News: ESPN: Claiborne demoted, skips walk-through

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Feel bad for the guy as a person.

But

As a fan of the Dallas Cowboys it had to be done.

I was really hopeful for him to turn it around too

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly think Claiborne could get cut over this development. We all should care what's going on here.

I doubt he gets released, as well. People are speaking from a position of a fan. With the depth at the CB spot, he still has a place on the team. I even doubt him being deactivated considering they play the Saints on Sunday.

If he comes back tomorrow and does the whole apology in front of the team bit, all will be back to normal.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
27xqxcz.jpg

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
Here are the reasons why:

1) We have no edge rushers right now

2) Sam can play special teams... Now that Claiborne is a backup what good is he?

3) Despite all the media nonsense Sam has been a consummate professional and and his teammates at Mizzou and elsewhere always speak highly of him. Replacing Mo - who is a locker room distraction right now - with Sam will improve team chemistry.

4) Garrett can instantly earn respect from the team by letting players know he doesn't put up with this nonsense.

itsaboat

Reaction score
Jack Crawford made a couple of plays when he was in. He's probably a much better player than Sam is right now. Claiborne can still play outside when Scandrick goes to the slot.

yentl911

Reaction score
I agree...I should care.

I just don't.

Let's set the tone and cut him. Let people know that when they are not performing and then decide to place themselves ahead of the team the only question left is - window or aisle.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I hear you on the DL but Mo's subpar performance since he was drafted is deserving of an asskicking and no one is being over the top hard on the kid. The criticism is warranted.

Well I do think he deserves the demotion, I just don't think he should be the only one demoted.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Regardless of what Jerry said or didn't say, Garrett had to make this move or risk losing the team. Babe posted a tweet shortly after the game saying this. Keeping Claiborne in the starting lineup would be telling the team that performance was secondary to draft status.

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
Jack Crawford made a couple of plays when he was in. He's probably a much better player than Sam is right now. Claiborne can still play outside when Scandrick goes to the slot.

Rather have sterling moore on the field than Mo. Moore has clearly outplayed him as well.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He's been here 3 years and all he has is 4 picks???!!!

4 picks? I can recall three. The three I can recall were all bad throws. Cam Newton threw a bad pass in the end zone and Claiborne just happened to be in the right place. Bad throw. Peyton Manning underthrew a ball by a lot and Claiborne picked it off. Again, it was a horrible throw. And then on Sunday, Davis overthrew and Claiborne picked it off. Again, a bad throw.

Can't recall the 4th INT. Although it says a whole lot that I can recall pretty much all his INTs in the 24 games he played.:)

Deactivate him for a couple of games. Save some cap money. And then trade him for whatever. I seriously don't give a rat's rear end about him.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
This situation gives pause to any GM that may have thought about trading for him. His stock is plummeting. What a dumb decision.