ESPN: Jerry Jones' comments on Dak Prescott needing to step up with a bigger contract

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:muttley: And here they are when Dak hits the practice field...........
beatlemania-1.jpg
Looks like they are laughing at the haters and squealers! Lol! Great way to start the day, a few laughs and good hearted banter!
Have a good one!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Apologies here but I mean Jerry got to be off his rocker if he gives this Prescott another tailor-made Todd France deal.
Sometimes I wonder what Prescott or Todd hold over Jerry to even get that 1st big deal esp after the 1-4 start and massive injury?
I think Jerry believed that there would be some reciprocal good faith. Hey, I am still going to give you a big deal that financially secures you even though you haven't gotten us very far & are injured. You will work with me down the road. Of course the reciprocal has never happened.

Flamma

Reaction score
That's true. It'll be fun to watch them for 6 more years try to keep telling us Dak sucks while Dak is still gonna be here consuming 300 more of their Sundays. Maybe won't win anything but still... gonna be fun to see these people cry :laugh:
If Dak isn't signed by the start of the season, it's pretty obvious they want him to prove something.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak needs to show his big stats aren't just fluff and that he can rise to the challenge of a home playoff game.
Not going to happen. If they wait until week 8 of the regular season, they won't sign him. If they do it before the season starts, well, that's on them.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If Dak isn't signed by the start of the season, it's pretty obvious they want him to prove something.
If I was Dak, after Jerry just bashed me and tried to punk me out in front of the whole world, I would call Jerry, Stephen and McCarthy, today, and tell them I'm sitting out until I receive a new contract which I agree to. Let Rush and Lance QB the team to start the season. Once those losses start piling up and all of Cowboys Nation starts picketing to sign Dak immediately, we will soon find out who can punk who out.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
your option that show you've been paying attention....
A) Dak is pressing for a Cowboys contract and Jerry has changed his ways and has drawn a hardline...
B) Jerry is negotiating through the media again but this time the other side has true options and has set the rules of engagement...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The Dak Farewell 2024 Tour moves along.
I would hold off on that if I were you........Dak has the best of both worlds. It appears he is going to be the highest-paid QB, whether it is with the Cowboys under $60M or another team likely over $60M. I know you are hoping but I'm not sure he wanna start over with another team........too much invested as a Cowboy.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I would hold off on that if I were you........Dak has the best of both worlds. It appears he is going to be the highest-paid QB, whether it is with the Cowboys under $60M or another team likely over $60M. I know you are hoping but I'm not sure he wanna start over with another team........too much invested as a Cowboy.
He’s doing it for the brotherhood, bro.

This is bigger than him.

He has to take the biggest offer he can get and that will be in free agency.

If he must leave Dallas to sign for more money elsewhere then that’s just the sacrifice he has to make.

Dak is a hero.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dak is pressing for a Cowboys contract and Jerry has changed his ways and has drawn a hardline...
+1 but I suspect Dak has given Jerry a figure well above $60M to get his signature right now and walk away at a chance at free agency. Like you said, Jerry has drawn a hardline saying no way in hell w/o you showing me a whole more than what I have seen. JMO