ESPN: Don't Be Surprised If Tony Romo Holds The Cowboys Together

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I was exaggerating a little with the post, I admit. But yeah, I like what I've seen of him. But what really impresses me with him is that he lives and breathes football; read in the offseason, he trains with Calvin Johnson and AJ Green.

This guy certainly has the talent to be productive in the league. I think he can help out until Bryant gets back.

And he said... "I'm going to okay for americas team now" or "I'm going to play for the Dallas cowboys".... Something like that... Can't remember ;-)

burmafrd

Reaction score
The were winning prior to that 2-14 season because they had Peyton Manning at QB. Without a great QB they were 2-14 and Luck turned the Colts around overnight. I don't see much talent on that team Luck makes the Colts competitive.

you are truly incredible. Luck has never had to play with an O line Like Tony had in 2011 thru 2013.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
you are truly incredible. Luck has never had to play with an O line Like Tony had in 2011 thru 2013.

I live in a world of facts while you live in a world of BS. The 2011 OL was in transition but it featured a rookie Tyron Smith who played well that season. If the OL was bad how did Romo manage over 4000 yards, a 66% completion percentage, 31 TD's and a 102.5 passer rating which was his career high at the time? Until last season 2011 was Romo's most efficient season. If the 2011 OL was so bad how did a Demarco Murray a rookie manage a franchise record 253 yards and produce over 600 yards in just 4 games? The OL improved every season from 2011 and had two #1 picks on it by 2013....nuff said!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the Cowboys' bus had a flat KJJ would be reminding us for the rest of the season how the delay could cost the team a playoff spot.

And he'd be using 473 words (at minimum) to do it.

If you ran the team the Cowboys bus would be crumpled in a ditch. It was you who said you wouldn't have had a problem trading Dez for a #1. A flat can be fixed with you the Cowboys bus would have been totaled. lol

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Biggest challenge of his career ? Are you kidding me!? We have a solid team all around. As long as that OL is intact and the defense is good we'll be fine. Biggest challenges were all those 8-8 seasons. He was surrounded by garbage back then.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

So was it just one comment or my entire post that has you shaking your head? lol So you honestly believe if Romo has to win games most of this season attempting 40-plus passes, his RB's averaging less than 4.0 a carry and his defense providing little pass rush and being gashed by the run when games are on the line he won't have at least one bad game? Can you point to a season in his career where he didn't have at least one off game? You wouldn't be able to find a season in Aaron Rodgers career where he didn't have at least one off game. It's clear some of you still don't get why Romo had such an efficient season in 2014. He's currently without two of the top offensive players in the entire league from last season who helped him have an MVP type season.

I don't think it's stretch to say the players around him better step up or it will result in some off games for him. The Cowboys will face their biggest challenges without Dez in games where they get down by 2 scores. The D is going to have to step up big vs teams like NE or Brady will carve us up. Romo may have to attempt 50-plus passes in that game if what we saw last Sunday is how the Cowboys are going to have to win games all season. Give me 10-6 right now and I would take my chances with it. Go ahead and give me another facepalm that's all you have. lol

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Romo won't have all day to throw every week like last Sunday the Giants DL isn't the same without JPP. If the Cowboys have to rely on Romo having all day to throw they're going to be in trouble. Some of you can downplay Dez's loss all you want but he's a huge loss for the Cowboys. If you want to be a championship team you need great players. The 90's Cowboys wouldn't have been the same great team without Irvin and Emmitt. The Cowboys lost their Irvin and Emmitt and they're going to have to try and compensate for these losses. A lot of short passes to the backs to make up for the lack of a running game and having to hope TWill or someone can step up and give the team a dependable down the field threat. Opponents don't need a Dez Bryant type receiver to exploit the Cowboys secondary especially minus Scandrick.

We had very little pass rush last week with Gregory in there. With him gone for a few weeks and Hardy still 3 games away from being added not having much of a pass rush and the loss of the teams top corner is bound to have some negative effects. As for James Jones he's caught a lot of TD passes from Rodgers but he obviously didn't fit in with the Raiders they're so screwed up no one seems to fit in with them. His familiarity with Rodgers and the Packers offense enabled him to step in last week and make an impact.

