ESPN: Howard to Lakers - Done Deal

Reaction score
crazytown41;4655972 said:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
If L.A. does not work out for Dwight, says source briefed on his thinking, he knows "Dallas will be there for him." Mavs will have cap space

ESPN source says Dwight definitely NOT doing extension with Lakers. Will test drive Lakerland for season and go to free agency in July 2013

I honestly doubt he leaves.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trade complete, per ESPN.....

A four-team trade that would send Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers is complete, multiple sources told ESPN on Thursday night.

A source with direct knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com's Marc Stein the Lakers will receive Howard, the Denver Nuggets will acquire Andre Iguodala, the 76ers will receive Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson, and the Magic will get Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic and one protected future first-round pick from each of the other three teams.

In addition, the Magic will be getting other pieces, including 76ers No. 1 draft pick Moe Harkless, a source told Stein.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...rd-los-angeles-lakers-four-team-deal-complete

Boys122

Reaction score
I just got home, and find this?

Awesome. Not a bad deal and Gasol is still a Laker.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4655894 said:
http://i1054.***BLOCKED***/albums/s490/CowboysAndLakersFan/2f7364af.jpg

talk about hypocrisy! where is all your howard hate at now? is he still not as good as bynum?

obviously a great trade for the lakers, he is a massive upgrade over bynum, and he is the perfect big man for steve nash since nash cant guard anyone, at least he will have howard back there to protect him after he gets burned

crazytown41

Reaction score
crazytown41;4655972 said:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
If L.A. does not work out for Dwight, says source briefed on his thinking, he knows "Dallas will be there for him." Mavs will have cap space

ESPN source says Dwight definitely NOT doing extension with Lakers. Will test drive Lakerland for season and go to free agency in July 2013
Cowboys&LakersFan;4655981 said:
I honestly doubt he leaves.
If the Lakers choke against OKC. Or Nash's back gives way. Mavs can make a run at Dwight and CP3.

Laker fans shouldnt be celebrating until he signs that extension.

Could very well be a 1yr rental

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
casmith07;4655891 said:
What a steal for the Lakers if true. Basically acquired Howard for Bynum and a 1st rounder. Wow.

It won't be a steal if he doesn't sign an extension with them after the season.

Bynum, when healthy, is one of the best centers in the game, and he is only what 24?

If DH signs an extension, yes, it is a major steal. Pau, Kobe, Nash, Dwight will definitely be tough to handle.

MC KAos

Reaction score
the lakers are gonna be really good, but far from unbeatable, thats still 3 guys that are getting up there in age and could regress massively at any moment, plus a guy coming off a serious back injury. they might be the favorites now, but i wouldnt pencil them into the finals.

Mash

Reaction score
I like this trade for the sixers :D

I'm not a laker hater but im not sold on them being the team to beat. Nash plays no defense and IMHO Howard is overrated ......yes I said it :)

If Howard leaves for FA next yr.....what a waste of a trade.

IMHO I like Bynum.....and I'm excited to see how meshes with the young sixers team

Reaction score
I would like to take this time to wish Andrew Bynum good luck in Philly. I LOVE the kid, he's one of my favorite players, and I think he'll dominate in Philly. He'll finally have his own squad in Philly. I don't think Dwight is much better from a talent perspective than Bynum, but he is the far better fit. That's really what it came down to IMO. I'll definitely be rooting for Drew in Philly and may even get a jersey. :p:

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Who buys jerseys for other teams besides their favorite ? Especially those without jobs ?

That's just crazy talk.

I think Randy White was a beast at UMD, I would never buy a Cowboys Jersey for myself. Friends and family, sure. But never for me.

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4656050 said:
Kaos, Howard is not a massive upgrade. An upgrade yes, massive...no.

No, but he's a much better fit. Steve Nash is real effective will solid pick and roll bigs. Remember him and Amare in Phoenix? Now he's got argurably the two best pick and roll bigs in the NBA in Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard.

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4656055 said:
Who buys jerseys for other teams besides their favorite ? Especially those without jobs ?

That's just crazy talk.

I think Randy White was a beast at UMD, I would never buy a Cowboys Jersey for myself. Friends and family, sure. But never for me.

I bought one for Shaq when he got traded and I'll do the same for Drew.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4656048 said:
I would like to take this time to wish Andrew Bynum good luck in Philly. I LOVE the kid, he's one of my favorite players, and I think he'll dominate in Philly. He'll finally have his own squad in Philly. I don't think Dwight is much better from a talent perspective than Bynum, but he is the far better fit. That's really what it came down to IMO. I'll definitely be rooting for Drew in Philly and may even get a jersey. :p:

I just spoke with Andrew Bynum.. he says you can take your good luck and stuff it.

:)

Also, i think its pretty funny you're acting happy and trying to troll others about the trade after all your Howard hating recently, lol.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
MC KAos;4656033 said:
the lakers are gonna be really good, but far from unbeatable, thats still 3 guys that are getting up there in age and could regress massively at any moment, plus a guy coming off a serious back injury. they might be the favorites now, but i wouldnt pencil them into the finals.

Going all out for a ride on the Alex Morgan Fan Bus, i see. :D

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Thankfully this story can stop dominating sports headlines.

Reaction score
Hennigan is a native of Worcester, Massachusetts. He graduated from Emerson College in 2004 with a degree in broadcast journalism. At Emerson, he was a Division III All-American, Academic All-American, and the Great Northeast Athletic Conference Player of the Year for three consecutive seasons. Hennigan also graduated Emerson as its all-time leading scorer. After college, he spent four years working for the San Antonio Spurs and another four years working for the Oklahoma City Thunder before taking the GM position at Orlando in 2012.On August 9th, 2012, Rob Hennigan officially became the worst GM in the history of professional basketball when he traded Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers for 2 Diet Cokes and a bag of Lays potato chips.

Source: Wiki

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: