Video: ESPN GET UP - Rex Ryan: Don't you dare blame Dak! GB ran circles around DQ! Put on a clinic!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Ryan isn't wrong, this was probably the worst defensive performance of the year....maybe outside of the Seattle game?

With that said though Dak pretty much handed GB 14 points early on too. Total team loss, not sure how you excuse anyone.
probably the worst performace of the year outside of the Zona, 9ers, Seahawks, Fish and Lions you mean..lest we forget we almost lost to the Dave Tappers. I am so depressed today

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
When your defense sucks as bad as our did it wouldn't have mattered but Dak needs to be held accountable The offense did absolutely nothing and Dak played beyond awful.. He had the deer in the headlight look again. When the defense struggles the offense needs to pick up their game and they didn't. Right now I don't care who's back or not. They all suck and Dak included.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
You just stick to the Dak zone.

You’ve been told all year this would happen and yet here you still are.

Lol what pulse was that? Is it those garbage time stats you people fluff up when the game is all but over?
This year say what it is Dak and CD were the offense. Period. Had a few crap games but still came out and put up some numbers. That said, it doesnt mean nothing if you cant close and they could not even do that. But our defense basically got replaced there. That motion killed us and eliminated our ability to do anything. We should be very much embarrassed big time at home.

Ken

Reaction score
You just stick to the Dak zone.

You’ve been told all year this would happen and yet here you still are.

Lol what pulse was that? Is it those garbage time stats you people fluff up when the game is all but over?
We scored 10 points to cut it to 27-10 early in the 3rd. defense laid down and couldn't get even a sniff of a stop.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Said the same. Dan actually had good points and Rex came back with comments that show why he isn’t on a sideline
I'm struggling for any reason why Rex would take up for Dak this strongly after what we all witnessed last night?

only conclusion I can come to is, maybe Dak has really attractive feet?

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
It's only 13-0 if Dak doesn't hand them 14 points.
I said that already. The TO are his to own. But he doesnt play defense. And at that moment our defense needed to step up and at least hold them until our offense woke the heck up and did what they should have done. They dropped that too.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
  • Cowboys' first drive lasts only 3:13 giving the defense no time to rest after the 7:52 they were on the field to begin the game.
  • Cowboys' defense forces a punt after 2:29 on the proceeding drive
  • 3 plays later Dak throws an interception leaving the Packers on the Cowboys' 19-yard line. At best the defense is going to give up 3 points here.
  • Cowboys offense punts again and defense gives up a touchdown, time of possession is almost entirely Packers offense.
  • Dak gives up an interception for a touchdown.
At this point the score is 27-0 and 14 points can be attributed to the offense, primarily Dak.

If the score was 13-0 at half, maybe the Cowboys can still come back but 27-0, the defense isn't going to get pressure on the QB. It's a completely different dynamic.

The defense gave up 48 points, but again 14 of those points were attributable to the offense. That adjusts to 34 points on the defense. Certainly not a good night, but not the massive collapse that one may suggest. Consider the time of possession issues and the lack of pressure due to the lead and yeah, you're not putting the defense in a position to succeed.

So yes, this was Dak's fault.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I said that already. The TO are his to own. But he doesnt play defense. And at that moment our defense needed to step up and at least hold them until our offense woke the heck up and did what they should have done. They dropped that too.
13 points given up at halftime wouldn't have been bad at all.

The defense probably doesn't quit like they do at 27-0.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Best game analysis of national sports morning shows. Rex Ryan gives Dak a break, but Dan Orlovsky goes hard on him. All 3 though agree that DQ was schooled by GB. Green Bay set up a clinic on how to deal with Dallas defense. Recommend you watch video to see the gameplay they break down. Can't bulletin point it.

Rex Ryan
  • This defense stunk! I don't know why they got outcoached but point to defense period!
    • They struggle with teams that run the ball.
    • 9 1/2 yards on 1st down the Cowboys gave up! That's incredible!
    • Why are you playing 6 DBs for 48/54 snaps against the run??? You don't do that when you're getting your brain kicked in.
  • Dak Prescott is the future of the team. Played MVP all year and talking about not going to bring him back??
    • Overall performance, hell no, not on Dak
    • Dak didn't play well, but compared to that defense he looked like a superstar, Joe Montana wouldn't have had a chance
    • I would have loved to have Dak as my QB.
    • Calls out some of Dan Orlovsky's game tape below
  • Dallas is not built to win in January, every loss, other team ran on something like 100-110 times, passed on 60-70 times
  • I thought the entire football team looked shocked after GB's first drive.
    • When you hear comments from Jerry Jones, Dak, McCarthy.. they just assumed they were the mighty Cowboys and could lay their jocks on field and dominate and win
Dan Orlovsky
  • Same thing happened we talked about on Monday, bad matchup (that video was posted last week)
    • Jordan Love under center
    • Ton of presnap motion
    • Ton of playaction pass
    • Cowboys defense struggled all season with that but no one listened
    • See video for examples.
  • Run Game, split flow. Run one direction then cut backside. They did it to Parsons 6x. Clearly they game planned against Parsons.
    • DQ is a great coach, but Green Bay ran circles around him.
  • I thought Dak looked under panic. Uncharacteristic decisions.
    • See video for examples. Dan runs down many bad decisions.
    • Both interceptions were not good decision to throw. See his video examples.
    • This defense allowed Tommy Cutlets and Bryce Young to be NFC Player of Week. Everyone made fun of it.
    • EVERYONE thought Dallas offense would go up and down on it.
    • No one debates if Dak is a good player, he has his entire career. But once again when they needed him, going against a kid who was in his first playoff game on the road, he failed.
Domonique Foxworth
  • GB wanted to avoid 3rd down at all costs
  • Playaction was the killer. Big shots taken on 2nd down.
  • Max protection against Micah, then just manned up and #11 still didn't make play
  • Offensive Line not only pushed Dallas back but out-schemed Dallas defense.
  • Dominique agrees with Rex Ryan. Wasn't all Dak bad decision on one interception. Great execution by GB's defensive backs.
    • But this is irrelevant. Dak and offense have to show up in a big game like this and keep them in game
See Reply #20 for second part of show.

Yes they did and Dak gave them 14 more!

BoysForLife

Reaction score
if you are blaming the defense for giving up points when Dak handed them the ball inside our 20, I guess that says it all about your perspective on this one.

That was a brush against Cooks' leg from being a 2nd pick 6.
No way that 2nd GB TD is on the defense. Hard stop.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
13 points given up at halftime wouldn't have been bad at all.

The defense probably doesn't quit like they do at 27-0.
Come on man dont play that card. Whatever our defense did, they didn't stop them period. The offense basically played catch up and the defense got no stops. We cant win a game that way.