ESPN on QB Contracts (Dak)

Flamma

Reaction score
I think it’s only Mahomes and Allen at this point. Then after that you’ve got a tier of above average QBs that round out the top 10.

Thats my point. Even if you add Herbert and Burrow, that still doesn't make #5 all that great. Everyone from 5-15 is roughly the same.

Hadenough

Reaction score
[Unrelated side-note, I was surprised by former QB Tim Hasselbeck’s list of NFC QB’s he trusts most to win an NFC playoff game. He had Dak at number 2.

Why is that surprising? Here are the current playoff QBs if the season ended today:

Dak Prescott
Taylor Heinicke - no explanation needed
Daniel Jones - no explanation needed
Kirk Cousins - plays small in big games
Jalen Hurts - unproven in playoffs
Tom Brady - stud in playoffs
Jimmy Garrapolo - defense carries that team

The only bonified/proven stud at QB in the playoffs is Brady. It's pretty easy to make an argument for Dak even if you don't like him.[/QUOTE]
I like the way you posted how the defense carries the 49ers. People here always say Dak doesn't have a defense and that's why he can't win. I hate to break it to you but Dak couldn't win on the 49ers.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If or when the Cowboys extend Dak they might as well let Parsons and Diggs go to Buffalo because their efforts will be a complete waste in Dallas as that will be proven this year.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
[Unrelated side-note, I was surprised by former QB Tim Hasselbeck’s list of NFC QB’s he trusts most to win an NFC playoff game. He had Dak at number 2.

Why is that surprising? Here are the current playoff QBs if the season ended today:

Dak Prescott
Taylor Heinicke - no explanation needed
Daniel Jones - no explanation needed
Kirk Cousins - plays small in big games
Jalen Hurts - unproven in playoffs
Tom Brady - stud in playoffs
Jimmy Garrapolo - defense carries that team

The only bonified/proven stud at QB in the playoffs is Brady. It's pretty easy to make an argument for Dak even if you don't like him.[/QUOTE]
Dak unproven or bad in playoffs. Hurts almost has to be treated like a rookie as this is his first with a roster comparable to Daks rookie year. Just making sure we compare apples to apples;).

cnuball21

Reaction score
Thats my point. Even if you add Herbert and Burrow, that still doesn't make #5 all that great. Everyone from 5-15 is roughly the same.

I think 3-9ish is probably a bit better than 10-15.

But for the sake of the threads title, I think all of the dudes in the 2nd tier have it are going to have very large contract. Like it not, nature of the business and next man up in FA.

phildadon86

Reaction score
:hammer:

wait for it. the goal post is going to move via a semi-clever spin move
Yup. He did it already. Said Brees wasn’t elite then and that they lost in the playoffs so he wasn’t a difference maker. Yet when discussing the Matt Cassel situation he said “the patriots didn’t make the playoffs” so it’s forever changing

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
The biggest issue with Dak!s deal from a Cowboys perspective is it was too short. He wanted another bite at the apple after the new TV deal is in place which will bump the cap.

On a per year salary basis, it’s a great deal for the Cowboys. Dak is around 8th in salary with more deals coming which will move him down the list.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think its about consistency....he has some quarters or games where you just scratch your head and then he has ones that you go wow....

Serious question how often do you watch full games of other teams? I watch every team every Sunday and I see all the elite QBs have games or quarters that make me scratch my head.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of course it does.

What did the Saints do that year? That's right. They lost in the Wild Card round to Kirk Cousins and Vikings.

You know why? Because Drew Brees wasn't a difference maker on that roster.

Taysom Hill had a better Wild Card game than Brees that year.

In 2016 Tom Brady served a 4 game suspension. His backups went 3-1 during that stretch. The patriots went on to win the SB that year

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yup. He did it already. Said Brees wasn’t elite then and that they lost in the playoffs so he wasn’t a difference maker. Yet when discussing the Matt Cassel situation he said “the patriots didn’t make the playoffs” so it’s forever changing
its the spin...moving the goal post because I hate to be proven wrong, although I just say whatever to just win an argument in the response to a comment, but don't remember what I said given I put out so much bullshiet syndrome

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Serious question how often do you watch full games of other teams? I watch every team every Sunday and I see all the elite QBs have games or quarters that make me scratch my head.
I never said nobody else doesn't have bad throws or quarters or games. in fact, in one of my comments I said the exact same thing and even said you can't compare any QB in a silo...but the elite have more consistency than bad games compared to an average QB or the non-Elites. they also are able to make some plays when pressure is on, which lately Dak has been struggling with, eventhough earlier in his career he was really good in managing those moments. this doesn't mean Dak is bad. he is just not elite.

rambo2

Reaction score
Mahomes has been Mahomes since he was a rookie.

You should form your own opinions instead of going on YouTube to find a video so you can adopt someone else's opinion as your own.
Mahomes didn't play when he was a rookie.