News: ESPN: Dez Bryant: 'Don't test my loyalty'

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Greg Jennings won a superbowl. He was huge in the win against Pittsburgh and in the playoffs. Larry Fitz almost won Arizona the superbowl for Arizona against Pittsburgh but Big Ben threw a td with like 30 seconds left or whatever it is. Jordy Nelson looks incredible this year, and Green Bay looks unstoppable. And Percy harvin, well, pretty sure he was the driving force in seattles superbowl in last season. So,,,,,,your point? lol

Greg Jennings was with the Packers when he did that. He is no longer playing for the Packers and the current contract is with the Vikings. Harvin played in one game. He was not the driving force on that team but it doesn't matter. Again, the contract for Harvin is with the Jets.

As for the almosts, like Fitz, well that's the point right? Almost is not what you are paying for. You are paying for Championships, theoretically.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers won a SB 3 years ago...isn't that pretty recent.

Yeah that is but does not change the fact that others outside of Peyton, Brady and Rodgers have also won, that was the point. I love having Dez on the team and I expect him to be signed I just do not think the Cowboys being and end with Dez.

DTown214

Reaction score
On First Take today they talked about the Dez Bryant contract situation, and the name of the title on the screen was "#DezExit". lol

Anyone that's even debating if Dez will leave Dallas or not has no idea what they're talking about. Dez has made it clear he wants to be a Cowboy for life, and Jerry isn't dumb enough to let him walk. The only thing debatable is how much money the contract will be worth.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
On First Take today they talked about the Dez Bryant contract situation, and the name of the title on the screen was "#DezExit". lol

Anyone that's even debating if Dez will leave Dallas or not has no idea what they're talking about. Dez has made it clear he wants to be a Cowboy for life, and Jerry isn't dumb enough to let him walk. The only thing debatable is how much money the contract will be worth.

True but both sides have a bottom line as well.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dez also said to not test his loyalty. He has already turned down a 10 year 120 million contract and feels disrespected by it. So, what would you do? Throw CJ money at him?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dez also said to not test his loyalty. He has already turned down a 10 year 120 million contract and feels disrespected by it. So, what would you do? Throw CJ money at him?

To be fair, the part that I believe is problematic are not the 10 year, 120 million. The part that is problematic is the 20 Million Guaranteed.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Greg Jennings was with the Packers when he did that. He is no longer playing for the Packers and the current contract is with the Vikings. Harvin played in one game. He was not the driving force on that team but it doesn't matter. Again, the contract for Harvin is with the Jets.

As for the almosts, like Fitz, well that's the point right? Almost is not what you are paying for. You are paying for Championships, theoretically.

Yes he was on the packers, and was huge in winning the Superbowl. Im just pointing out that WR can be huge assets to teams. Thats all. And replacing Dez Bryant isnt easy. If we somehow manged to bring in Jordy Nelson/Randall Cobb. Sure you let Dez go. But this is reality, and beast WR dont grow on trees. Especially with dez bryants love for the game. Ill bring you back to the St. Louis game when we were down. Dez was on the sideline rallying the troops, we came back and won. Im not saying hes the only reason, but it helps to have that voice on the sidelines.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yes he was on the packers, and was huge in winning the Superbowl. Im just pointing out that WR can be huge assets to teams. Thats all. And replacing Dez Bryant isnt easy. If we somehow manged to bring in Jordy Nelson/Randall Cobb. Sure you let Dez go. But this is reality, and beast WR dont grow on trees. Especially with dez bryants love for the game. Ill bring you back to the St. Louis game when we were down. Dez was on the sideline rallying the troops, we came back and won. Im not saying hes the only reason, but it helps to have that voice on the sidelines.

And I'm saying that paying huge money to WRs is not a guarantee that they will live up to those contracts so to say that posters don't understand is not accurate. There are certainly opinions, based on data, that support the idea that spending big money on WRs don't work out, in most cases.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
The problem is, we have drafted defense, signed free agents. We will never be good on D. Ever. We just suck at defense. We are better off having a D like the way it is now, hope to get lucky in the early rounds on a pass rusher, while we still have a potent offense.

