else. When the owner comes out and basically says you are a disappointment, I just don't know what the owner is aiming at? Maybe to fire Mo up, but guess what, who would know best how to motivate this particular player? I've heard great coach after great coach say that every player is different. Some need encouragement, some need a kick in the pants. Now who would know best what Mo needs? Jerry Jones, or the coaching staff? I say the coaching staff. Let THEM handle that stuff. How hard is it to say something like:

"You know what, that is a question I'm never going to address. The player is young, his career story is still being written. Why don't we get to the end of that story before we evaluate it?"

Not hard to do.

dstovall5

Reaction score
I could tell you, but then I'd have to... well, you know. :)

Link is available now, thanks Vintage.

I always knew Claiborne had an account here, but seriously, that's weird to talk about yourself in third person. :laugh:

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Damn I hate to hear that. If anybody gets injured it's gonna put Claiborne back into the starting lineup. And how do you think he's gonna feel knowing it's only because the guy ahead of him is hurt? He's gonna be passed off and unmotivated. I.e. Mike Jenkins his last year here

rcaldw

Reaction score
I don't get how he could be so upset over this. Did he think he was playing well or something? lol

I don't think Mo has played well, but on that last drive, he pressured the QB and he picked off the final pass. I think you have to let him keep playing. But that's not a fan's call, that is coaching staff's call. All I'm saying is let the coaches manage the players psyche when a move like this is about to be made.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I didn't see where anyone defended him. I certainly don't. But I will say this. If you are a player that CARES, and from all I can see, Mo cares, then you are already harder on yourself, and putting more pressure on yourself than anyone else. When the owner comes out and basically says you are a disappointment, I just don't know what the owner is aiming at? Maybe to fire Mo up, but guess what, who would know best how to motivate this particular player? I've heard great coach after great coach say that every player is different. Some need encouragement, some need a kick in the pants. Now who would know best what Mo needs? Jerry Jones, or the coaching staff? I say the coaching staff. Let THEM handle that stuff. How hard is it to say something like:

"You know what, that is a question I'm never going to address. The player is young, his career story is still being written. Why don't we get to the end of that story before we evaluate it?"

Not hard to do.

Here here. Especially when that owner is just an egotistical azz.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
How hard is it to say something like:

Not hard to do.

Regardless of what Jones said, his reaction to it was childish. I do not care who said what. All we know is he got upset, we do not know if it was the hard news of a demotion, or being called out on the radio by the owner. All we have is him skipping a workout and behaving unprofessionally.

Honestly, if that is his mentality, he's as weak minded as can be and has no business being a CB in the NFL.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
"Is he what we had hoped for at this point when we drafted him with the sixth overall pick, giving up the [second-round] pick to go up to the sixth pick to get him? No," Jones said on 105.3 The Fan. "But he's going to be a good player."

If that's the quote that got him so upset, then he was never going to be any good anyway.

I think it was just the demotion, but he still reacted poorly.

Zordon

Reaction score
I can't tell you how vindicated I feel about this guy.

rcaldw

Reaction score
In this day and age, I wonder how many tweets were waiting on Mo's phone after the Jerry Jones interview?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I don't think Mo has played well, but on that last drive, he pressured the QB and he picked off the final pass. I think you have to let him keep playing. But that's not a fan's call, that is coaching staff's call. All I'm saying is let the coaches manage the players psyche when a move like this is about to be made.

You have to let him keep playing because he made one play? Come on, dude. Don't let one play cloud your memory here.

Rob Mexico

Reaction score
I'm surprised, I figured it would take another national spot light embarrassment before the move was made. Let's hope Mo doesn't check out on Sunday cause this game coming up is not the one that we need to be missing a part of our secondary.

rcaldw

Reaction score
"Is he what we had hoped for at this point when we drafted him with the sixth overall pick, giving up the [second-round] pick to go up to the sixth pick to get him? No," Jones said on 105.3 The Fan. "But he's going to be a good player."

If that's the quote that got him so upset, then he was never going to be any good anyway.

I think it was just the demotion, but he still reacted poorly.

I don't mean this in a smart way, just being serious. Have you ever played sports? Because if you have, then you know exactly what Jerry Jones was saying. And despite how the statement finished, he wasn't saying Mo is good. :)

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I don't get how he could be so upset over this. Did he think he was playing well or something? lol

He may not have reacted that way if not for the gapping hole in Jerry's face. I think JG probably had it handled with out embarrassing Mo.
Then Jones just couldn't resist, like he hasn't embarrassed himself enough in recent weeks.

rcaldw

Reaction score
You have to let him keep playing because he made one play? Come on, dude. Don't let one play cloud your memory here.

No, I would let him play because (a) He's still young (b) He's coming off a good camp (c) He's coming off some injury issues following the good camp (d) You have invested a #6 overall in the guy (e) YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH THE SAME THING WITH SUBSTITUTIONS in a game without PUBLICLY killing what confidence he has left. That's how I think they should have dealt with it. Just play him fewer snaps and pick where you want to put him in as the game goes on.