ESPN: Jerry Jones' comments on Dak Prescott needing to step up with a bigger contract

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You were only a coach for 13 years?

The way you go on and on about it I thought you had the Dr and nurses in the delivery room running okies before the backs of your ears dried off. :laugh:
Big Time HC with numerous titles heck I think he's won a Lombardi also................ Hiccup...........burp............hey buddy when is last call is his famous slogan????
I hope the Cow is safe........... :muttley:

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Happens All the time! You want those 10k Options at the end of the year, Well you better make your numbers! Nothing wrong with laying out incentive there. Dak steps up he gets that $60m contract plus he gets to retire as a Dallas Cowboy QB and have a life after football like Aikman and Staubach.
Yes you make your numbers. So you say "ebit of xx.xxx€ generated by your project" or whatever. What Jerry said was something unmeasurable or at least dependant on too many other factors.

The whole message was just stupid. So stepping up how exactly? Throwing x amount of touchdowns in the play offs? No interceptions? Just saying "play better" is stupid.

I know some people think Jerry is a hidden genius and everything he does is for a reason. But I think here he just vented and (as usual) looked stupid in the process. But hey, everyone has their own opinion.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Run roh Stans. Looking like Dakkypoo may have to prove it this season if he wants another big contract from Dallas or any team.

We know how he does under pressure in the playoffs let's see how he handles pressure for his next paycheck
He said similar things about Lamb...

Flamma

Reaction score
There is really no reason to extend Dak before week 8. Lets see how we show up against these good teams. If we don't, why are we paying him 60M? Our roster is probably good enough to make the playoffs with a decent QB. They don't need to pay 60M to choke against a tough opponent. We can do that with anyone.

Of course the counter to this is, ok, we suck, but who else do you have?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
"At some point, you can't make all the money and do less work. He's got to do more work."

Pap you're one of the coolest on here, PLEASE tell me this is a lie, Jerry Jethro Jerruh Drunken Jones did not say this at all!!??????????? I see this as a smoke screen, maybe someone like Jimmy Johnson was able to get into his ear to help him think that far, but I can see this going elsewhere and being a smoke screen. Jerry is about to make Dak the highest paid QB in about 3 hours lol, Breaking News!!!!!! Say all this mess then before playing in any meaningful games he gets the bag!! What a joke

However it would be cool if this were cool to stick to his word

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pap you're one of the coolest on here, PLEASE tell me this is a lie, Jerry Jethro Jerruh Drunken Jones did not say this at all!!??????????? I see this as a smoke screen, maybe someone like Jimmy Johnson was able to get into his ear to help him think that far, but I can see this going elsewhere and being a smoke screen. Jerry is about to make Dak the highest paid QB in about 3 hours lol, Breaking News!!!!!! Say all this mess then before playing in any meaningful games he gets the bag!! What a joke

However it would be cool if this were cool to stick to his word
Bud I just don't see Daktrash getting Jerry this time around to give him another bag.
If it wasn't for the Politics that are involved (HATE HATE HATE you get the idea) Dak would have been gone already.
Jerry is setting him up and ya he's paid for honor!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
To me this is an unprofessional statement from a GM. Why? Because you can't put up a generally valid measurement for such a "requirement". That's like a boss saying "I want you to be the happiest employee if you want that raise".

So I also think this is just venting. Maybe the issue is something another NTC which Jerry doesn't want to grant right now? I can't imagine that money is the issue here. He likes his guys after all.
The problem is he talks to the media too much, when he needs to just keep things in house

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Bud I just don't see Daktrash getting Jerry this time around to give him another bag.
If it wasn't for the Politics that are involved (HATE HATE HATE you get the idea) Dak would have been gone already.
Jerry is setting him up and ya he's paid for honor!
It's deeper than that, the thought of having to start over and find the next new starter of the Cowboys is enough to stress him and several hundred bloggers on here. It happens, how many years of this do we need to see. How much do we need to give Dak before the same things happens and we can't field a decent team because we're so cash strapped with a QB that isn't getting us anywhere. The ship has sailed

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I mean its easy to talk tough when the other party has already set the rules...
Dak's team to Jerry: "Thanks for the offer we will see you in FA next offSeason"
Jerry to the fans "UUhh blah blah blah...Im gonna hold Dak accountable this season, please praise me for it"
and some of you eat this up as Jerry "Taking a hard stance"..come on...

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's deeper than that, the thought of having to start over and find the next new starter of the Cowboys is enough to stress him and several hundred bloggers on here. It happens, how many years of this do we need to see. How much do we need to give Dak before the same things happens and we can't field a decent team because we're so cash strapped with a QB that isn't getting us anywhere. The ship has sailed
Bud and yes Jerry has finally realized this............WE DONT HAVE A BONEFIED FRANCHISE QB under center for us.
We got a tier 3 QB who needs to be carried and even his teammates now are sick of doing all the work for the bum.

If Jerry wants to commit gridiron suicide then so be it............ Heck, it's his team whatever.....o_O

McKDaddy

Reaction score
getting Jerry this time around to give him another bag.
This also gives me hope. He has to clearly see how bad a situation the first contract has put him in and now they (Dak & France) want everything again. There has to be a lot of Deja Vu, I don't wanna do that again.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Bud and yes Jerry has finally realized this............WE DONT HAVE A BONEFIED FRANCHISE QB under center for us.
We got a tier 3 QB who needs to be carried and even his teammates now are sick of doing all the work for the bum.

If Jerry wants to commit gridiron suicide then so be it............ Heck, it's his team whatever.....o_O
right!!!!!!! As long as it doesn't affect my family, doesn't matter in the end lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This also gives me hope. He has to clearly see how bad a situation the first contract has put him in and now they (Dak & France) want everything again. There has to be a lot of Deja Vu, I don't wanna do that again.
RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exactly, you can't put us in that kind of bind again, knowing how things have been and to have our cap messed up and not being able to trade you etc, HELL no, bet on yourself and most likely it's time to move on. Get the bag somewhere else!!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You were only a coach for 13 years?

The way you go on and on about it I thought you had the Dr and nurses in the delivery room running okies before the backs of your ears dried off. :laugh:
Well, I least i wasn't playing with my little bike, just to feel the roar between my legs..
BTW, i coached for over 30 years...I was a HC for my last 13. Very proud of that. Now, now ride your big wheel, if Pappy will let you

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
"At some point, you can't make all the money and do less work. He's got to do more work."

agreed. he needs to step up. Lamb needs to stop crying on the sideline now that he got paid. Parsons needs to show up instead of jogging around, the defense needs to tackle instead of playing flag football. the coaches need to have actual game plan.

Jerry, you also need to realize you suck as a GM. for someone making that much money, you are not producing. for 28 years. any other job the person would have been fired, 10 times over

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apologies here but I mean Jerry got to be off his rocker if he gives this Prescott another tailor-made Todd France deal.
Sometimes I wonder what Prescott or Todd hold over Jerry to even get that 1st big deal esp after the 1-4 start and massive injury?