Mike J,MO, Spencer, ect have all sucked. We don't draft defense good. The ones we have, are injured, and have gotten to old and play better else where (Newman, Ware, Lee ect)

We weren't drafting that great on offense either. We seem for what ever reason to be changing that. It can't be done on the other side of the ball?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
The fans on this board are literally either joking, or really dont understand what losing Dez Bryant would mean. A) Murray has been healthy the first time in his career, during a contract year....hmmmm. B) The reason Murray looks the way he does is because they always have 2 players on Dez. Take him out of the equation. Now they stack the box, and we do what? Hope romo lasts the season? Really? Come on guys. We are not going to draft a WR that teams automatically double team and build entire game plans around.

Teams are already stacking the box and Dez isn't drawing as much double teams as he has in the past. We aren't a pass first team now.

DiResta

Reaction score
Won't happen, Eagles or Commanders will pay him. Then people like you can cry some more, when we become the bottom feeders on the NFC East, While Dez/Eagles or Skins, put it on us Twice a Year.

You won't be saying, Good Luck, anymore. lol!

if anybody here is whining and crying its you. OH NOES LET DEZ WALK YOULL SEE HE GONNA PUT IT ON US 2X A YEARZ!!! SOB
whatever dude throw your insults somewhere else. I never once said let him walk Im saying if you are so big a Dez homer that even if he demands unrealistic amounts of money that would cripple the team from resigning core players and decided to take the max market would pay then **** hopefully the team isnt a joke that you follow him to. he should get top 5 receiver money but not some stupid amount.

phildadon86

Reaction score
And I'm saying that paying huge money to WRs is not a guarantee that they will live up to those contracts so to say that posters don't understand is not accurate. There are certainly opinions, based on data, that support the idea that spending big money on WRs don't work out, in most cases.

Oh i agree with that. Im saying some posters dont realize how bad our offense would be if you took Dez out of the equation. Im referring more to the people who are just saying let him walk, like hes patrick crayton or something lol

Frozen700

Reaction score
if anybody here is whining and crying its you. OH NOES LET DEZ WALK YOULL SEE HE GONNA PUT IT ON US 2X A YEARZ!!! SOB
whatever dude throw your insults somewhere else..

So you say I'm whining and Crying. Correct?

But here you are typing in Caps, can't speak correct English, and then you come up in here emotional like an 11 year old girl cursing . Really, I know you got better comebacks than that.

You sound hurt. I mean damn, did what I say really hurt you like that? Go to the bathroom and clean up. After you let it all out, then come talk.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But here you are typing in Caps, can't speak correct English, and then you come up in here emotional like an 11 year old girl cursing . Really, I know you got better comebacks than that.

th

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Agreed. But take Dez out of the equation. Who are they covering now? lol TWill? Beas? Harris?

Every year just like Dez guy are looking to move. I'm sure they will find another great WR. Through the years it seems to be one thing they can find. Losing Dz would suck, but not at the price of losing more players just to keep him. He's not a franchise player in my eyes.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Agreed. But take Dez out of the equation. Who are they covering now? lol TWill? Beas? Harris?

Exactly!

They really believe these things. It's easy to hide behind a cowboys board and say things like that.

I bet they never venture out to an all sports forum. 90% of these members would get laughed at, and called homers.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Every year just like Dez guy are looking to move. I'm sure they will find another great WR. Through the years it seems to be one thing they can find. Losing Dz would suck, but not at the price of losing more players just to keep him. He's not a franchise player in my eyes.

Who is then?

And why isn't Dez?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Who is then?

And why isn't Dez?

Like it or not this team goes as Romo goes. It's obvious who is. Re watch the AZ game.
And let me add, unless a very good QB is hidden some where on the roster, Dez isn't worth a thing when Romos done.