ESPN: Jerry Jones' comments on Dak Prescott needing to step up with a bigger contract

shabazz

Reaction score
It seems the Pampering days are over for #4.
Honestly who the heck is he to get a free ride?
You want 60 million man, well prove you're worth it.
Beating dog teams in the regular season ain't cutting it Dak.
There is no way he survives this upcoming schedule esp with all the outside on-grass games......mama Mia....look away look away it will be gruesome!!
306afaad-558d-41a9-b837-379663b5a471_text.gif
Jerry's gonna cave as usuall.....he merely drags it out to stay relevant in the media

shabazz

Reaction score
Jerry Jones:

What Dak ought to do is force Jerry's hand by suddenly sitting out right now as the season is about to start. Force Jerry to start Cooper Rush and Trey Lance and watch those losses start accumulating while the season starts becoming unwinnable. Then watch the public outcry from Cowboys Nation worldwide for Jerry to stop being a fool and save the season by re-signing Dak!

That will make Jerry eat his words.
Do you think Dak will allow Jerry to get a top 10 draft spot and move up to grab Sanders?

Not happening

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dude, you seriously need to learn the rules about holdouts, because you are completely wrong.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...-easier-to-hold-out-than-to-show-up-and-leave
Oh well. Dak messed up. Instead of being a good soldier for a 3rd time, he should have held out this whole offseason and summer to force Jerry's hand. Instead, Dak did the honorable thing, thought about the team and showed up every day. Meanwhile, Jerry barks and disrespectfully attacks his own star franchise QB through the media.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dak’s agent, obviously aware of Jerry Jones’ penchant for this kind of behavior, made sure his client is in a position to get away from the Cowboys if the spirit moves him. Dak Prescott has the standard player/agent deal with Todd France, but he owes that man huge.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak’s agent, obviously aware of Jerry Jones’ penchant for this kind of behavior, made sure his client is in a position to get away from the Cowboys if the spirit moves him. Dak Prescott has the standard player/agent deal with Todd France, but he owes that man huge.
Yep. 100%.

Plankton

Reaction score
Oh well. Dak messed up. Instead of being a good soldier for a 3rd time, he should have held out this whole offseason and summer to force Jerry's hand. Instead, Dak did the honorable thing, thought about the team and showed up every day. Meanwhile, Jerry barks and disrespectfully attacks his own star franchise QB through the media.
I think it has less to do with thinking of the team, and more thinking about hitting free agency next year. This was his and France's plan all along.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think it has less to do with thinking of the team, and more thinking about hitting free agency next year. This was his and France's plan all along.
Likely so, but you can't blame them with how disrespectful Jerry has suddenly become against them in front of the media. Even throwing lots of F bombs about how no one could manage the Cowboys the way he can...ever. Jerry is losing it. He's never acted this way before.

Plankton

Reaction score
Likely so, but you can't blame them with how disrespectful Jerry has suddenly become against them in front of the media. Even throwing lots of F bombs about how no one could manage the Cowboys the way he can...ever. Jerry is losing it. He's never acted this way before.
I don't think that there has been anything disrespectful uttered in this. It's a business, and all parties understand this. I never will blame a player for trying to get as much as they can - they have a limited shelf life to earn as much as possible, and it's not the player's responsibility to manage the cap - it's ownership's job. Conversely, I don't blame ownership for holding the line on what they want to pay someone either. If it were my team that I owned, I would have went to Prescott/France after the season ended, and asked for them to waive the no-trade clause so they could move on. Prescott isn't worth that salary IMO. They didn't, and here we are.

Don't think for a minute that this is playing out the way that BOTH parties want this to play out. Prescott and France want to hit free agency, and Jones now has the Cowboys as a conversation point throughout the season. Yes, it's stupid to create a huge distraction for the whole team, but to Jerry Jones, distractions via media reporting of the contract=relevance=clicks=dollars.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Best thing for this franchise is that Dak doesn't sign a new deal. Wets the bed in the playoffs (I rather he wins a SB or goes to the Conference Championship. But I doubt it). Signs with another team. Belicheat comes in with a clean slate.

starfan1

Reaction score
I like Dak and Im indifferent on whether he stays or not.i dont believe hes been THE reason for our failures but hes certainly contributed. That said I don't think Dak did anything honorable here at all. I think an honorable thing would be for him to recognize there's work to be dont and that he doesn't need to set the market again.He did it once or came close. I dont blame these athletes for getting their bag especially when owners don't always honor contracts and 1 injury can derail you.

I think Dak is selfish and is thinking free agency or that Jerry will cave. an honorable thing would be about 55 mil and be ready to go get that ring. I figured hed be signed by now but Jerry does like to be relevant in the news

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jerry sounds very confused. If you have not seen enough from your QB the past 8 years, why would you pay him in the neighborhood of $60M/Year knowing that there will be less talent around him because of it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry Jones:

"Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on what Plan B is at quarterback for next year with no quarterbacks currently under contract: Do you know in this day and time you can have them under contract and they still not come? So contracts isn't the end all solution. Some of the best decisions that I've been a part of with the Cowboys have been when we didn't have contracts one way or the other whether the player was on our team or some other team. So I've quit a long time ago getting bent out of shape whether we have someone under contract or not."

What Dak ought to do is force Jerry's hand by suddenly sitting out right now as the season is about to start. Force Jerry to start Cooper Rush and Trey Lance and watch those losses start accumulating while the season starts becoming unwinnable. Then watch the public outcry from Cowboys Nation worldwide for Jerry to stop being a fool and save the season by re-signing Dak!

That will make Jerry eat his words.
lmao....

McKDaddy

Reaction score
What would that have accomplished? He would still be under contract, subject to fines & have to show up now anyway. Plus, it would kill any perception that he was bargaining in good faith.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I was Dak, after Jerry just bashed me and tried to punk me out in front of the whole world, I would call Jerry, Stephen and McCarthy, today, and tell them I'm sitting out until I receive a new contract which I agree to. Let Rush and Lance QB the team to start the season. Once those losses start piling up and all of Cowboys Nation starts picketing to sign Dak immediately, we will soon find out who can punk who out.
lmao.....!!!!