If you're a Cowboy fan why do you hate the Cowboys so much?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You are looking at this backwards. More like they were 2-14 because their QBs were Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky and declined Kerry Collins.

Why do you think most teams don't do as well with the backup QBs starting after the starter goes down. The team is same except for the QB. A good team with a bad QB play can start to lose games they wouldn't have lost with the good QB.

Indy used 3 QB's that season and were terrible with all of them because the QB's weren't very good and the team around them stunk. They were able to prepare an entire offseason without Manning and things went horribly wrong because that team was dependent on a franchise QB to have any chance. Most teams will struggle without their starter but most "solid" teams can stay afloat for awhile with their backup. Take last season for example Foles went down and Philly was able to win some games with Mark Sanchez who was looked at as a joke in NY. Philly beat the Cowboys in a blowout with Sanchez on Thanksgiving. Green Bay lost Rodgers for a few games in 2013 and were able to win a couple of games including against the Cowboys with Matt Flynn. Flynn chewed up the Cowboys defense with 4 TD's but once he left Green Bay for less talented teams he's looked average at best.

Josh McCown who replaced an injured Jay Culter a couple of years ago helped keep the Bears afloat and torched the Cowboys but once he left for Tampa he looked like crap on that team. Matt Cassel looked terrific with a talented NE team around him in 08 as he subbed for an injured Tom Brady. He looked so good leading the Pats to an 11-5 record that KC gave up a #2 for him and he flopped because of the lack of talent in KC. When Luck arrived in Indy they had an aging Reggie Wayne at WR and no running game which prompted the Colts to throw away a #1 on Trent Richardson the following year. Once you get past Luck the Colts wouldn't win 4-5 games with Matt Flynn, Matt Cassel or a Josh McCown.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you're a Cowboy fan why do you hate the Cowboys so much?

Take your tiring agenda elsewhere just another ridiculous spin by a FAN who has Tony Romo ranked ahead of Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman. LOL That says it all about you and your knowledge of the game. All you ever do is come around to try and stir up trouble with me. Give it a rest!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If the Cowboys' bus had a flat KJJ would be reminding us for the rest of the season how the delay could cost the team a playoff spot.

And he'd be using 473 words (at minimum) to do it.

Don't steal my stuff.
Everything I post is instantly copy written and monitored by the ghost of Johnny Cochran.
Beware, be Ware, but late in the season Ware... he's toothless then.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Take your tiring agenda elsewhere just another ridiculous spin. That says it all about you and your knowledge of the game. All you ever do is come around to try and stir up trouble with me. Give it a rest!

Ruffle them feathers, boy! 8 million plus on-line followers are counting on you!

Baby you can drive my car...if daddy will give me the keys. Agenda, spin...stir up trouble. Well, you should know, you have the experience...boy.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where did you read that? :cool: Provide the post because I know exactly what was said and it wasn't close to that. lol
It's not paranoia if they're really out to get ya.

lmao!

"My bad for jumping to the wrong conclusion, Pessimist Cowboy. Totally my fault. I forgot what I read in the first paragraph in the OP
."

Now what you will actually re-reply to Pessimist Cowboy should be interesting. :popcorn:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
It's not paranoia if they're really out to get ya.

lmao!
"My bad for jumping to the wrong conclusion, Pessimist Cowboy. Totally my fault. I forgot what I read in the first paragraph in the OP."

Now what you will actually re-reply to Pessimist Cowboy should be interesting. :popcorn:

The poor dude replies to a ghost post. lmao

His 8 million followers are going to really be embarrassed at the kid now! That was a major slip up on the boy's fault. It's proof that all he comes here for is to argue with anyone and sometime nobody at the same time!

lmao what a fool...trolls eventually slip on their own crap.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A couple here might try getting a life that doesn't involve an obsession with me. LOL