ESPN: Jerry Jones' comments on Dak Prescott needing to step up with a bigger contract

Flamma

Reaction score
I get the bashing of Dak's most recent playoff games but the earlier part of his career he did more than enough to win ALL of them.

Even his last 3 playoff losses, his defense and teammates have totally let him down. I watch every single playoff game, and recently the only QB who's been let down by his teammates and defense more is Rodgers. Well...Matt Ryan too. If he counts as recent. Just the cold hard facts.

Everyone else has players around them doing their job more times than not.
I always take a lot of this stuff into consideration. But we're not competing in the last 3 playoff games. Dallas gave up 19 points last year to the 49ers, and at no point did I think we had a chance to win. Was that the defenses fault? Another thing to consider, would Dak have played better had our defense played better last year against the Packers? Or would it have been just like last year against the 49ers? We only started moving the ball because the game was already over. The pressure was off, and the dogs were called off.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems the Pampering days are over for #4.
Honestly who the heck is he to get a free ride?
You want 60 million man, well prove you're worth it.
Beating dog teams in the regular season ain't cutting it Dak.
There is no way he survives this upcoming schedule esp with all the outside on-grass games......mama Mia....look away look away it will be gruesome!!
306afaad-558d-41a9-b837-379663b5a471_text.gif
Damn...posting Dak hate in the middle of the night!! I hope there is a little room left in your head, where Dak lives, for you to function.
I haven't drank since January 1st, but these posts are getting me in the mood!
Salud and Go Cowboys!
:muttley:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What Do Contract Mean?! Dak is 100% under one. Not sure why this is such a big issue.
Agreed, but "under contract" was also CeeDee, and we saw what happened because of that. Same thing with Zack Martin last year. Same thing with so many other Cowboys star players over the years.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I suppose it's hypothetical, but some desperate team may offer $70m, knowing that Dak would need the financial incentive to join a bottom dweller. This is possibly what Jerry's looking at, 'yea he'll get offers, but will he take the extra money to play in the cold or for a non-contender'.
Dak making 70 million on a bottom dweller would be the end of His Brand. He would be crucified week in and week out as he is exposed for who he really is

His brand would be damaged beyond repair and all hopes of becoming a "Talking Head", after his playing days are over, may also be at risk

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Running game and O-Line?

Who is getting highly paid out of those 2 groups? None of the RBs. On the Oline, it's only old man Zack Martin (which this year is his last under contract) and Terence Steele. That's it. Pretty much no big pay is currently being used for either the RB or Oline groups.
He’s speaking historical, your boy has had one of the best o lines, receivers at one time 2 number 1’s, the best running back in Zemler. He went through them and still has his hand out asking for round three. He’s a bad stock, cut your losses or you can continue to be his cousin and support him like you’re married to him. We know you’ll pick him, no biggie.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Damn...posting Dak hate in the middle of the night!! I hope there is a little room left in your head, where Dak lives, for you to function.
I haven't drank since January 1st, but these posts are getting me in the mood!
Salud and Go Cowboys!
:muttley:
I know your world is that Cow and the State of Texas.
It's a big world out there with many time zones and not necessarily the same one where your cow is resting. :muttley:

NotForLong

Reaction score
That's true. It'll be fun to watch them for 6 more years try to keep telling us Dak sucks while Dak is still gonna be here consuming 300 more of their Sundays. Maybe won't win anything but still... gonna be fun to see these people cry :laugh:
Yeah Win nothing and watch Dak Fans blame everyone else. . . Good Times. . . This is what you want. You are Helluva Fan. Go Cowboys

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah Win nothing and watch Dak Fans blame everyone else. . . Good Times. . . This is what you want. You are Helluva Fan. Go Cowboys
This one I think is a female so she is excused as her Dak-Crush hits home if you get what I'm saying.
He might sux as a QB but overall a decent-looking dude one would say.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I took it as questioning his ceiling. I took it as can Dak do more with less. If he’s asking that then there’s some question if Dak can raise the level of play of those around him.

I do strongly agree with you that something happened in that Green Bay game that goes beyond losing. There’s a small part of me that wanted CD to sign elsewhere and spill the beans. Because that fight/spat Dak and CD got into was really early in the game. Normally guys get frustrated or whatever when losing a playoff game in the 3rd or 4th quarter and start bickering. This was in the 1st quarter and the game was still within reach. It seemed odd. It seemed like a carry over from something else. Then you got CD’s mom doing her thing on social media and Parsons brother following suit. It was weird and a red flag something else was going on.

There’s a big part of me that believes money is not the reason for the lack of extension. I believe it’s the contract structure, Jerry has doubts about Dak, or possibly what we just discussed: locker room issues. Purely speculation on my part but I would love to know what’s going on behind the scenes. Jerry has always took care of his guys and I feel overpaid a lot. I mean he was about to sign Randy Gregory to a massive deal and RG backed out (thank God). So why not with Dak? It’s definitely weird.
Whatever it takes to sway Jerry because every decision he makes is a head scratchier. Even after these comments I am still not convinced Jerry will not cave . . . for no other reason then it is Jerry doing what Jerry does

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know your world is that Cow and the State of Texas.
It's a big world out there with many time zones and not necessarily the same one where your cow is resting. :muttley:
That's my world and it's a great world...especially after working 80 to 90 hours a week for 13 years as HC/AD. But, my world also includes my wife, daughter and taking care of my 89 year old dad. Thank you for providing me with my daily comedy relief and letting me know when the planes arrive.
I appreciate you!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's my world and it's a great world...especially after working 80 to 90 hours a week for 13 years as HC/AD. But, my world also includes my wife, daughter and taking care of my 89 year old dad. Thank you for providing me with my daily comedy relief and letting me know when the planes arrive.
I appreciate you!
Good for you as if you're happy, PAPPY is happy..........now is it Happy hour yet in Texas? :muttley:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He’s speaking historical, your boy has had one of the best o lines, receivers at one time 2 number 1’s, the best running back in Zemler. He went through them and still has his hand out asking for round three. He’s a bad stock, cut your losses or you can continue to be his cousin and support him like you’re married to him. We know you’ll pick him, no biggie.
Now now brown cow. No need to be a potty mouthed little boy......unless you want to get run over.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I appreciate you!
You were only a coach for 13 years?

The way you go on and on about it I thought you had the Dr and nurses in the delivery room running okies before the backs of your ears dried off. :laugh:

NotForLong

Reaction score
Exactly and this happened within the first 1-3 min of the game for crying out loud. I tend to believe and I'm just guessing here, that some of the team leaders or leader did not take the game as seriously coz GB was 7th seated and they were playing at home and some young players followed their lead which led to the entire team laying an egg. The game left a scar........Jerry still not letting them off the hook.

It doesn't take much to see/read Jerry's disappointment with Dak by his tone.
Or maybe Dak was talking out the side of his mouth and blamed Lamb for something and Lamb wasn't having it . . . Maybe was tired of Dak's form of "Locker Room Leadership"

McKDaddy

Reaction score
That's true. It'll be fun to watch them for 6 more years try to keep telling us Dak sucks while Dak is still gonna be here consuming 300 more of their Sundays. Maybe won't win anything but still... gonna be fun to see these people cry :laugh:
Well, he hasn't been signed yet despite ya'll saying this for years .... so it might just be you crying in the end.